main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Jedi dissapearance....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Master_Damir, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, I thought that with viewing AOTC I would have more insight on how some Jedi can dissapear while others don't, but instead I only got more confused upon hearing Qui-Gon speak, who we know did not dissapear in TPM. Now if anyone else managed to pick up any hints or have any new theories on the topic, please post them here and help me out :D

2. _Holocron_

_Holocron_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2002
    Not sure if I can help you out but I certainly know where you're coming from. There's rumours left right and centre but I was always under the (misguided?) impression that a Jedi must have to be 'as one' with the Force at the time of their death to come back (aka Yoda, Kenobi). But Qui-Gon's death in TPM and subsequent presence (albeit as a voice only) in AotC appeared to put rest to that theory...

Unless of course Qui-Gon made his peace when he was meditating whilst those red energy shields were blocking him from Maul. Who knows, maybe it's something all Jedi can do?

Doesn't really help you though does it?!!
    Anyone else?

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    You can venture into the AOTC forum if you feel brave, but it might be a tad confusing. The number of fanboy theories flying around there are phenomenal. I'm not sure what to think yet; I always thought disappearing was a Jedi skill taught only to the lucky few (Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin), and Qui-Gon didn't learn it since he didn't disappear. But his voice in the movie has me quite confused. The Force works in mysterious ways...

4. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    yeah im not sure either,

i always thought that a jedi that disappears can come back in spirit, but yeah qui-gon didnt disappear.

who knows?

But another thing im not sure about in ep2 is that dooku didnt know that the republic had an army, why didnt sidious warn him about the army?

The only thing i can think of is that dooku, knew but pretended he didnt know infront of the geonosis.

5. zam_wesell13

zam_wesell13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2002
    lots of Jedi that were in EP1 ain't in EP2, many think they're dead. Someone said that Yaddle or Poof was killed by Zam before EP2. Um...

6. thx1138-the-jedi

thx1138-the-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2001
    POOF WAS KILLED BY ZAM WHEN SHE WAS ON A MISSION WITH JANGO, ITS IN THE zAM WESSEL COMIC, ITS REALLY GOOD
    (I WILL TAKE THE CAPS OFF, BUT I cant be bothered retyping the whole thing, i am lazy to the bone)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.