main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Jedi Girl

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediPaine, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPaine

JediPaine Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    Um... am new here and just thought this would be a good place to start ^^ This is one of many Pictures of my fav little Jedi girl from a Role Playing group that I'm in ^^ enjoy... critisicsm welcome :)

Fran xxx

[image=http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9786/tanresizeup8.jpg]

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello JediPaine, and welcome to the forum! You might reasonably expect some critique here, but we rarely criticize! :D

Love your "Jedi Girl!" (She rather appears to me, though, to be more of a "Jedi Woman!" ;) ) Nice figure drawing (it's so wonderful to see Jedi women with some muscles!), great costuming (love the gauntlets--very Quinlan Vos!) and wonderful job with the lightsaber--her tattoo is intriguing as well--did you design that yourself? I really like this, and will be looking forward to seeing what else you have to share with us! Again--great job, and welcome!

FF

3. JediPaine

JediPaine Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    Oh dear... I cant spell... ._. never mind ^^

Yea... she is quite well proportioned ^^ as It's my character, I didnt want her to be all skinny, cause I'm not either :) She's more or less based on me in everyway. The Tattoo was based on the ones that Anakin gets in the Clone Wars Cartoon Series. Is part of her story in the role playing group I'm in. The costume design is based on the costume I'm designing for myself for cosplay at the moment ^^ Bit different from the traditional Jedi stuff ;)

Glad you like it :D Thanks for the comments :D

4. corelliascross

corelliascross Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    Looks good to me! The character and costume design seem full of original concepts. She's clearly not just a run-of-the-mill Jedi, and it makes me want to read a full bio on her. Your mark-making's also nice-- I especially like the hints of cross-hatching for value. I'm curious, what was your process for drawing and coloring the image?

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi JediPaine and welcome :D
    I was nosey and saw you post in the South FF (UK) board too (I'm from the London FF and also dabble in fanart) ;)

Excellent illustration. I can see a clear Eastern influence in your work and I'm also curious as to your work processes/mediums too. Look forward to seeing more work :)

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Great pic JediPaine :D :cool:
    I adore the scene in the Clone Wars when Anakin gets his tattoo, that scene in Clone Wars reminds me of another film I love where the wall paintings come alive - Ice Age :D

7. JediPaine

JediPaine Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    Wow, thanks so much :)

Yea, there is very clear eastern influence I'm afraid... I started manga drawing when I was about 11/12 years old and just never seemed to be able to get rid of the after affects ^^* Ah well, never mind. I use Photoshop 7 for my picture editing. Well, that is, I start with a pencil sketch and scan it in and THEN use Photoshop 7 ^^ It's been a long process getting to grips with all the buttons and stuff though ._. but hey, thats part of the fun ^^ If I get round to it, I may well upload some of my other pictures. Thanks again for the comments :)

Fran x

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job with your drawing. I like the pose, costume and coloring. Great work!

I also have Photoshop 7. I can't figure out that program for the life of me, but I am not very computer savy in the first place. You seem to have a handle on it.

Welcome to the FanArt Forum!!

AG88

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Most of the time I find it very easy to spot when something's been coloured digitally (i.e Photoshop, Painter etc) but this was harder to tell, which is a good thing and you got some really nice delicate tonal work there which is great.

And don't feel bad about the Eastern influence, not at all. I love seeing good quality line work in drawings/illustrations and the manga/anime style is the best influence to have for that :D

Are you pursuing any kind of career in the art & design world or is this just a hobby?

10. JediPaine

JediPaine Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    Believe it or not I'm studying to be a doctor ._. I would have done Art if my parents hadnt talked me out of it... I got the whole "You won't be able to earn money doing that" speech... I do kinda regret it... so, for now, it just remains a hobby. But a fun one :D

11. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    I got that a bit about wanting to be a theatrical costume designer. I'm so confused about what to do now.

And your artwork is so lovely! I dont seem to have either the talant or the patience to do things like that. :)

I love the costume too, its got some lovely shapes in it.

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    A doctor!?!?! I didn't see that one coming but sounds really good :)
    And in some ways it was the wiser choice (gosh, I sound like a parent now :p ). Thus far I've devoted my life and studies to form a career in the art world and it is really difficult and an unstable enviroment. There's loads of jobs out there but getting paid ones, and getting them consistently, is another thing altogether. If you get lucky it's a real good earner, but only a very small percantage of people make a good living out of it and even then everyone has a shelf-life.

And in many ways keeping it as a hobby is much more fun and enjoyable ;)

Please do post more work if and when you can :D

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, JediPaine! :D

That's a really neat drawing. Excellent job on the proportions and the anatomy of the figure! I particularly like the costume design and the use of color. The costume especially is different from the average Jedi. I think that really helps to bring some orgininality to the piece and make it your own character. Very nice job indeed!

14. JediPaine

JediPaine Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    Um... okay, so I've found some more stuff ^^ Thought I'd share it. Dont like this ones as much as the first one, but it's still okay :)

[image=http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8105/tancutecopyec8.jpg]

*PS* I removed the second one, cause I dnt wanna get into trouble... ._.

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I like these both, JediPaine--they provide a nice expansion on the first illustration for your RP character. Excellent shading and figure work on both of these--great poses--I'll extend a bit of advice to be cautious when using sheer or tight clothing for a figure in a drawing/painting (ie., graphic display of "anatomy")--our forum is PG, and the second piece might tread that line... If you're ever uncertain about a piece, you can always run it by our wonderful moderator HanSolo29 first via PM (Private Message)--that way there's never a question about posting! Nice work, in any case!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.