main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JEDI COUNCIL Update: Meetings

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    After looking back at the last couple months, there has been a growing trend away from having "meetings" (typically held at Southpark Mall's foodcourt). In the past, there have been concerns that when we get together for these "meetings"...that we spend the majority of time talking about "Fanforce buisness" leaving little to no time for just social conversations.

After discussing this over, with the other members of "the council"...we've all argeed that we should take a more active part in this kind of planning. While everyone is STILL encouraged to share their thoughts on individual boards (as issues arise)...the council will be meeting more frequently to discuss the overall startegy of JKOC. (either in-person or through "the old folk's home" of PM and IM)

When we do get together in a more social setting (Darth Zod's DVD party for example)...everyone will be briefed on the current developments, allowing time for your feedback. But as we've tried in previous "meetings"...the goal is to get through it as efficiently as possible; and allow us to spend more time having fun together. We can still get together at places like South Park Mall...it's just that we think the overwhelming amount of time spent on "buisness" has discouraged alot of people from participation in JKOC.

2. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    As for how this will effect Candii's role as FF secretary (for as long as she wants the job, before going off to school)...she's still our secretary; and responsible to posting keeping everyone informed about what happens during our "briefings" at events.

Now, whether we should promote the FF secretary to a full member of "the council"...that remains to be seen? The job is your's...for as long as you want it Candii; whatever you want to do...we'll work from there.

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't think the amount of business has discouraged interest in the group. I just think lack of publicity has. Hopefully that will change if say the photos of meeting Amy Allen and Troy Denning are published in the Insider or we get a closer relationship to the Plain Dealer.

I don't know why we shouldn't still discuss business with the whole group. Not that there is much to discuss right now; it seems like a dry period. All we have are the t-shirts which remain to be processed, the second trip to the Starfighter, any summer cookouts, and the slow construction of the website. I don't know why these can't at least be touched upon at meetings. As long as we get through business without getting side-tracked, we'll always have room to do the "fun" stuff after. It's just that we need to "stay on target" in order to do so. 8-}

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I don't know why we shouldn't still discuss business with the whole group
    It's not that everyone won't have a say...we're just thinking about shifting the emphasis of when we get together (in-person) from meetings...to more briefings. And focus MORE of our time with the fun stuff

We end up talking about "buisness" issues on the boards, more then in-person (as not everyone can be at every event). And the "stay on target" idea will still work for "briefings" The purpose being to not have topics dragging on for hours.

And I agree, this is "a dry period"...but there are things to consider (T-shirt/website/fan films). The idea is to get through them "on target"

5. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    No, I still want the job. But you should probably keep in mind that I'm going to be leaving to go to college in August, and either of my top 2 choices doesn't really leave me much of an option of coming to meetings. However, if I do end up going to Mercyhurst, I can come home on some weekends, since my dad now works in Erie. That's a long story there in itself, and I'm not sure how many of you know it.

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I know all. I see all. I hope Candace gets that thing she wanted at Mercyhurst.

7. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    I don't think that I'm going to, which is why I think that I'm going to go to Xavier. That's not my only reason, though. They have a beautiful campus, it's not top big, but it's not too small, and the people here are really friendly.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    probably keep in mind that I'm going to be leaving to go to college in August You do whatever you have to for college...you're still one of us, and we'll adapt the needs of the position (when the time comes).

9. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Candace, this is too cool! My often-mentioned niece has just put down a deposit at Xavier--that is, the Xavier in Ohio. She is a huge SW fan and knows more about the entire saga than I do and, in fact, got me back into it last year. Would you like me to PM you her screen name? She doesn't post here. I think she feels like somehow she shouldn't because she lives in another part of Ohio.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I think she feels like somehow she shouldn't because she lives in another part of Ohio.

Anyone is welcome to post here (I spend alot of time on other Fanforce boards) and it would be cool if Candii and your niece got together at college. We'd have to discuss the options of family members/padawans being "members" of JKOC at some other time.

11. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Skye- Since I am currently single, you may PM your often-mentioned niece's screen name to me. ;) j/k

-b-

12. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Brian, Random asked me to do that several months ago but I think it should be up to my elusive niece to contact guys. I've told her on many occasions there are single guys with the JKOC but I'll remind her again. :D And one of these days Geoff is going to ban me for always getting us off topic!

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    And one of these days Geoff is going to ban me for always getting us off topic!

Hardly the case, if so...I'd have to slap myself on the hand, kick BMack in the a##, and just shoot Random and Mullet ;)

That being said, all you have to do (to correct this problem) is come to JKOC meeting and events!!! You see...we're back "on target"

And that's why they pay me the "CR-big bucks!!!" :D

14. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    But you don't get paid ANY big bucks...you don't get paid even a buck :p

15. DRD-1812

DRD-1812 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    For some reason, Krash has been banned!!!

Hopefully this is just a mistake, but he was in the middle of some heated discussion about EU, and may have upset a mod.

I'll try to relay any important information for him, about JKOC matters. As well as keep everyone informed.

16. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002

[face_shocked]

17. DRD-1812

DRD-1812 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    So much for getting paid "the big CR-bucks" right Krash! ;)

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    And one of these days Geoff is going to ban me for always getting us off topic!

Hardly the case, if so...I'd have to slap myself on the hand, kick BMack in the a##, and just shoot Random and Mullet

Hey, my nickname is Random for a reason... getting off-topic is what I do. 8-}

So about those meetings... wait, that'd be getting back on topic. Hoagies and grinders, hoagies and grinders, navy beans, navy beans, meatloaf sandwich. SLOPPY JOE SLOPPY SLOPPY JOE!

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  20. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, that's what Krash gets for upsetting the twelve year olds. 8-}

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    We resent that. We're 13, or otherwise we couldn't post here. 8-}

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You will not be needing those...
    ((cuffs unlock and fall to the floor))

I'm back! It's funny given my resent statement about getting banned:
    if so...I'd have to slap myself on the hand, kick BMack in the a##, and just shoot Random and Mullet

All I can say is...realize that it can happen to anyone (even a CR). And be very careful what you say on the boards.

23. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Eric...you could always show the truth...from a certain point of view! :D :D If someone was only 12 they could say the would be 13 sooner or later!

24. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Skye, it would be fine by me if you pmed your neice my screen name. And Don, I acn't wait to hear what you have to say about Xavier. I'm sure that it will be highly intellectual.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Since we all seem to agree that Candii should keep her job as Fanforce secretary (until she goes away to college?)...and after spending alot of time talking with Rox and Master_Sal from Pittsburgh, there are some things they said that make sense for our group.

What Master_Sal said Pittsburgh does is have 1 meeting (the 3rd weekend of every month) with a agenda of a couple items (listed before the meeting/and locked the day before). After those topics are discussed, the meeting is open for "new buisness" and then it's just casual conversation. As long as everyone stays "on target"...this works best. We've talked about incorporating alot of these methods, and the recent idea of not "having meetings for the sake of having meetings" holds true...it just means having a set time to get together, and then holding special events (planned well in advance) in addition to holding meetings.

In response, "the council" will meet to discuss this soon...THIS is your chance to share your thoughts on the matter (we will include your comments in our discussion)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.