main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY jedi council speaks

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by celine, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    hey guys-

anyone else still having trouble accessing the jedi council speaks podcasts? i can't figure out if it's something with the new laptop i've got, or if something is still wrong with the site. If i click play, it tells me "connecting to media," then i hit play again and it says the same thing...and so on and so on...

?????

[face_thinking]

2. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, so you got me worried, so I went and checked it out myself and had no problems listening to the podcast. Contacted Podomatic, they said they have not experienced any problems on their site on their end. What kind of connection are you using? If you're using dial-up, the download can take a significant amount of time. Hope that helps.

Bob

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    What browser are you using?
    IE6/IE7?
    FIREFOX?

4. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    I'm using road runner cable. Not sure about the browser. Internet explorer? This computer runs on VISTA though, which is a royal pain because the security measures block everything.

5. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, I think I know what the problem is. It sucks, but you have to disable your firewall in order to listen to the episode.

6. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    so how do i temporarily disable said firewall? Some people here (me) are computer illiterate. or at least in remedial studies.

7. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    Hey is the new site/episode of Jedi council Speaks up and running? ...waiting. *calm voice* patience. I will learn patience.

8. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    It's being announced on the next episode, and is still undergoing some Beta testing, but looks to be ready. I'm putting the new episode together as we speak and it should be out by February 1st or 2nd. Have patience. Be mindful of your feelings ;)!

9. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    It's official, TJCS Volume III, Episode #14 has been released and can be found at: http://www.treborgahkor.podomatic.com

10. arthurweasley

arthurweasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2008
    I've listened to most of it now. I'm pretty impressed!=D= Being a musician, I of course liked to listen to the analysis of the music. I was wondering if you, in a previous episode/volume/whatever have analyzed the changed music in the new versions of the original trilogy, and made comparison/contrast. [face_thinking]
    And by the way, Megadranzer mentioned that you're really into minis. So am I, and I'm always looking for someone to play with. :D

11. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    I haven't compared and contrasted yet, but I plan on doing that in the future once I've gone through all the soundtracks. I even plan on comparing it to Wagnerian operas and the like. Also, I do play the miniatures, sort of. I don't play it a lot and have been meaning to get into it more. So much so, that I'm considering going to Fat Cat Books on Thursday nights on a regular basis and playing with Danny. We'll see, and if we do, I'll let you know where and when. If I can get ahold of him soon enough, we may do it this Thursday. ;)

12. arthurweasley

Jan 16, 2008
    That's a great idea with the comparisons!! Very cool. And yes, definitely let me know about the minis. I'm sure Fat Cat Books wouldn't mind the business. I bought a new pack of the Force Unleashed on Superbowl Sunday. [face_dancing]

13. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, it's official. We're meeting at Fat Cat Books on Thursday night at 7 p.m. to do a miniature game if you want to join in :)

14. arthurweasley

Jan 16, 2008
    That was soooo much fun!!! The night went by way too fast! We should do the mini thing more often! Remember to beware the Attack of the Knobby Spider!! [face_skull]

15. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    yes. And remember it hides in trees even though it's the size of a small house. Bob's clone troopers are doomed.

16. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Ah, just you wait and see. The Mandalorian Basilik will make mince meat out of the spider. I agree, I had a blast the other night. It was great and Danny and I talked about it all day today at the armor party. How about this, how about we set up a mini game every other week on Thursdays starting at 7? We could do one a month at Fat Cat books and one a month at your guys' house. Good idea? We could talk about it tomorrow. I had a blast and I felt like I had a little bit of a social life for once. Albeit geek based, but it was still a social life nonetheless. :)

17. JediMasterWesty

JediMasterWesty Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2007
    I had alot of fun and to quote bob "I felt like I had a social life again" it was alot of fun. Btw al and danielle, I bought a new force unleashed pack and got another han solo carbonite lol I couldnt stop laughing

18. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    [face_laugh] Han apparantly loves you! But only carbonite Han. Real Han loves me! [face_whistling]

Count us in for bi-monthly games.

No! The basilisk will be destroyed--and then knobby spider will be eaten by a rancor. This is how I have forseen it.

19. JediMasterWesty

JediMasterWesty Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2007
    mmmm i wonder if knobby spider tastes like chicken hehhehe

20. arthurweasley

Jan 16, 2008
    Actually, he tastes like plastic. Blah! Don't try it. [face_sick]

21. arthurweasley

Jan 16, 2008
    Rancor Poem #1:
    you smell lyk dead vrelt.
    The best thing I ever smelt.
    EAT.

22. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    [face_monkey] Think that about sums up the evening.

Aurra Singh rules. *evil laugh*

23. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    Hey Bob,

ever get that photo bucket thing working, so we can all upload our photos in one spot?

24. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    No, somehow the password is incorrect. I'll rework it. Sorry, been swamped at school!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.