main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I think that's so sweet and cute. His first memory is of jumping on the bed.

Okay, everyone who's -ever- jumped on a bed, please raise your hands. :raises hand:

2. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    <enthusiastically waives arm (and hand) high in the air>

Loved the story!

(Holloween is the reason for the new colors... I wonder what we will have for thanksgiving and christmas.... maybe yoda with a santa hat...)

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I'm glad Obi's getting his memory back, but it was sad how he halucinated Rixi. When he's better will they go back???

4. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Looking forward to the next part with glee, Jane!

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    With a sigh, Qui-Gon lay down on his bed and closed his eyes. It had not been a particularly strenuous day, but the weeks of worry and especially the last days of always being on his guard around Obi-Wan were starting to take their toll on him. He felt certain that he could sleep deeply to-night for the first time since his apprentice had disappeared. Obi-Wan was here, he was safe, and above all, there was no longer any danger of him trying to run away in the night. Through their bond, Qui-Gon had noticed the change in Obi-Wan; the gradual ebbing away of fear and wariness, the increasing acceptance of his situation, a certain amount of excitement about the returning memories, and a distinct yearning for more.

His apprentice was making excellent progress. The side-effects of the drug had worn off in the late afternoon, and he?d allowed Qui-Gon to convince him to go to the cafeteria for supper, instead of sneaking out of his room for bread and jam when he thought Qui-Gon wasn?t looking. The meal had passed without incident, and it was only afterwards that they?d run into Garen Muln, another one of Obi-Wan?s friends. Obi-Wan had suddenly reached out and shoved the young man to the floor, then accused him of hiding his stuffed Wookiee. He?d even stuck his thumb in his mouth as he stood there waiting for the return of the prized toy. While Garen had struggled to control a fit of the giggles, Qui-Gon had stepped in and quickly invited Obi-Wan to come and have an ice cream with him "while Garen is finding your Wookiee.? Obi-Wan had come back to the present time halfway through his second ice, and then Qui-Gon had suggested a walk in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. They?d often gone there to meditate together in the past, and Obi-Wan had frequently met with friends by one of the larger waterfalls. Approaching it that evening, Obi-Wan had nodded excitedly, and it was obvious that he remembered the place. He hadn?t said much to Qui-Gon, as he was still keeping him somewhat at a distance, but the feelings had come unfiltered through the bond and Qui-Gon had been very pleased.

He was tired now, ready to sleep, but just as he was dozing off, the door slid open and his apprentice came in. Propping himself up on one elbow, Qui-Gon asked,?Obi-Wan??

The boy laid a hand on his forehead, looking concerned, and seemed to be listening to something. Then, quite abruptly, he turned and went out. Getting up, Qui-Gon followed him, surprised to see him seated at the comm unit talking to a Healer apprentice.

"My master is really sick,?he was saying urgently.?He?s burning with fever and he sort of rattles when he breathes.?

I do what? Qui-Gon wondered, automatically checking his own temperature. He felt perfectly normal.

"What?s his name? Where are you located??the young girl asked.

"Master Qui-Gon Jinn,?Obi-Wan said, then gave the address of their apartment.?Please hurry! We?ve just got back from a mission, and he?s already been sick for a few days, but it?s suddenly got worse!?

With a deep intake of breath, Qui-Gon realised that Obi-Wan was referring to the time they?d gone to an Outer Rim planet and he?d come back with a fully developed case of Rodian flu. He vaguely remembered staggering from the ship to their apartment, and then he?d woken up in the infirmary three days later with no idea how he?d got there. Now he knew--but that had been years ago! Obi-Wan was obviously reliving those days of worry and uncertainty.

Leaning into the picture, he said,?It?s all right, I?m not sick. My Padawan is hallucinating.?

"Master!?Obi-Wan cried.?You shouldn?t be up! You?re sick! Sit down before you collapse!?

He sat up and practically pushed Qui-Gon into the seat, hovering anxiously at his side.

"I?m fine. Really, I?m fine. Don?t send anybody over,?Qui-Gon told the girl. She looked uncertainly from him to Obi-Wan, obviously debating which one she should believe.

"No, you?re hallucinating, master,?Obi-Wan protested, then turned his attention to the girl.?Please! You can see he?s deliriou

6. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Nice post. :)

Obi almost said the "L" word didn't he?

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    "Well, if the Rodian flu doesn?t kill you, Number Six definitely will.? LOL!!!

Wonderful post Jane!! Obi's getting closer and closer. I really liked how you showed him being slightly upset that he only had one memory of Qui-Gon. I can't wait to see what memories hit him next.

8. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    How confusing for Obi, his returning memories are a far cry from what he is feeling now! His loving care of Qui-Gon when he believed him to be gravely ill was touching, and An-Paj was as usual good for some comic relief, you just got to love that guy!

He is certainly giving Garen amunition for future teasing, the kid even sucked his thumb.... going to be hard to live that one down LOL!

I can't wait to see what memories surface next, Obi has lived through many very hard times and those memories could be very painful. It's not like the beginning of his apprentiship was full of warm fuzzies, first a lot of rejection and then not a very open relationship. Then you have the deaths of Cerasi and Bruck, those have got to be memories he would rather forget!

Look forward to more....

9. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    Yes, I agree with Kelly. There are a lot of things I'm sure he'd rather forget!

But at least he remembers Qui-Gon now, that's a good step, right?

Great post, Jane!

aa :D

10. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Wonderful post as always. I couldn't help but smiling through this one. I'm just waiting for Obi-Wan to come running in some night shouting something about fires or asteriods, or some darn thing. :)

11. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    No only will Obi-wan be feeling guilty about how he has treated the Jedi, he now will have to contend with severe embarrassment! :) I thought I'd fall on the floor when I read the part about Obi-wan sucking his thumb! Jane, I salute you! You are really finding every single way to commit Obi-torture! :-D

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I thought that the post before was sweet and here you go (again) surpassing it with even more mush.

We may have to rename you Master of Mush Jane.

13. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Loved the scene with Garen!!! Obi wanting his stuffed Wookie back was hilarious!!!

Poor confused Obi, it must be hard for him to have so many confliting emotions. :(

Great post, now how about some more?!?!

14. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Poor Obi, he's just so confused. At least he's not trying to run away anymore. Loved the wookie memory!

15. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    I just realized what An-Paj meant about Number Six killing Qui-Gon 12 hours after I first read the post. :) My, An-Paj is rather open about things.

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Knocking on Obi-Wan?s door the next morning, Qui-Gon heard the usual lack of response, so he pressed the switch to open the door.?Obi-Wan??

The room was empty. Automatically checking it again, and then heading for the kitchen, which was also empty, Qui-Gon felt himself beginning to get angry, both at Obi-Wan and at himself. His apprentice had betrayed him--again. He?d waited until the first opportune moment and then run off! If only Qui-Gon had not been so quick to replace his trust in him. If only he?d slept on the sofa in front of the door again last night. If only--

A hasty communication with the Jedi on duty at the hanger deck relieved some of his anxiety. No ships had taken off in the night at all, either with or without permission, and Obi-Wan had not been seen in the area. At least he hadn?t tried to escape the planet, Qui-Gon thought to himself. Yet. But where was he? Shutting his eyes briefly, Qui-Gon reached out with the Force, letting it guide his footsteps as he walked out of their apartment and down the corridor. His apprentice was still in the Temple--that was good. He had not yet remembered how to shield his thoughts--that was even better. And he was radiating satisfaction of a kind that bordered on actual glee.

Qui-Gon arrived in the cafeteria only minutes later, but no matter how many times he glanced around, he was unable to spot his Padawan. It should have been easy enough to pick him out even if he had been wearing Jedi clothing instead of that purple pullover that he seemed so attached to, but although there were only a few people scattered around the tables, none of them was Obi-Wan.

"Master Jinn!?called out a female voice.?He?s over here!?

It was An-Hwaet. Qui-Gon had forgotten that she worked in the cafeteria, as she usually stayed in the back, coming out only occasionally to add something to the buffet and take the empty serving dishes away. Now she was motioning him over to the freezer section.

"I just called your apartment, but there was no answer,?she said.?Thank the Force I heard you coming, otherwise I would have notified the Healers.?

What she meant was, she?d heard Qui-Gon?s frantic thoughts. The natives of the planet Ossa were telepathic, an ability that helped make An-Paj an excellent healer, as he could ?feel? where his patients were hurt or sick and listen to what they were not saying. It was slightly unnerving, however, in normal conversation.

"Is he all right??Qui-Gon asked, even more worried now.

An-Hwaet grinned.?Oh, he?s not suffering, if that?s what you mean, but see for yourself.?

Obi-Wan was sitting on the floor, half hidden at the side of the freezer, happily finishing up an ice cream on a stick. Around him were three--no, four--empty wrappers, and he grinned happily up at Qui-Gon, a blue smear all around his mouth.

"I like ice!?he declared.

Qui-Gon felt his anger fade abruptly to something close to pity.

"I just came out and saw him sitting here with a whole handful of those things, and thought I?d better get in touch with you. His thoughts are so different. So...childlike, somehow. I thought something must be wrong.?

"It?s the amnesia treatment,?Qui-Gon explained as he extended one hand.?Come on, Obi-Wan, get up.?

He hauled his Padawan to his feet, then looked around for something to wipe his face with. Anticipating the need, An-Hwaet handed him a paper napkin, and he cleaned the ice cream off with a few well-placed swipes.

"It makes him relive some of his memories as though they were happening all over again,?Qui-Gon continued as he worked. He?d just finished when Obi-Wan suddenly stepped backwards, his expression changing to a glare of disgust.

"What are you doing??Obi-Wan demanded.

"You had ice cream all over your mouth,?Qui-Gon explained.

"And all down that beautiful pullover,?An-Hwaet added.?That?s going to have to be washed.?

"No...?Obi-Wan looked down at the blue, pink, and brown smears. Qui-Gon wondered if the sound of dismay was because of the mess, or because he would now have to

17. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Love it Jane! I love how he's remembering everything that had happened to him as a child and nothing too recent. Although I suspect the memory of him running around in his boxers (*sigh*bliss*) will hit him like a runaway train!

He's getting so close to remembering being Obi-Wan, then suddenly something jerks him back to being Ben. Anixously awaiting the next post!

18. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Well said Mouse. Obi seems almost there and then Wham something is said or done and he seems to revert right back, but he is getting very close!

At lease the sever illness and pain side effect has passed, I am not sure how much more throwing up the boy could withstand!

Look forward to more!

19. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Just gotta quickly tell you thanks again for a wonderful post, Jane! (Dad seems to think that being sick and computers don't go together.) The ice cream was so cute! I wounder how many more memories of stuff Qui-gon never knew will pop up?

20. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    >>The words were obviously meant as a compliment, but Ben felt them like a slap in the face.

"Keep it,?he snapped. <<

Tsk tsk. One step forward, half a step back. Poor Obi, he really is having a tough time of it, trying to fit who he thinks he is with the reality of who he was. I like his hallucinatory Rixi. She seems to have been cooked up by his subconscious to give him an anchor, something steady to hold onto because he can't quite depend on Qui-gon yet.

Speaking of Qui-gon...Whap!!!... where is Yoda and his stick when needed? He awakens to find Obi gone and his first thought is that he has been betrayed again, not "Oh no! Obi is having another flashback! I need to find him before he gets hurt!" Someone is in need of therapy here and his initials are not OWK. :) Another great post!

21. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Great post, Jane :) Yes, i agree with whomever it was that said he created Rixi as his safety net. She is all he has left of being "Ben", which he wants to hold onto so badly...

And yes, the ice cream was adorable! "I like ice."

aa :D

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ~~"You just had four ice creams,?Qui-Gon reminded him.

"That was years ago!?~~

Great line Jane.

Now why would Qui-Gon go thinking Obi-Wan betrayed him--again...he knows perfectly well what's going on and even if he did take off it still seems rather harsh of him.

23. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Wonderful post as usual!

24. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    You had me fooled in the begining of that post!
    Everything was excelent in it.
    "I like ice." "You'll always be Ben to me." & the dirty pullover.

I'm wondering if Obi-Wan's little "Keep it." Statement is part of remembering another time he left his saber with Qui-Gon???

25. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Come on JANE! I want to know what happens at the *END* of the story....*grrrr, sithly problem with having read all this, is having to wait until the end**

Please can we have another post????

Kithera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.