main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "Hello,?said An-Paj.?Oh, it?s Obi-Wan. I didn?t recognise you without that purple pullover.?

Obi-Wan scowled.

"You really shouldn?t pick at this, you know,?An-Paj said, taking up the scissors and cutting through what was left of the tape that now barely held the IV in place in Obi-Wan?s arm.

"It really itches,?Obi-Wan answered defensively.?Not all the time, not right now, just when that drug is affecting me.?

"I can well imagine,?An-Paj replied, sliding the needle out.?Were you able to keep anything down yesterday or to-day??

"Yes, I ate supper, and breakfast,?Obi-Wan reported.

"And four ice creams this morning,?Qui-Gon added.

"Four ice creams? Then we definitely don?t need a new one. The vomiting seems to last about six to eight hours, and if you?re able to eat and drink normally after that, you?re in no danger of dehydrating.?

"Good.?Obi-Wan snatched his arm away.

"Still, better to be safe than dying,?An-Paj smiled.

"How are the memories coming along??asked Dr. Ra-sek-mun.

"They?re coming,?Obi-Wan replied shortly, not looking at the Get-tro-wen.

Qui-Gon reported,?He?s relived several memories, and had a few hallucinations. It all seems to be coming back at random, as you predicted.?

"Ah. Then he?s right on the mark. Ready for the next injection, Obi-Wan??

Still staring in the opposite direction, Obi-Wan extended his arm, and the doctor pressed the cylinder against it.

"Obi-Wan, you are being discourteous when you do not look at him,?Qui-Gon admonished him gently.?The Jedi revere life in all its forms.?

Obi-Wan raised his eyes to Dr. Ra-sek-mun and said, quite provocatively,?I wish everybody in the galaxy felt that way.?

"So do I,?replied Dr. Ra-sek-mun, regarding him steadily in return.

"We are not responsible for the actions of others,?said Qui-Gon.?We are only responsible for our own. Dr. Ra-sek-mun is not your enemy. He did not torture you. You have no cause to treat him as though he did.?

"I know,?Obi-Wan answered reluctantly, glancing away at last.?But--?

"But??

"He still looks like a Getter!?He hung his head.?I?m sorry. Sometimes I remember what it?s like to be a Jedi, and--and revere life in all its forms, but most of the time, I don?t, and even when I do, it all seems so far away and long ago, and the memories about the Getters are so new, and--?

An-Paj laid a friendly hand on the boy?s shoulder.?It?s very confusing, isn?t it??

Obi-Wan nodded.

"You still need time to remember everything, and you?ll probably need even more time to come to terms with what?s happened. It?s all right, Obi-Wan. Don?t worry about us. We understand. Now, why don?t you go wander around the Temple a little bit and see what else you can remember. Take your time and let it come to you.?

Obi-Wan looked towards the door, and An-Paj smiled.?Go on, then.?

Obviously relieved, Obi-Wan jumped down from the table and went out, and Qui-Gon scrambled to catch up with him. He?d already gone around the first corner, and when Qui-Gon followed, Obi-Wan suddenly jumped out at him and yelled?Boo!?

It was so unexpected that Qui-Gon couldn?t help being startled, and Obi-Wan saw it. His eyes lit up and he asked,?Did I scare you? Did I??

"Yes, Obi-Wan,?Qui-Gon had to admit truthfully.?You scared me.?

"I scared one of the masters,?Obi-Wan began to chant, dancing triumphantly around in the hall.?I scared one of the masters!?

One of the masters? Qui-Gon thought. Then he realised that Obi-Wan was probably reliving a time when he?d never even heard of Qui-Gon, let alone met him, and was simply enjoying the fact that he?d managed to startle one of the usually unflappable masters. Recognising that Obi-Wan must have been quite a terror in his childhood, he found himself smiling.

Obi-Wan stopped leaping about and looked up at him.?Are you laughing at me??

"No, Obi-Wan, I was just wishing I?d known you when you were younger. It might have convinced me to take you as my Padawan earlier than I did.?

"You didn?t know me when I was young? When did we me

2. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Oh, Obi-wan now you know what you have been missing. That was a very sweet post, Jane. *WE* all knew that Obi-wan had to of been a little terror when he was a kid, but of course Qui-gon didn't. (sigh of contentment) Jane, it's all superb!

3. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Jane it has been absolutley wonderful to wake up to this story every morning. I am glad the Obi is finaaly begining to realize what Qui means to him and what his life used to be like. I hope he begins to recover more memories faster now, and I'd really like to see what he remembers about runnung around in his underwear!

This is terrific...keep it up!

4. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    what can I say? *sigh* wonderful. :D I totally agree with the other responses, so I have nothing more to say but, thank you, and MORE PLEASE!!!

5. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

I must ditto every sigh *SIGH* SIGH *SIGH* That was amazingly sweet. I could just imagine a lil Obi-Wan running around scaring the Masters! He's SOOOO close, but I have a feeling that something...not so good is gonna happen before they are the happy home once again.

aa :D

6. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I have to agree with Anakin's Angel. Things have started going smoother for Obi that something's bound to be around the corner to knock him back a few steps. After all the Queen of Obi torture is writing this!

But that was a sweet, awwwww kind of post. It's nice to see both Qui and Obi get even a few hours respite.

More please Jane!

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That's right Jane, lull us into a state of utter contentment with these sweet and endearing memories Obi's beginning to have.

I just know you're going to pull that comforting rug from under us at any time. You wouldn't be the Master of Obi-torture otherwise.

8. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Closer, closer . . . nope, not quite there yet! Which is fine, since we would all like more story :)

9. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Waiting for more. More, more. If you hadn't noticed, I love this story.

10. jedi_dawn2dusk

jedi_dawn2dusk Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2000
    absolutely, amazing, wonderful,...(runs out of adjetives)...great. Please post more soon.

11. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Waiting excitedly for the next post!

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    When the side effects of the drug had worn off, and they had eaten supper, Obi-Wan had asked to go down to the training rooms. Pleasantly surprised that Obi-Wan had actually requested something, instead of reluctantly going along with Qui-Gon?s suggestions, Qui-Gon had agreed, and they had walked down to the observation level again.

"I remember some of that,?said Obi-Wan, leaning over the wall and watching a Master and an older Padawan sparring together.?Sometimes, when I fought, I used to imagine I was battling a Togorian pirate, or worse. And winning, of course.?

Pausing, Obi-Wan gave him a quick sideways look, then added,?I remember even imagining that I was winning against you.?

"Am I worse than a Togorian space pirate??Qui-Gon asked, amused.

"It was just a daydream,?Obi-Wan shrugged. He turned away, obviously a little embarrassed, and crossed the walkway to look down on another room. This was the largest one, where the initiates and Padawan learned or perfected tumbling skills. There was a multitude of thick mats covering the floor, and thicker ones piled in strategic places or leaning against the side walls. Bricks jutted out of the far wall to provide hand- and footholds for climbing, and there were also small ledges set there, seemingly at random, the lowest one about four meters above the floor, the highest a good twelve. Obi-Wan had always loved practising flips here, and Force-assisted jumps, and anything else that made him feel like he was flying.

"Master, may I show you something??Obi-Wan asked suddenly.

Alerted to the shift in memories by the difference of the emotions that came through their bond, Qui-Gon turned to ask what, but Obi-Wan had already hopped up to the top of the wall and jumped down into the room before he could speak. Two of the girls who were working out directly below had to move aside to make room for him, and Qui-Gon heard one of them say,?It?s raining men!?

"It?s Obi-Wan,?said the other in surprise, and Qui-Gon realised for the first time that it was Obi-Wan?s Mon Calimari friend Bant.

Obi-Wan ignored her, or perhaps he didn?t hear. Instead, he glanced up to Qui-Gon, his eyes shining with anticipation.?I?ve been practising in secret! Watch!?

He took a little run across the mats, then jumped, and it was only in that instant that Qui-Gon realised he was headed for the highest ledge, the one just under the ceiling. His heart seemed to stop for a moment as Obi-Wan shot up, and then it thudded twice as hard in his chest when Obi-Wan landed as lightly as any master and turned around to grin at him.?Surprise! I did it!?

"Congratulations, Padawan!?Qui-Gon called out, just as he had done when Obi-Wan had first shown him his newly-acquired skill. How old had he been then? Fourteen? Fifteen? It took a lot of practise to reach even the lowest ledge; it involved judging the correct trajectory and being able to levitate oneself at high speed, skills that usually needed years to perfect. He felt again the fierce pride he?d felt in his apprentice?s abilities, and added, just as he had then,?Can you come down again??

Obi-Wan placed his toes on the edge of the ledge, still grinning, but then his grin faded abruptly and a wave of sheer terror came through the bond like an electrical pulse.

"Obi-Wan, don?t panic,?Qui-Gon called up. He frowned. There wasn?t enough room for him to land on the ledge as well with Obi-Wan standing right in the middle of it, and the next ledge over was also too far for his apprentice to reach without the Force.

Obi-Wan froze, looking down to the floor some twelve meters below. Willing him not to make any sudden moves, Qui-Gon leaped over the wall as well, landing next to Bant and the other girls, who had all stopped tumbling and were staring up at Obi-Wan in astonished consternation. They watched wordlessly as Qui-Gon leaped up to the next highest ledge, only a meter lower than Obi-Wan?s, but on the other side of the wall.

"Obi-Wan??

Ben heard the voice, but didn?t dare follow the sound to its source. H

13. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Yeah! WOOHOO!!! Obi-wan finally trusts Qui-gon and that is the key he needs! That was an absolutely thrilling and wonderful post, Jane! And I loved the "raining men" quip! ;-D

14. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Oh, that was wonderful! I can't wait for tomorow when you post again, it's good to see that Obi is finally really remembering!
    ;~)

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm laughing like crazy with tears of joy in my eyes. He remembers...he remembers!!!

That was a spectacular post Jane.

The way Ben lost his confidence and was overcome with fear. Qui-Gon's calm, patient instructions, superb! I loved how Obi-Wan thought about wanting to uncurl and spread his arms wide.

And, ~?Master, I can?t breathe!?~, too perfect!

16. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Yay he is back (sort of)! I can't wait for more Jane!

17. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I was acting just like Healer_Leona, jumping all around crying "He's back! He's got his memories back!" Needless to say, my family (and probably neightbors) like I'm insane. Oh well!

A great couple of posts, jan. I'm so happy to see that the old Obi seems to be making his way back. I wonder wht's going to happen to Rixi when she finds out...or for that matter, what *is* happening over there right now...

Can't wait for more!

18. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    An utterly amazing post! If Leona and Susie are jumping around like idiots then I am also one of the happy insane!

Fantastic!

19. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I'm banoodly too! It's a great tigger impression I'm doing...

I feel all warm and happy now! What a great post Jane!

20. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Hmm, Obi now you won't have an excuse to eat 4 ice cream bars before breakfast!

21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Maybe it was the ice cream bars that did it! Perhaps high rates of calcium, stimulating brains cells...hm, may have to switch from Cheerios... ;)

--Renata

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    I loved that post. By the end, I was grinning like an idiot.

UP!

23. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    ::clapping:: That was soooo great!

My brother is giving me a very strange look right now, but i can't help it. That was just...there really isn't a word to describe it, but if there were, it would be a really great word that would tell of exactly how wonderful that post was! =)

24. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Wonderful! The whole post was wonderful! The multitude of emotions that happened in such a small amount of time! The "Its raining men" part was hilarious as well! heehee :)

aa :D

25. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    WAY TO GO OBI-WAN!!!!!

Oh, I SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

Great post! You made me VERY happy!
    Now, more please!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.