main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Ghost/Luke is there a connection?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Drac39, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I was thinking when Ben died,he smiled,when he saw Luke. I am somehow thinking,all the Jedi that turned into Ghosts,Luke was with them when they died. Maybe the reason why you cant see the PT jedi as ghosts is because they couldnt go on with the force,cause Luke wasnt it there,Or am I full of it?

If this has somehow been discussed then sorry

2. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    This has been discussed before.

I am of the school of thought that Jedi ghosts are some how connected to the Skywalkers. Perhaps the unusualy high midi-cholorian count creates a strong enough force for them to be able to draw off of and manifest a solid looking form.

When you think about it we only see ghosts around Skywalkers:

ANH- Ben speaks to Luke twice.

ESB- Ben appears to Luke on Hoth. He also speaks and appears to Luke on Dagobah.

ROTJ- Ben Appears on Dagobah to Luke again. Also Ben, Yoda and Anakin appear to Luke.

AOTC- Qui Gon trys to speak to Anakin.

Now in a few of these instances Yoda also hears and sees, but in each case a Skywalker is involved.

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The thing is I`m completely ignoring the Qui-Gon voice,I`m only talking about Luke not the Skywalkers

4. JediBrain

JediBrain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2004
    Where is that Qui-gon voice in AOTC? I can't believe I missed it after having seen the film so many times.

Brian

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    When Anakin offs the Tuskens; Yoda hears Qui-Gon. Presumably Anakin did as well, but ignored the voice.

6. NateDawgNT

NateDawgNT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    i still dont think Anakin ignored it. I think he didn't hear it b/c he was too consumed with dark side and rage... i don't think dark force people could hear the voices, and even if they could, Anakin was kinda schizo and was in a trancelike state

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.