main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Dreams (in total thus far): I posted, I swear 12/30/01!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Alli-Wan, Jul 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Sorry all. Having a rotten week. Massive cell death (in petri dishes, not of my person). May poat later to combat academic depression (to procrastinate while hoping some dishes pull through). D_MN CHICK CELLS! In any case, just wanted to let you all know I hadn't forgotten you and wasn't trying to leave you on the edge of your seats. Life's just like that sometimes. --AWK

2. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Greetings. A post. Sorry, they're going to be few and far between from here on in. (At least until I buy a new computer for home-- think October.)

Infrequent, but not forgotten.

Enjoy!

Some days it just wasn't worth getting out of bed. Even if the bed one slept on folded out of a couch, had a mattress that was not only crepe-thin but also insisted on attempting to fold back into said couch, and one's feet and ankles (and nearly one's knees) hung off the far edge. And yes, today, was making a fine argument for making a habit out of curling up under the blankets and hibernating until sometime next century.

But he was a Jedi, and Jedi didn't sleep in. They bravely faced whatever the Force and the day set before them. They performed their jobs to the best of their abilities.

(Unless they have the Phlegmian Flu.)

Qui-Gon mentally sighed. Even illness was starting to have a bright side.

(Are you forgetting that lovely feeling of having your airways so clogged you were willing to stick your lightsabre up your nose just to clear your sinuses?)

Then again, maybe not. Maybe the current situation wasn't so bad after all.

Except that all plans had suddenly changed. They had the wrong directions, but if Obi-Wan was correct (and he had clearly expressed in his first message that he was having a VERY BAD FEELING about all this), those directions wouldn't stay wrong for long. And with the surveillance teams whispering from every major roadway between the house and the spacedock, those feelings were very, very justified.

(Not that they aren't usually justified.) Qui-Gon didn't mean to sound skeptical of his own padawan, but he sometimes wondered if he came across that way. Prescience was not one of his own gifts, and while he certainly put his faith in the Force, and trusted that the same Force that bestowed him such awareness of life energies sent Obi-Wan his insights, it was difficult to judge the accuracy and relevance to the moment when he couldn't experience it himself. He supposed it was like asking a blind man to teach the meaning of painting, or a deaf man to analyze music. It could be done, but sensory experience was beyond him; he could read all the books and discuss it with other masters, but that still didn't give him the experience to interpret Obi-Wan's impressions from the Unifying Force. (Especially when his descriptions of his impressions tended to consist of 'I have a bad feeling about this,' 'I have a very bad feeling about this,' and 'with respect Master, should we REALLY be doing this?') The last was the subtle one. The others were straightforward; you told me to listen to the Force and this is what it said. The last one might merely be an adolescent complaint, or may be an unspoken statement to the effect of I'm-not-really-sure-if-the-Force-is-with-me-today or I-know-you-are-really-set-on-this-path-Master but I-thought-I-should-mention-this-thing-tickling-my-brain. Qui-Gon was slowly beginning to realize he would have to start paying more attention to these small cues. Sometimes nothing came of them. Sometimes they were followed by attacks, explosions and natural disasters of incredible magnitude. It just all depended on . . . unfortunately; he was yet to figure out what it depended on.

But coupled with his own sentiments, he was taking this bad feeling quite seriously. Heck, it didn't take the Unifying Force to get a bad feeling about the situation at all. In fact, that chilled feeling from this afternoon's lunch was starting to creep back up on him. (Stop! Focus on the moment. We'll deal with each moment when we get to it, not before.) He released his anxieties to the Force. Now, first things first.

"'Kenobi' is my padawan's surname, Ield." Remembering Ield's difficulty with names (Ield had come up with most interesting ones for Xanatos, and he himself had even answered to the name Kill-Joe Goon in the midst of battle), Qui-Gon took the care the emphasize each syllable, not just for the bewildered scientist's benefit, but also fo

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Hooray for Alli-Wan!!

What a post! I can't wait to see Evel and Reese in action. Seems like Qui-Gon wants to make it up to them in a way!

Eagerly awaiting the next post!

4. Nerrie

Nerrie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2000
    That was great, Alli-Wan, and funny :) Poor Qui-Gon, having to interpret those nebulous "bad feeling" remarks from Obi-Wan. And Ield's name for the master cracked me up. *laughs*

5. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    EGAD!!

That was a most excellently groovylicious post!!

So ol' Qui Gon is gonna enlist the help of the 'almost-Jedi's'? Zowie, if I was on the edge of my seat before...where else can I go?!?!?!? My butt's too big to just hover here...hmmmm, I'll figure something out.

Keep up the great work!! :) :) :)

6. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Oh gosh that was great! "Kill-Joe Goon!" Haha! :) Hehe, they're going to use lightsabers! Such a great post! And I have a feeling Axin gets to leave soon. Post soon!

7. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Just popping this up so I can find it tonight. Will most likely be posting at least something short. --AWK

8. Nerrie

Jul 7, 2000
    And up again. :) Looking forward to it, Alli-Wan...

9. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999

"What's that for?" Axin asked suspiciously. Ev had come back onto the porch with Mrs. Ganto's wind thing that she used to make her hair fluffy. Queen Bauble didn't use the wind thing on her hair unless it was for a holiday, or Axin's grandmother was visiting. Mrs. Gantos wasn't out here and Gran Muse wasn't due to visit for another month. And Ev was holding the wind thing. (Is he going to make MY hair fluffy? Is that the mean trick?) Ev found a power outlet and started up the machine before answering.

"I brought this out to dry the paint faster. Mrs. Gantos won't want this paint on her face." He grimaced at hands scrubbed raw. "It's really hard to get off." Really hard. They were using the same paint Axin used to make his light-swords. (The same paint he had most recently managed to decorate himself with). He had managed to remove it from his hands and arms (along with a bit of skin), but he had been unable to completely remove it from his face. Mrs. Muse had taken one look at the results of his scrubbing when he had come out of the washroom and then shoved him back in, rooting through Mrs. Gantos make-up drawer. Ev had been mortified (she was putting MAKE-UP on him!), but a second glance at his still spotted face in the mirror changed his mind about cosmetics. Better to be laughed at by is peers than shot at when the man he duped caught up with them. He just hoped no one noticed in the mean time.

"I know," Axin replied. "When I made my lightsabre I accidently hit myself in the head with it and got a big green streak in my hair. Luckily it wasn't on full power at the time." Ev glanced at him.

"That would have hurt." Axin nodded back, still confused. Of course it would hurt. He knew that. He understood that. What he didn't understand was why didn't Ev say something mean and nasty? He knew better than to tell Ev a story like that, where he had done something even HE thought was stupid, but still Ev hadn't said anything mean about it. What was going on here? Why was Mrs. Gantos always sleeping? Why was Queen Bauble listening to Obee-one? Why was Ev being nice? Was he supposed to be doing something weird too? Was he supposed to pretend he was a Sith or something? He had thought 'Backwards Day' was something only little kids did in primer school, but did the governor make it a planet-wide holiday? Was that what was going on?

"So who's the kid?"

"Kid?" (What kid?) What was Ev talking about?

"The kid. The one talking to your ma, who . . . flips." Ev had understood that Axin was not aware of the Flipped Boy's Jedi status, but that didn't mean the boy knew nothing. Ev was as nosy as anyone on this world, but it wasn't his sense of curiosity which made him ask, rather it was his sense of self-preservation. Not one to follow blindly, he wanted to know a little more about the boy his own age who giving all the orders around here.

Axin stared at Ev for a moment. It was clear he had been talking about Obee-one (after all, Axin didn't know anyone else who could flip), but why did he call him a 'kid'? Kids were usually people and Obee-one was a droid, not a person. (Not that droids weren't important like people, but they usually weren't called kids.) Maybe Ev just called him that because he was a young droid and he was about as big as Ev. Or maybe because Ev hadn't realized Obee-one was a droid. Axin thought the rockets were pretty obvious, but Ev had seemed really confused, so maybe he just didn't notice. Axin smiled to himself. It was kind of nice for once to know something Ev didn?t know. Nice not to be the stupid one for once. Then again, maybe it really was Backward's Day and you were supposed to talk about droids as if they were people and people as if they were droids. Axin shrugged. He needed more clues, but he certainly wasn't going ask Ev for any.

"His name is Obee-one, and he works for Mr. Master. They do stuff on Chorus-kant, and they are leaving soon with Mr. and Mrs. Gantos. I don't know where they are going." Ev nodded.in relie

10. Nerrie

Jul 7, 2000
    Now there's an interesting conversation; it's kind of fun watching Ev trying to interrogate Axin. I'm glad to see Ev is reforming... hopefully when everything ends, he won't backslide. :) Keep going, All-Wan! :)

11. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Eeep. That will teach me not to just post and not check it. The end of the last post got cut off. (Sorry, I had writers block on Friday night, so the post only got half finished, and then when I was almost done, the computer froze and it took me another 45 minutes to restart and rewrite what got eaten. So I just posted and went home without checking. You have my utmost apologies.) Even I have to admit the gourd vines sticking out of the sleeves is kind of an anti-climactic ending for the post. Hee hee. Let me post that last bit again. Hopefully it will make a little more sense this time around. --AWK

"I'm going too?" Axin may trust the young Jedi, but Ev still didn't. The change of clothes had been an unexpected gift; he had honestly thought they intended to leave him behind. Why would he need to come-- (They're coming. More of them. With blasters!) Ev rushed past Tebla and down the stairs, hopped into the back seat and buckled up. After a few hurried breaths, he noticed Mrs. Gantos, now in full scare-bird costume, still unconscious in the front seat. She was wearing a very large robe, like O-Bee-Wun's but darker (must be Mr. Master Jedi's) with the bunches of gourd vines sticking out of the sleeves. O-Bee-Wun came in carrying the masks and lightsabres he and Axin had passed to Mrs. Muse as she ushered them through the door. The Jedi boy was wearing his robe again, but he had torn sheets hanging loosely under the front of the robe to hide his clothes and limbs. His vine "arms" lay on the one remaining back seat. Quickly he opened Mrs. Gantos's door to put her mask on her. She never made a sound.

Someone else however, was making sounds, a good deal of noise in fact. Axin was mumbling loudly in frustration as he tried to fasten his safety restraints. After watching several unsuccessful attempts, Ev leaned over a bit impatiently and buckled it for him. (Lets go! Let's go!) Axin's jaw dropped in shock. (He helped me?) Ev noticed the strange look.

"Too tight?" Axin shook his head.

Mrs. Muse came down the steps just as O-Bee-Wun finished securing Axin's lightsabre to Mrs. Gantos's vine hand. Without breaking her stride, she flicked the door switch as O-Bee-Wun hopped into the back and pulled his mask on and his hood up. Tebla placed the ornate box she had been carrying on Zelle's lap and started the groundcar, pulling out of the garage. She turned back to face the young Jedi.

"Do we have everything?"

"This will have to be everything." She nodded, then turned back to the dash, scanning it frantically.

"I can't close the door!" (They'll see the open door. They'll know. They'll follow us.) She turned back. The scare-bird behind her flicked its wrist. The door began to close. Heaving a sigh of relief, Tebla continued to back down the driveway. "Which way?"

"East," came the pillow-case muffled reply.

With a silent prayer for themselves and her husband, Tebla turned the groundcar East, away from Kupkil's farm. With a grimace, Ev sunk down in his seat, hoping to become invisible. With a grumble, Axin tried to figure out what he should be doing for Backward's Day, because this was surely the only explanation.

[We're leaving, Master.]

[ . . . see . . . soon . . . careful . . .]

[Yes, Master.]

"May the Force be with us."

12. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    That was great! I have a feeling everything will turn out great in the end (meaning they all will reunite.)

13. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    That was great Alli-Wan. All sorts of excitement. :)

I still don't have a connection at home. (Stupid storm blew a stupid tree down and it took my power lines and phone lines with it).

Keep up the great work, I'll check in as I'm able!

14. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Please post for us soon Alli-Wan! this is getting too exciting. How is Axin going to handle it? Is he going to find out about Obee-one as=nd Mr. Master? Please don't break that dear boy's heart.

BTW, What's Guff up to?

15. Nerrie

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmm...Backwards Day... *chortles* Poor confused Axin.

16. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Sorry I haven't been in. Busy busy. Will try to post tommorow if not on Friday, so you won't be in withdrawal too much.

Hope I'm not the only one who had Backward's Day when they were in kindergarten. (It was fun, we girls got to play with the blocks, and the boys got to play house. Pretty progressive for the early eighties.) Of course we also wore our clothes backwards, and are activities were backwards. I can't remember what else we did, but it WAS a very long time ago. (Just so you know where Backward's Day came from. ;) )

Be back soon. --AWK

17. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    I vaguely recollect doing something similar way back when, but all the Sweet & Low my Mom fed us as kids has wiped out most of my higher memory synapses. *shrug*

Waiting patiently. :)

18. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Sorry, really short post. Better than nothing, I guess. Be back eventually. --AWK

P.S.- As soon as my life settles down, I will start treating you all (my faithful readers) a little better. Unfortunatly, it looks as if my life will settle down sometime around 2006. Grr.

Enjoy!

/Commander to Treehouse./

"Tre, Treehouse. Gu, Guff speaking."

/Guff? Where's that other, . . . man?/ (Don't tell me I lost my new assistant already, before I even found out his name? Oh well, I'll just torture it out of you later Guff.)

"Uh, other muh, man?" (What other man?)

{The other man with the teflon tongue. He thinks you're two people.} The Wookie wuffled his amusement.

"Oh, him." (Good thing the Boss doesn't speak Wookie.)

/Yes, Guff. Him./ (And the moron still doesn't know that I can't speak Wookie.)

{You on the other hand, definitely have an arrowhead tongue to match an arrowhead mind. Only sharp at one end.} The comment earned Sinew a brief glare.

"I, uh, h-have him c-c-calling back the dr-dr-droids. A fe-fe-few have gone missing." With his left hand, Guff continued to administer the return codes to the probe droids. With his right, he manipulated the comm channel. Sinew observed him quietly.

{You could have asked me to do that.} Guff ignored him as the Boss mulled this over. {Of course, then you'd be lying.}

/I don't care about droids Guff! I care about results!/

Guff sighed silently. Sinew winced until Guff turned down the volume on the cabin speaker.

/The droids have proven useless./

{That's what happens when you leave things like this up to a bunch of flying tin cans.}

Guff flicked on a scrambler programmed to remove Sinew's voice from transmissions. The Boss might not speak Wookie, but that didn't mean someone else nearby wouldn't tell him he was being insulted. Entertaining as Sinew's commentary was (it always got him through the hard times), it was the last thing the Boss needed to hear right now. The man was strung tight as a watchspring and was as paranoid as a spice addict. They were already on the execution list, for Force's sake; did Sinew really have to give him even more reasons?

"Ye-yes." (Of course the droids were useless. He's a Jedi. He's not stupid. And if you send out that many droids, he will see them before they see him).

/Contact the Groundcar Registry Center, Guff. He must have a vehicle of some kind. With luck, he was stupid enough to register it under his own name. Also check under the name of Jinn's alias./ Guff rolled his eyes. The men were bad enough. Now the Boss was using names on the airwaves? No wonder they couldn't find him. He could be listening in right now. (I hope he's listening in right now.)

"I-I'll h-have that f-f-f-for you in h-half an hou-hour."

/Fifteen minutes, Guff!/

"Yessss, su-sir. Guff out." He cut the line. Sinew reached for the timer.

{Fifteen minutes?}

"Ten."

{You already have it?}

"I already checked it."

{And?} No reply. Sinew picked up the yarn ball which had rolled under his console (Guff and his yarn balls! Couldn't he have found more tidy forms of physical therapy? At least clay doesn't roll.) With a smirk, Sinew tossed the ball at his friend, hitting him in the shoulder. (On the other hand, yarn doesn't splatter.) Guff turned with a start, but caught the ball before it hit the floor.

{AND?! What did you find, oh Magic Fingers of Lightning?} Guff shook his head as he stowed the yarn ball in a small compartment, next to a variety of communication equipment and blaster charge clips.

"S-sorry. Gantos is too smart to have registered any vehicles under his own name, or at least Jinn is, and would have stopped him. He most likely drives groundcars registered to the Agricultural Corp."

{And Jinn's alias?}

"Lot's of vehicles registered to Muses in the area, but only one that wasn't also a piece of farm equipment. An open-back ground truck under the name of Putbil Muse."

{Master Putbil Muse?} Somehow Sinew found this dif

19. Nerrie

Jul 7, 2000
    *watches Guff multitask* wow...I'm glad he's not truly /evil/...um, right Alli-Wan? With the brain and abilities he has, Guff can do so much better for the Good Side(tm). :)

20. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Greetings!

More effects of the Sweet & Low JGG? Eeep. LOL. And Neri . . . Guff and the Good Side . . . hmmm . . . sorry, you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Okay, another poorly edited post. Need sleep. Enjoy!

--AWK

He sighed silently. Sometimes being strong in the Unifying Force really . . . stunk. (Why me?) Yes, he should be grateful and appreciative of the bountiful gifts the Force had bestowed on him, but often young Obi-Wan was at a loss as to how they provided any benefit to him whatsoever. What good was prescience anyway? As far as he could tell, it only made him worry more. And worry led to fear and then to anger and then to lectures because he was the padawan of the finest knight in the order who had already lost an apprentice to the Dark. Thus the Unifying Force blessed Obi-Wan with extra lectures and he would enjoy them (but not too the extent that it would compromise his serenity, mind you.) Wahoo. Amazing. Plus, it was kind of . . . disturbing sometimes. (Why couldn't I have had strength in the Living Force instead?) Qui-Gon never seemed to be disturbed by what the Force told him. Well, not unless they were surrounded by death, or disease or particularly dark-minded people. And even though Qui-Gon kept his calm, Obi-Wan wasn't fooled; he was often grateful for his frequently utter blindness to the Living Force. Some things were just easier to take that way. It was a trade-off, he realized. Still, that didn't help with situations like this. And it really made things frustrating sometimes when he tried to talk about these things with Qui-Gon.

When he first became Qui-Gon's padawan, he had marveled that his master never seemed the least bit ruffled or disturbed by his meditations. He always emerged from them a model of calm serenity, almost perfectly at peace. Obi-Wan always attributed it to his being the master and all; Master Qui-Gon was much stronger in the Force, had much better control of it, and had certainly been meditating a lot longer than Obi-Wan had. And when Obi-Wan would explain why he on occasion suddenly fell from his own meditations, sometimes alarmed, sometimes apprehensive, and sometimes just plain confused, his master would usually just tell him to calm down, concentrate on the Living Force and center himself again. With a sigh, he would do just that and he would be distracted from his fears with the efforts required to listen to the Living Force. For a long time he had hoped that maybe through practice he would be able to do as his master must be doing; he hoped to automatically re-center himself rather than finding himself tipped over on the floor, his heart pounding and his lungs going like bellows from adrenaline. After all, they often meditated together, and were thus subject to the same Force currents, so Qui-Gon had to be seeing what he saw and he never ended up on his back (or worse, on his face), gasping in shock when he was meditating. How did Qui-Gon do it? How did he keep his calm?

Although he was yet to come to any definite conclusions, Obi-Wan was beginning to suspect that he didn't, or rather, that Qui-Gon wasn't being disturbed in the first place. Obi-Wan still found the thought that he was sensing something in the Force that Qui-Gon was largely unaware of to be somewhat more unsettling than the images and impressions themselves, so he was not quite willing to quite make that hypothesis just yet. But the clues were starting to add up. Qui-Gon's confused and questioning look the first time Obi-Wan had ended up nose-to-the-floor while meditating. His unwillingness to share his own impressions. His urging to focus on the Living Force. His tendency to have "business" to attend to when this sort of thing happened a lot, and when he returned from said business, there was often the smell of Master Yoda's incense in his robes, a sure sign that he had been discussing something with the small green master in his small green chambers. Thus was a common occurrence when something was bothering Qui-Gon. Something he didn'

21. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    That's right Obi-Wan! You make sure that our dear little Axin is safe and sound when this is all over.

If anything happens to him I will...well I'll...feed you Sweet-n-Low until your memory goes kaput! Yeah, that'll teach you! :D

22. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    A very cool insight into the mind of the young Obi Wan. I loved the descriptions of his past visions!

Looking forward to more...soon I hope.

:) :) :) :)

23. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    (delurk mode)

Ahhh, but could the young someone possibly be Obi-Wan? Hmmm?

(whispers, nudging the other readers)

Wanna know how to tell?

I've got a secret.

Come closer.

(you lean in closer)

Here it is . . .

WE'LL KNOW WHEN ALLI-WAN WRITES!!!!

Hint hint?

24. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Great post! I wanna know now. Post soon. :) (I hope Axin's okay.)

25. Nerrie

Jul 7, 2000
    I love how you did Obi-Wan's POV on his abilities in the Unifying Force. At least we know Obi isn't being deliberately vague with his "I have a bad feeling about this..." even if Qui-Gon thinks he is. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.