JEDI COUNCIL - UPDATE: "family board" no longer allowed

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    *sigh* Some people seem to be forgeting something, this isn't your website. It belongs to someone else. It isn't www.i-want-to-swear.com, you don't get to make the rules. You can cry "free speech" all you want, but if you are doing it here remember, you agreed to the terms of service when you signed up. If you don't like them you can always leave.
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    That's a loaded comment Don...

there is no "www.i-want-to-swear.com" 8-}

Hmm... that gives me an idea... maybe I can buy that domain and just have whole pages of *bites tongue* w00t.
  3. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Can people stop complaining!! Get over it! Here is a idea, be polite, or use words no one knows are bad.
  4. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I just find it interesting that we aren't allowed to say anything remotely "bad," yet in the movies themselves Han drops a little D bomb and H bomb... That's right, watch the scene in ANH when they're hiding in the Falcon's smuggling compartments and come out, and in ESB when Han goes to save Luke out in the cold... I think these 2 should at least be allowed based on these facts alone.
  5. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    what a frelling pile of foobies!! give it a rest!

-b-
  6. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The growing sentiment seems to be that, since this website HAS "terms of service" that we all agree to (when we register and post) as stated at the bottom of this page...By pressing the POST button below, you are agreeing to the TOS....that this is a dead issue.

Keep it clean, or theforce.net will take appropriate action against the offending individuals. As for this talk about demanding the "terms of service" be changed. I do not feel there is anything wrong with them...

"I will not foresake all that I've honored and worked for, and betray the Republic"

EDIT: I believe that discussion of those moments in the movies when Han says those words is allowed, IF the reference is centered around the events of the moment...not the profanity. Therefore, the excuse of... "Well Han says it" doesn't make it OK to use outside that context.
  7. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Awhile ago, someone started a petition to make this a PG-13 forum. It didn't go through. I do believe that it was Lord Bane who started it. (Okay, now I feel old. ;))
  8. DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Look. The rule has always been "if it's on the Simpsons, it's ok here". That has been stated many different times by people a whole helluva lot higher up the food chain than you Krash. Wander into other forums, sometime. You will plainly see things like "****" and "#$&^*(" and the like.

Oh and drop the Springer comparisons, k? It's silly and borderline flame.

Patrick
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    It wasn't a comparison, I just don't care for foul-mouthed people causing trouble. So it's nothing personal...I just don't care for your company.

And since you brought it up, there are others higher up on the "chain of command" then myself. However, I am in charge of this fanforce...so don't presume to give me orders. Also, you seem to have first-hand experience at getting banned, please don't give me a reason to contact Bobafemme regarding you becoming a problem.
  10. DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Show a little dissent, step away from the company line, and you threaten me with a ban? Methinks someone's small amount of power has gone to one's head.

As far as contacting your boss, I can almost guarantee you I can go higher. So if you want this to turn into some third grade pissing contest, fine. If you want to listen to the concerns of members (members who have been around a tad longer than you) then be a man and drop the threats.

Patrick
  11. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
  12. DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
  13. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    As this friendly discussion has been taken over by a foul-mouthed trouble-maker...I regret to inform everyone that this thread is now locked.

We'll continue this discussion at the meeting this weekend...oh, DarthKlown2 won't be able to join us...what a shame ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.