main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Ghost Theory

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthDarkSide, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDarkSide

DarthDarkSide Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2003
    Any Jedi who had physical contact with Luke Skywalker has appeared in Jedi Ghost form. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

The Son of the Chosen one has its advantages.

2. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    i dont necessarily think that only people who come in contact with Luke can be ghosts.. the reason why we've only seen people who came in contact with him show themselves as ghosts is because it wouldnt make sense for Qui-Gon to show up in the OT and start talking to Luke because Luke never met Qui-Gon.. as for why we dont see jedi ghosts in the PT im not sure.. perhaps jedi ghosts only appear when its absolutely necessary? Qui-Gon however did seem to be contacting Yoda in AotC while he was meditating and hears Qui-Gon scream "Anakin! No!"

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'd tend to say ghosts appear whenever an action relevant to the fulfillment of the prophesy is going on. It just happened that most of those events were during Luke's life. Obi-Wan appeared to ensure that Luke was trained, and again to try to stop him from getting himself killed prematurely against Vader. Finally, he was there to encourage Luke to go to Vader and Palpy so destiny could play out.

Qui-Gon has played a similar role in Anakin's life so far - he tried to stop Anakin from using the dark side, which ties into MBJ's theory that Anakin was supposed to defeat Palpy without ever falling to the dark side.

As far as the RotJ celebration, well, I think the ghosts were just there for cinematographic purposes. ;)

I'm starting to wonder if there's any personal component to a Jedi's ability to become a ghost at all. Qui-Gon didn't have time to prepare anything before he died. Maybe, whenever something happens requiring a ghost to show up, any Jedi can be called in? Qui-Gon happened to be the Jedi Anakin respected most and Obi-Wan happened to be the one Luke was most likely to listen to.

4. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Hey yeah you're right. Never noticed that. Except for Palpatine. I geuss it's how you define contact.

5. DarthDarkSide

Jul 19, 2003
    Additional thought.......

Anyone who died while in Lukes sight also appears in Jedi Ghost form :)

6. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    wrong again...

Ponda Baba? Various Stormtroopers on the Death Star?

7. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    Any Jedi who touches R2D2 comes back as a ghost.

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    posted by DarthDarkSide:

Any Jedi who had physical contact with Luke Skywalker has appeared in Jedi Ghost form. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

The Son of the Chosen one has its advantages.

Posted by Lightsaber:

wrong again...

Ponda Baba? Various Stormtroopers on the Death Star

Ponda Baba was a Jedi? Or was he a clone of his sister's roomates cousin who happened to be a Jedi?

9. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Spaceballs is awesome.

10. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Palpy was in Luke's sight when he died, from a certain point of view. He was all over the throne room and reactor shaft. ;)

11. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Ponda Baba was a Jedi?

We may never know, but I was responding to the thread above my original...

12. DarthAblaze

DarthAblaze Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    Ponda Baba ain't no Jedi. Were he one then he wouldn't of had his arm chopped off. Nor would he have spoken like that towards Luke.

A Sith? Nah. He still wouldn't of had his arm chopped off.

Ghost thing? Just have to wait and see, I guess.

13. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Palpy was in Luke's sight when he died, from a certain point of view. He was all over the throne room and reactor shaft."

And like the OS says, his eyes were blue. One "blue" this way, and the other "blue" that way. :D

BTW, at what point did Luke "touch" Anakin? ?[face_plain]

(At least as far as the film is concerned. Perhaps he gave daddy a final kiss good-bye before making his famous Sith flambe'? ;) )

Of course, this theory ignores the fact that Qui-gon's voice was heard in AOTC by Anakin, who is the Chosen One, and Yoda, who is the Chartreuse One. Se la vie. :)

14. DarthDarkSide

Jul 19, 2003
    Actually, I thought Luke touched Anakin while carrying a redeemed Vader back to his ship while the Death Star was crumbling. He also pulled off Anakins breathing apparatus(sp).

15. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    I was under the impression that this theory required physical "skin-on-skin" contact. Was contact with the suit sufficient? ?[face_plain]

16. DarthDarkSide

Jul 19, 2003
    Point well taken. This theory probably has nothing to do with what is to be revealed in EPIII. I guess it was more of an observation than theory. :)

17. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Ah, don't worry about it. This type of thread comes up once a week. ;)

If you want to see a really outrageous thread on Force ghosts, go here. It links to the Spoiler forum, but there aren't any spoilers in this thread.

(This dude really doesn't know what he's talking about, but it's fun to laugh at him - right Mara? :D )

18. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Something like that. ;)

I like Force ghost threads anyway, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.