main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi/Force Power To Use

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi_NiTeMaRe, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_NiTeMaRe

Jedi_NiTeMaRe Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2003
    Now, it is well known that a Jedi is not restricted to use only one Jedi Power/Force Power (eg. Push, Pull, Lightning, Choke, and so on) but then why does it seem that most Jedi/Sith usually only use one. If you don?t see what I mean then look at this list,

Anakin/Vadar- Choke
    Sidious- Lightning
    Darth Maul- Push/Pull
    Obi-Wan-Pull (Kinda)
    Even Yoda-Push/Pull (We do know he can do more but that is all he has done)

So why not have in Episode 3, someone use more then just one power how about using some one time and some another, or two at the same time. How about Anakin using Choke and lift someone in the air and then use lighting while there hanging there? Or have someone use lighting to make there lightsaber look cool, I mean the possibilities are endless and I think we need to see on screen someone use more then one Jedi/Force power.

I know that people use differant powers in an entire movie but still most powers are labeled on a person, also Darth Vadar is the most feared man in the gallixy, I think he needs to prove it in the upcoming movie...

So what are some force powers that you would like to see someone use, maybe even force powers no one has though about before.

What do you think?

And hey I'm Mitch I am new to this board but a very very big fan of the movies.

2. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    we need yoda and palps show why they are head and shoulders above the rest of em, i dunno how to do it, but it must be done

3. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    I want to see Anakin turn off someone's lightsaber, perhaps Mace's, and then kill him. I'd also like to see Palpatine use some power that hasn't been used before, something as suprising as when he used lightning for the first time in ROTJ.

4. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    I would like to see, as I have read others do too, a short wizards' battle between Yoda and Palps to show why Yoda didn't just whip him up when he arose into power. I'm thinking having Palpatine using the Sith Lightning and Yoda trying to absorb(deflect) it and it....well...fries him. This would account to as why Yoda or OB1 didn't teach Luke this usefull technique. Also Yoda being zapped in a force microwave would explain why he looks so different inbetween trilogies. :p

And since the topic is asking what two abilities i would like to see it would be cool if with the hand which Yoda has free while the other is blocking the Lightning he oculd be reaching for his light saber, but when the Lightning gets to him the Light saber can explode(or dissolve whatever).

People who have read Dark Empire know what I'm talking about, Palpatine did this to Leia's saber.

P.S. as I was typing I realized that Yoda is right handed....hmm.

5. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    if mace dies becuz anakin shut off his lightsabre, that would take cheap to a new level in my mind. a major character prolly wont die in such a goofy way

6. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Yoda shows at leats three(5?) skills.

Seeing in the future, clair-audio, push/pull, Deflect lightning, absorb lightning.

DD - Love & Laughter

7. Jedi_NiTeMaRe

Jedi_NiTeMaRe Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2003
    Yoda and Anakin are my to biggest concerns on there force powers

8. Sith_Ninja

Sith_Ninja Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2003
    ok folks how bout this,,,,force fire i mean why not hey ...just comming up with ideas

9. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Maybe Yoda doesn't use his other powers to keep the force flowing and not use it all at once.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Darth Dane - you can add clairvoyance, or whatever you call mind reading.

I.e., TPM, analyzing Anakin - afraid for his mother.

Man, I'd love to see the Jedi fight like in Jedi Academy - flips, lunges, push/pull, absorb, Force Speed, Force Heal (I'd like to see Yoda or Anakin heal themselves).

It would be cool to see Anakin/Vader use Grip to suspend someone in the air and then chuck his lightsaber at them.

Also, in one of the SW: Republic comics, Anakin basically takes control of 2 of those Super Droids, turning them towards each other and then firing. That was cool, and a novel use of the Force.

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I want to see the chosen one blocks laser bolts using the Force. Like a natural force field controlled by his hands. Something like when vader blocks Han's shots but even cooler.

12. Mech-E_Jedi

Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Ok - so I admit to being a little "out or the loop" as far as Star Wars the RPG is concerned . . .

But everyone refers to this "Push/Pull" power -- isn't this a simplified reference to telekinesis?

13. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    i'm totally not sure about this, but i always asumed the 'lightning' was an 'evil' dark side of the force ability...i was actually suprised when dooku used it, thinking it was something special that only the emperor would know how to do...i don't picture anakin using it either, but if he did it would be cool if obi was like, "where did you learn to do that?!" and anakin could reply with some cocky answer like, "not from you master"

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Those might be their "combat" relevant powers, but they all use lots of other ones. For instance, Kenobi also uses persuasion ("move along, move along") and telepathy (talking to Luke all those times). I further agree that all this push/pull business can just be called telekinesis. Which Vader also uses quite a bit in the ESB duel.

My point, I guess, is why would one need to use more than one Force power at a time? Each little bit takes concentration, which during a fight means you're paying less attention to the actual combat. So small, uses that can directly affect/distract your opponent without much concentration from you are preferred. This would be telekinesis, in my mind--throwing stuff at them, clearing away obstacles that would corner you, etc. The alternative, if you want to risk it, is keeping them at long range and focusing all your power into an attack that's supposed to blow them away: Force lightning.

15. Mech-E_Jedi

Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    OK - so to answer the question, I will proffer my personal theory of the Force. As I interpret things, the Force is limitless, ergo, a Jedi who has transcended perceived limits could do anything he can conceive. This is how I interpret Yoda?s comments in ESB about ? . . . unlearn what you have learned.?

That would mean that a Jedi who is truly one with the Force could, say, survive a direct blast from the Death Star, for example. Or perhaps create a ?lightsabre? with nothing but his mind, or even ?grab? the blade of an opponent?s lightsabre and hold it in his hand. Let your imagination go and you can come up with some extraordinary examples.

However, and perhaps much to the benefit of the story, there is no Jedi who can do this. Anakin, as the chosen one, will be the closest to ever come to this level, according to GL?s Star Wars story. This is great because it makes the story more down to Earth and not off in Hyper-wacky-land.

Now to the point: I don?t expect anything that is too far from what we already have in the saga; probably a lot of use of telekinesis, a lot of jumps and flips etcetera; telepathy, clairvoyance, sure. Absorption and dissipation of energy, yes (Vader in ESB, Yoda in AOTC). Force Lightning ? yes. Force Fire ? no.

Anything unique will be a combination of these powers of which Anakin will be the prime candidate. Imagine how powerful Anakin would look if he were to harness his anger during a lightsabre duel, blades flying, he raises his hand and blasts his opponent with a Force Push (ala Darth Maul) which is accented with a Force Lightning blast followed by the fatal blow of his lightsabre as it flies through the air to find its target seconds after.

Sorry that was so long . . .

16. Cantina_Mop_Boy

Cantina_Mop_Boy Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2003
    There are plenty of powers used by Vader. He does push/pull on Luke in ESB. Dooku does Push/Pull & Lightning in AoTC. I don't think the premise is right here. Obiwan & QuiGon do Force Jumps & Force Speed, too.

17. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Nobody really mentions this, but isn't levatation a force power? Yoda uses it to lift up the xwing and anakin plays with that round ball when talking to Padme in her room and the pear at the dinner.

I guess using that power someone could actually fly, although I don't really want to see someone flying around like superman. Maybe Anakin could do it to raise out of a lava pit, or Palps could bring Annie out of the pit by doing such.

18. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I still wanna see the Force Shield thingie. something like the Green lantern's powers.

19. DarthDooku

DarthDooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2000
    I vote for the use of force speed for a short period of time during the lightsaber duel between Ani and Obi Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.