main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Dress Code in the NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediProphet, Feb 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Is there a dress code for the NJO like there was in the prequels? I don't think Luke has an official dress code for the Jedi, they seem to have their individual tastes.

I really thought the Jedi uniforms the strike team wore in SBS was a great idea. It made them look proffesional, united, and ready to take out some Vong.

Do you guys think there should be an official dress code, and if so what should it be? Who do you guys think has the best fashion sense in NJO?

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Hmmmm...
    For the traditional look, go with Anakin or Jacen, who are almost always wearing Jedi robes.
    For flashy go with Ganner Rhysode and (ironically enough) Corran Horn, whose robes are actually COLORED (and matching their eyes to boot).
    For dark and depressing, go with Kyp or Luke any day :D (Jedi Masters love black robes, don't they?)

3. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    No formal code of dress like the old days. I'd guess most of Luke's Jedi do own a set of the old style robes, they just do their own thing. Those of Master rank all seem to wear robes, though not always of the same style. Luke seems to alternate between black and traditional, Corran traditional Corellian Jedi emerald-green, etc.

4. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Jedi dress seems to change with the times. The trademark outfit seen in the movies was the style in the last few decades of the Old Republic, while in the Tales of The Jedi and Ruusan eras, Jedi wore more outfits more reminiscent of battle gear. Among the new Jedi, it seems to vary - Luke stuck with his black I-am-Vader's-son getup for years, while Kyle Katarn seems to have gone for the scoundrel gunfighter look - how many shootouts and saber battles has that white shirt of his survived, anyways?

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Jedi use robes and simple cloathing to blend in with people. To make them almost unnoticeable. Not all Jedi in the prequel era wore robes like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Luminara in AotC for instance.

Same for NJO. Jedi wear whatever simple waredrobe they wish. Just as long as it goes by the Jedi code of very little personal possesions and is simple its then qualified as a Jedi outfit. Thats in almost any era. Its just a bit looser in TotJ.

6. King of all Jedi

King of all Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    I've always liked Luke's ROTJ look. I always envision Luke wearing this outfit whenever he's in a scene.

KoaJ

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Unless mentioned (Kyp wore sand-coloured robes in DJ), I envision a jumpsuit style look.

8. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    King you envision Luke wearing his ROTJ outfit in every scene? Would it still fit after all of these years and would it not be a little dirty and worn by now? [face_laugh]

Besides I always thought that outfit made him look like a priest. It's hard to get a sense of the characters fashion sense in SW because they were "serviceable" flight suits most often. I would like to see an artist's conception of Jaina in that red dress she wore in DJ.

9. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I would like to see an artist's conception of Jaina putting on the red dress she wore in DJ. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.