main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Jedi Fan - OC POV, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan - one post - humor, mush - MMM

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Jedi Fan
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: Before the Saga
    Genre: Mush, Humor
    Characters: OC, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Keywords Jedi, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, fan, Jedi
    Summary: On a slow day at work, a fan meets two Jedi. Written for Monday Mush Mania Challenge (MMM).
    And: typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

The Force is with us, everyone!!!

Sorry about the long message, but it's really, really worth it! :D

I'm still at work. It's been super slow all day, even with the crowds from the Green Festival, but since I got the VIP Salon today there's not too much for me to do except greet anyone who comes in, and I've got C-4ZT-Forn and C-4ZT-Grek for back-up service if I need them. I guess the Rich and Important aren't doing anything too bad to themselves that they need a lie down for. But it is a day festival which are always better than what people get up to at night.

So, I'm only a quarter of the way through my shift and we only have one old lady snoozing on a couch behind a privacy curtain. She even had her own droid with her, so the C-4ZTs were powered down. Anyway, that's when TWO JEDI walk in. REALLY!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I did NOT stare! I mean, we've gotten Vice Mayors and even Senators in here, and once Thoram Tru-Bing came in with his whole band (I wasn't here for that, just heard about it from Mir'Dok). So, I put my towel over my arm and bowed to them and offered them service.

Now the important part__what did they look like. ;)

First they were a Master and a Padawan, both Human, light tan skin, brown hair, kind of similar really to each other, except the Master was a lot bigger. Not Wookiee big, but above average for a Human. [face_alien_1]

The Master had long head hair, tied back, very nice, and really, really blue eyes. [face_love] Except small, like on a Human. And he had hair on his chin and under his nose, which stuck out a bit and it wasn't quite straight. His nose I mean, not the hair! The face hair was short, so you could still see his mouth, and it was a lot thinner than on his head. He was wearing a dark brown Jedi robe (exactly like Team-O-Jedi), dark pants and heavy boots, dark brown belt and all off-white tunic and shoulder and middle cloth strips.

The Padawan was pretty young and his skin was really smooth except for a few dark dots on his face and he had lighter blue eyes, almost gray. His head hair was short and thick (but still soft and pet-able [face_love] ) and he had a short Padawan's lock in back and a braid behind his right ear. It was really thin, with just a few red and blue bands on it. No feathers or crystals at all. It was really plain and small. And he wore almost exactly the same thing his master did, except his robe was a lighter shade of brown and he wore white pants like his tunics. And his clothes looked newer than his Master's. I wonder if he's still growing, so he has to get new clothes a lot? [face_thinking]

And I couldn't see their lightsabers! [face_frustrated] Their robes were covering them up, but I don't think they noticed me checking.

The Master said that his Apprentice (he said 'Apprentice' not 'Padawan') wasn't feeling well and asked if he could lie down. I looked at him again, and he did look unhappy, but I couldn't see anything wrong with his color. People talk about Human skin color changing with their moods, but I can never tell. They always look the same to me. ]-}

I offered to get a medical droid from the Aid Pavilion, but the Master said no, that his Padawan (he said 'Padawan' that time) was just suffering from 'over-indulgence' and needed to rest. Over-indulgence??? I guess maybe Chitrah wasn't so wrong with Wild Jedi Knights and

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What another unique view of our favorite Jedi!

But I still watched from the entryway as Qui-Gon Jinn shook out the covering and then put it over his Padawan.

Then he bent over and kissed Obi-Wan Kenobi on the forehead, just a light touch of his lips to the skin. Humans do that. Remember Grand Master Plookus in Jedi Horizon?

They're still back there, too. Qui-Gon Jinn is just sitting there looking at Obi-Wan Kenobi sleeping. Or maybe he's meditating. Not.

So, I guess Jedi aren't quite so heartless, eh?

Aww. [face_love]

3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I loved this so much I'm going to have it tattooed on my arm so I can read it whenever I want. :p

Realistic POV, especially with the smilies. :D And we all know Qui-Gon is a big softie---at least when it comes to one person. Beautiful mush. :)

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    That was an interesting POV. I haven't read a Fan's POV before. It
    was great.=D=

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] This is awesome!! Really funny :D I've read a bunch of your stuff, but I think this is probably my favorite :D

6. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Aw, you did it again, a great view of my favorite Jedis through the POV of an alien [face_love]

And this time the strangest alien around, a fan [face_laugh]

Loved the whole tone of the message, very familiar I must say (and what does that tell me? [face_worried] ) and all those holovids about Jedis was a hoot! As was Obi-Wan's reason for not feeling too well [face_laugh] And all those little things that made it clear this fan is not a human, I loved how you put them in like that, it's never sad, but it's still there.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Very funny. The smilies made it that much funnier - just like we would do if we met Jedi and then told everyone on the boards about it.

Good job.

8. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Aw, very nice. And I loved the names of the holo-dramas[face_laugh] Great story and as always, unique pov.

9. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    so delightfully lighthearted! loved the emoticons, too.

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    What a great take on the challenge! The read was very fun and light and I always love third POV on our favorite characters. The descriptions of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were perfect and I could just 'see' the whole thing. Great work! =D=

11. Timeparticle

Timeparticle Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2008
    [image=http://www.worth1000.com/entries/406500/406800HmOL_w.jpg]

Yoda can have fun, also.

12. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Valairy_Scot: Thank-you! A mushy moment can look new, but not too mushy, from an OC POV.

LuvEwan: Thanks! Once I set the format to be like a posting on a discussion board the smilies came naturally. And Qui-Gon couldn't stay annoyed with Obi-Wan for eating too much for too long. :)

Gkilkenny: Thanks! It seems reasonable that there would be Jedi fans in the GFFA, but the Jedi probably stay as far away as they can from them when they can.

NYCitygurl: Thank-you for reading, for reading the other fics, too. :)

Seremela: Yeah, those fans are terribly strange. :p My guess is that the Jedi just ignore all the pop-culture representation of Jedi. I think that Jedi-holos in the GFFA would be as unavoidable as cop shows here. Thanks for the reply!

dianethx: Thanks! The smilies just happened since the whole thing is written like an over-enthusiastic forum discussion post.

azizah: Thank-you! The holo-drama names were fun to come up with, but I'm glad I don't have to write them.

ratna: Thanks!

ginchy: Thank-you! The 'forum-post' format did make it easier to write, since I write forum posts all the time.

Timeparticle: Thanks for reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.