Jedi Council - update

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Since there have been some random comments made about how a number of us "feels in the dark about what the Council has been doing... a fair percentage of the RoP cast (I'm not going to speak for individual people) discussed this at the last film meeting and felt that they weren't clear about Council duties and what they've been discussing" If ANYONE has felt confused, or uninformed on what is going on...please say so now. I don't want anyone feel like they have to talk in private about how the fanforce is being run. I hope the following will let go of some frustration, but if not...please say something (none of us will take it personally)

A while back, "the council" met back on August 29th @ TGI Friday's (Pamatown) to discuss a number of things. The following is a summary of what happened:

*Darth-Zod is going through all available records to find out just who has been coming to meetings. Meanwhile, I've been working on a listing for all known/regular attending members. The CR's listing will include: screenname/real name, and I would like to get some method of contacting you. This information will only be available to the CR (so don't worry about spam mail)

*Darth-Zod explained his plans for the holding the vote to decide our website domain name. For reasons of security, it was decided not to post the options on the boards...for fear of having them taken by someone else.

*We talked about the duties and responsiblilites of "the council" And some assignments were given:
    Krash: CR duties
    Darth-Zod: Policy and Fanforce Voting
    DonC: Treasury, and Public Relations

*With the resolution passed to create a website, we discussed options for the "web-team" described by Anrev at the previous meeting.

*Don made a call to The Cleveland Force soccer team, investigating a group outing. UNKNOWN TO US, someone else made a call to the team...speaking with someone else. And while Don was away(Vegas), I investigated BOTH contacts, and will provide ALL information on that particular thread (and will update at the meeting)

*T-shirts were discussed briefly, at the time...no specific information by Cindy (the only person at the time to offer to investigate) was available. We Talked about the realistic possibility of things like costs/timetables/designs. All of which were covered in the boards.

*Darth-Zod mentioned the possibility of holding a "release party" to celebrate the release of AOTC on DVD. No definate plans were goin to be made, until we posed the question...AT THE NEXT MEETING

It's been almost 2 months between "meetings"...knowing the schedule for RoP, we decided not to try and cram too much in a short period of time;becoming a conflict with their tight window of time to get the film done. We all have lives away from SW, and I hope everyone made the most of the time away. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this Sunday...or in the near future.

May the Force be with us...always!
    Krash
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Krash, I can't speak for the others, but I know this personally helps me out a lot to be somewhat on the same page with everyone (esp after almost 2 months with no meetings). I would like to thank you for that. (See what happens when things get posted so everyone can get an idea of what is going on?) I'd also like you to remember:

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in this fanforce."
  3. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Like I said, we've had some time off...and I can't say it's been 100% restful(thanks in part to you, Random) But I'm always open-minded to share any information about upcoming fanforce stuff. I've been trying to stay up-to-date on RoP's progress. TBX has got some big things happening. And there is the upcoming T-shirt, FORCE home-opener, and website to work on (I still believe that alone is alot to handle)

Everything discussed at "the council" meeting was going to be shared at the meeting, this Sunday. Given the extended period of time between "meetings" there was going to be some confusion; but we intended to update everyone in due time.
  4. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I would have been find if you had brought it up at the meeting. That is what it is for.
  5. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I like it how I make a few simple suggestions harmlessly, and all of a sudden I'm a stress-inducer. j/k. And not just that, but it will never die when people won't let it... except that it has, so a dead horse is getting beat...
  6. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Krash
    This is most definitely a step in the right direction regarding communication. I know that we should all be able to look at this and know exactly what we need to talk about, and what people need to be prepared for.

Padawan
    I don't want this to sound like I'm talking down to you because that is by far not my intention. However, I have three points to make.

First, I don't know how much you and Krash talk about fanforce outside the boards at home, but you have at least a subconsious(sp?) knowledge that you can talk to Krash at home about this at some point. So whether you exercise that privlege or not, it's not one that most of us have. So we may be a little titchy when it comes to discovering what may arise as an issue.

Second, I'm not sure how many organizations you may be involved in at school, but you may have meetings every few weeks or so. Those, in my experience, were either run or supervised by teachers from the school. Chances are that the members of those groups also have multiple classes together and meeting happenings can easily be passed word of mouth. Now, my fraternity has problems with communication because we are trying to implement parlimentary procedures more effectively, people have schedule conflicts and we don't always see each other every day. It's a very similar situation here, so naturally, problems will arise.

Third, there may be issues that need to be rosolved before a meeting. Think about the Force game. We will iron out as much as we can at the meeting, but details will undoubtably change, so we all need to be informed as to what people think solutions should be as well as what solutions we will decide on. We could not possibly convene a meeting in some cases. So being able to communicate effectively about small things on the board and little tiny issues will help us out if something decides to hit the fan. Don't ask me to cite a possible case because I can't think of one. However, my inability to thnk of anything does not mean we should not be prepared.

So, if you feel that things can be talked about at the meeting, be prepared to talk about them. If other people want to discuss the issues at hand on the boards, let them and don't complain about it. I don't really think that posts such as:
    "I would have been find if you had brought it up at the meeting. That is what it is for."
    are terribly constructive towards any goals we may have as an organization.

To anyone with strong feelings on this issue:
    I, for one, do not think that these past two soap box rants I went on have been terribly polite. I apologize if I offended anyone. However, the issues of communication need to be resolved somehow. Inflamatory-finger-pointing and defensive-last-words are not an effective way to communicate. It does not lend itself to the impression of fun that I get from this group. I just hope I never see a reason for me to climb back up on a soap box. I see all this issurectionist crap as a dead issue. It was a misunderstanding. It has been ironed out. It is done.

Please don't take me the wrong way folks. I want this to be fun for everyone and I don't want any of the work that the founders have done to be in vain.

-b-
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    While I'm all for anyone making "a few simple suggestions" frankly, you've been a "stress-inducer"...and I'm not j/k.

This is supposed to be a very low-key social group. However, as CR, I started "the council" to divide up some of the responsibilities, and have a chain of command that people can go to with any problems/suggestions. Not to mention, I like having a group of people who I can ask for their advice...without turning simple decisions into major debates.

On another note... while we, as a Fanforce, decided to meet once a month; "The Council" will only hold meetings when situations merit such a meeting. We do communicate with each other regualarly, and then share the information with the rest of you (Zod posts all voting results/Don any major PR announcements/me meeting/event news/times/places) With such a long gap between meetings, it may have seemed like people were out of the loop...that was not the case.
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    All I have to say is I agree with Brian... this is a dead issue. I ask that everybody forget any negative feelings anyone may have about any other JKOC member right now. THIS PARTY IS OVER... LET THE ISSUES DIE!
  9. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    First I do talk with Krash at home but I didn't find out anything like what we are talking about when they were at the Council meeting. I stay out of the Council cause I'm not in it. Another thing is I said if the council talks about something at one of the council meeting talking about it as a group would be easier at the big meeting because everyone is there.
  10. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I find it somewhat amusing that Random is asking that "we let the issue die" because he is one biggest creator/antagonist of these "debates" copying huge blocks of my posts; and using that as evidence contrary to my point. If you're going to quote me...get it right! (in fact just stop it all together) This is not just "defensive-last-words"...I have seriously lost some faith in Random, becuase of his apparent lack of respect for me.

I'm glad this clears up some of the confusion over what has been going on among "the council" (most of which has been shared in the appropriate threads) Again, everything was going to be shared at the next meeting. And in the future, I'll update everyone on any future council meetings.
  11. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    It is starting to turn into persecution. He apologized. He did not think before speaking. He had good intentions but the words were not well selected. He expressed remorse to me privately. I believe his words were: "I didn't mean to start a war." He apologized to everyone here publicly.

Let it go.

-b-
  12. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    "Let go, Luke. Let go."

Okay, I'm done, and I'm so staying out of this.
  13. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    You're right Brian, he has backed down...for everyone to see. He may have expressed remorse for his comments TO YOU...but the only thing I want is an apology.

I've heard alot of "well I just felt uninformed" and talk of "secrets" or "you weren't making yourself clear." And while he's (repeatedly) said he is only trying to help; he has done so at MY expense. I can read between the lines of some of his posts, (just as well as everyone) and while he may not have thought before he spoke; at least be honorable enough to admit when you crossed the line. That's all I want.

I thought everything I mentioned in my update from the "jedi council" meeting was said in it's appropriate thread. If I was mistaken, I'm sorry (there, I said it)

"That's all I have to say about that"
  15. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I tried biting my tongue. I tried to make peace. I never wanted a war, I said my peace, and tried to kill issues. Like Luke struggling on the 2nd Death Star, not knowing how the h3ll to handle this, I was tossed between not doing anything or taking action. I didn't address your last post Krash, then you made another... All I have to say is

1. As everyone has been saying for a while now... EVERYBODY needs to CHILL OUT.

2. I am not going to apologize again. I ALREADY DID THAT KRASH. (I'm not saying I want the historian position, but I refer to the Archives... September 13, 2002):

"Once again, if you reread my post above, you will see that I did NOT mean to hurt your feelings Krash. I know that you've done a lot for this group and that it means a lot to you... and I appreciate that a lot. I think I have a good understanding of what the CR title entails, and I know it's a big responsibility and that there are certain duties, it just feels like some things are being rushed right now when they don't need to be... Once again, sorry for any hurt I may have caused, I did not intend to hurt you, I just feel that some changes could be made.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL!!!"

3. You could "read between the lines" about the negative things I said... "read between the lines" of the said apology of 9/13 to see my peaceful intent.

4. I never disrespected you. I may have made suggestions in a way that you found to be disturbing, but never did I use any profane language in any of my posts, particularly none towards you. (While you can't say the same)

5. Brian is right... this has turned to persecution. Nute Gunray: "Zis is an outrage!"

6. THIS IS A DEAD ISSUE... I EXPECT THINGS TO BE PATCHED UP AND EVERYONE TO STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS... I'M TRYING TO BE A MAN ABOUT THIS!!! I EXPECT YOU ALL TO ACT YOUR AGE! I WISH I COULD HAVE LOCKDOWN POWER RIGHT NOW TO KILL THIS THREAD!
  16. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    "how the h3ll to handle this" Well aside from some cute typing...I'd say you were mistaken.

Do you honestly think I want this? Do you think I like spending most of my free-time (online) having to answer to someone who has accused my of "Palpatine Issues" when all I want is to get together with as many SW fans as possible? As far as I'm concerned, I need to hear 2 words (honestly) and this is a dead issue.

I read your posts again (there's alot) and here's what I'M HEARING...you say your sorry for hurting my feelings...then come back with some kind of excuse/justification for it. I don't want an excuse...I want a simple "I'm sorry"...nothing else attached.

((hand extended)) I'm willing to drop this...I just need to hear 2 simple words (and no attachments)
  17. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    sorry for any hurt I may have caused
  18. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    I expect to see you both kiss and make up at the next meeting.
  19. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, Krash isn't my type... no kissing him for me. However... if Kat was city rep... ;)
  20. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thank you Random...that's all I wanted.

As far as "the council" goes, I don't tell Emily anything from the "council" meeting, until I share it with everyone else. While we do talk about stuff going on "the boards" (not just Cleveland), it's funny sometimes...I'll be online, she'll read over my shoulder, then bug me until I logoff; so she can post in the same topic (or vice versa)

FYI: I've been working on a roster of "regular" members (people who have been around on a consistant basis) While a few have turned up MIA, here's what I've got:

The Jedi Knights of Cleveland roster:
    Krash - CR/JC member
    DonC - JC member
    Darth-Zod - JC member
    JarJarJedi
    Padawan92
    TheRandomMenace
    GrnJalera
    Douz
    Anrev the Jedi
    Reborn Jedi
    PadawanPadme - aka "Mom"
    Jedi_BMack
    JediKnightPasJoDacle (honorary member)
    southbeach
    Jedi Candii
    Old_Benny
    Scorched-Dewback
    Darth Zome
    Degalos (MIA)
    Kenobi503
    shinjo-jedi
    GenerationX7
    Tuebor (MIA)
    Skyedancer - she's new, contacted me via e-mail
    TX421 (MIA)
    CalaisKenobi
    Darth-Callous (MIA)
  21. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Krash, edit your list to add Chris... aka TX 421 (MIA), and CalaisKenobi (new... Brian and I have been talking to her to coax her to join us)
  22. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Whoa there! Ok I'm glad I'm listed as a regular member and all, but what's with the plain old "Reborn Jedi"? Respect the names, man! It's _-Reborn Jedi-_...put some elbow grease into it man! It ain't gonna kill ya! Ok well maybe I'm just messing with you, just glad to see this whole fiasco has been worked out, cause Random's been down in the dumps lately. Well gotta run, gonna be late for work :p
  23. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    uh, wow... i had no idea we were so numerous.

I........ do not think the JKOC could have returned without our knowing

sorry, only quote i could think of to fit. :)

-b-
  24. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Reborn, don't start man...I'm not going for precise detail here. Just putting a list of names together of the people who are frequent poster/readers on our boards.

If anyone spots some of our MIA brother/sisters on another board, give them a shout-out...and let them know the door is always open.
  25. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
    add me to the list. i live in youngstown and this was the closest fanforce
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.