main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Now you've got me nervous! There so many things Obi could use to hurt himself in the infirmary!

2. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    ditto to what everyone else said!

3. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Jane, this is an awesome story! I love it.

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I've been following this thread for awhile, and now I am absolutly addicted to it! This story is terrific, I can't wait until you post again.

5. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I love this story, Jane! It is so wonderfully addicating!

The idea that Obi's hallocinations are effecting his body is genius and I even heard of things like that. Um, okay NOT quiet like this, but where the mind can cause harm to a person's body even when everything is fine.

I can't wait for more trials for our favorite Master and Padawan^_^

6. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Great story Jane!

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    It was mid-morning before he made his way back to the infirmary. Obi-Wan was sitting up in bed, almost exactly like the way he?d left him the day before, and when Qui-Gon came in, he glanced up eagerly.?Master!?

"How are you feeling, Obi-Wan??

"I?m all right. My chest doesn?t hurt anymore. How was your meditation??

"It went very well,?said Qui-Gon, looking at his apprentice. His face was serene and he radiated readiness to accept whatever his master would decide. There was no hint of pleading or regret or apprehension, simply a willingness to face the future. It made him proud and he stood there smiling until Obi-Wan asked,?What??

"I was just thinking that you?ve become a Jedi again.?

Obi-Wan smiled, too.?That?s what Rixi said after you left yesterday. She even called me Obi-Wan, instead of Ben. I know it was just a hallucination, so it was just like me talking to myself, but it made me realise it?s true. I?m me again. I even remembered how to meditate and put myself in a healing trance. I thought it would be hard, because I haven?t done it for so long, but it was easy. It was like I?d never forgotten.?

"That?s wonderful, Obi-Wan. I?ll call Dr. Ra-sek-mun for your next dose, and then we?ll see what else you can remember.?

Obi-Wan looked incredulous for a moment and then his face lit up.?You?re going to let me continue the treatment, master??

"Yes, Padawan, I am.?Revitalized by the deep healing trance, supported by Tahl, he?d been not only able but also willing to meditate. He had only been somewhat chagrined to realise that there had been nothing to fear at all except his own fears, and the will of the Force had come easily to him, filling him with that unshakeable sense of rightness.

Obi-Wan grinned happily until, quite suddenly, his joyful expression faded into a more stoic one and he said,?I shall also take the bad news like a Jedi, master.?

"What bad news??

"That I?ll probably have to stay here until it?s over.?

"You might not have to, you know. It just occurred to me on the way here that Dr. Ra-sek-mun said the side effects usually disappeared within three days.?Qui-Gon turned towards the door.?I?ll go find him and then we can discuss this further.?

It didn?t take long to track down the Master Healer and the Get-tro-wen. An-Paj was treating a female Padawan for a dislocated shoulder and assorted light saber burns while Dr. Ra-sek-mun watched, apparantly still astounded over the use of the Force in medicine. After gaining their assurance that they would come as soon as they were finished, Qui-Gon went back to Obi-Wan, and they followed about five minutes later.

"Well, Qui-Gon, how are you feeling this morning??An-Paj asked as he entered the room.

"Much better, thank you,?Qui-Gon nodded.

"You weren?t feeling well yesterday, master??Obi-Wan asked.

"Your master was physically and mentally exhausted,?said An-Paj.?Thank the Force that Knight Tahl had the presence of mind to put him to sleep and then call me. A healing trance can work wonders, even for stubborn Jedi like him.?

"I?m sorry, master,?said Obi-Wan, looking crushed as he realised that he was the cause for this near breakdown.?I?m so sorry!?

"Obi-Wan, it is not your fault.?

"But it is, it?s all my fault! I was missing and you had to look for me for five weeks! I?ll bet you didn?t sleep during that time! I wouldn?t have slept, if you?d been missing. And even after you found me, you couldn?t rest. You always had to keep an eye on me, because I tried to attack you, I tried to run away, I kept you awake at night, and--I?m sorry!?

Qui-Gon shook his head firmly at the flood of apologies, but Obi-Wan continued,?You did so much for me, you kept trying to help me and--and I spit on you!?

"You spit on me? When??Qui-Gon honestly could not recall the incident.

"In the ship, right after you showed me what a Jedi mind trick really felt like. I?m so sorry, master!?

"Obi-Wan, that wasn?t you, that was a very frightened boy named Ben who didn?t know who I was or realise that I was onl

8. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    That was so sweet Jane. Obi starting to remember and apologizing with everyone.

I loved how Qui-Gon got in the last word about the pullover!

9. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Aww. So warm and cozy.

Should I look up for the 400lb weight hanging above them?

How will the rest of the treatments go?

10. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Okay, so I guess I'll let Qui-Gon out of the doghouse. ;-) After all he has been over stressed and going without sleep for all those weeks, and he did apologize to Obi-Wan for doubting him. I see Obi is starting to feel the guilt now. I'm surprised that he didn't remember the baby meat incident or Padawan T'Kar since that wasn't part of a hallucination, but then it was early days and he was still under a lot of stress. I love the talk that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had.

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Whoops, I see I made a mistake! After being told who Padawan T'kar is, Obi-Wan should say "I don't remember him." instead of just plain "I don't remember." He does remember the baby meat incident, he just doesn't recognise the boy as his best friend. Sorry for the confusion! Sometimes you get so caught up in things that you know what everything should mean, and you never stop to think that it can be interpreted another way. My apologies, everybody!

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A most deserving "Awwwwwww...."

Jane, that was so sweet! It seems (note 'seems') like everything is as it should be, but like Jodiwent I'm on the lookout for the rug being pulled from under us.

13. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Oh very sweet and mushy! Will Obi-wan get to go back and see Rixi after he remembers *how* he lost his memory? Please? Delightful post Jane!

14. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

I've been looking for the bad for a while now...because I have a feeling Jane isn't done torturing our fav Jedi ;)

That was so nice, Jane *sigh* Very honest emotions and real reactions. *sigh*

aa :D

15. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

The 400lb weight? I thought it would be the dynamite under the bed...

Another great post Jane! Do I sense another hallucination about to happen?

16. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    the other shoe had to drop, things are going too well....

17. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Obi-Wan was released the next morning after receiving the sixth dose. He couldn?t help bouncing out of the room and turning a carthweel down the corridor.

"Padawan!?said Qui-Gon sharply behind him.

"I would say something, master, but--?he grinned, not repentent at all--?You told me to stop apologising.?

Qui-Gon gave him a hard look, but did not dispute the matter.

"He does that every time he gets out of here,?An-Paj remarked to Dr. Ra-sek-mun, who nodded and said,?I?ve had a few patients who would like to do that, too.?

When they got into the lift, Obi-Wan pressed the button and saw Qui-Gon raise an eyebrow at his choice of floors.

"Where are you headed, Padawan??

"The training rooms. I thought we could pick up where we left off. I?m sure I remember all the katas now, even with a wooden bokken.?

When Qui-Gon hesitated, Obi-Wan added,?Comfortable and happy, remember, master??

"I remember.?

"I haven?t had any hallucinations for over a day now. I?m not going to drop dead at your feet.?

Qui-Gon smiled.?I know.?

"Trust your instincts, master,?he couldn?t help teasing.

"My instincts tell me to take you home and lock you in your room so that nothing ever happens to you again,?Qui-Gon teased back.

"In that case, trust my instincts, master.?

"Do I want to??

"Of course, master! They?re telling me to give you a wooden bokken and let you spar with me.?

"Oh, they are, are they??Smiling, they both exited the lift and found an empty training room. After an extended warm-up period, Obi-Wan was allowed to take the bokken and run through the first kata.

"My timing is off,?he said at the end of it.

"You?ll soon get it back,?Qui-Gon assured him.

"And there?s something missing.?

"What??

Obi-Wan reached for what would have been dangling behind his right ear, then lowered his hand and managed a brave smile.?I?m just used to having it flap around.?

"It will grow back,?Qui-Gon said.

"If I asked Master An-Paj nicely, do you think he?d teach me some of the techniques for cell regeneration that the Healers use??

"Don?t worry, Obi-Wan. No matter when you take your Trials, you?ll have something there to cut off.?

"Thank you, master,?Obi-Wan said quite solemnly. Then, changing the subject, he took up the bokken again.?Shall I do the second kata now or would you rather spar first??

"Second kata, Padawan.?

When they returned to their quarters before lunch, Obi-Wan looked around. He could feel a smile starting, one that grew and grew until he was grinning broadly.?Master, I remember now. These are our quarters. This is where we live. I?m home!?

"Welcome home, Obi-Wan,?Qui-Gon said, smiling as well.

Obi-Wan moved around the living room, his eyes lighting on every piece of furniture, the plants on the windowsill, even the carpet.?It?s good to be home again. I?m glad I remember this. I was afraid I wouldn?t, because I was remembering everything else, but whenever we came back here, it still always seemed so strange to me. And Dr. Ra-sek-mun said I might not regain everything I?d lost, maybe only eighty percent.?

"It?s good to have you back, Obi-Wan, no matter how much you remember.?

"I remember this.?Obi-Wan indicated the translucent blue cup on the shelf above the holo unit.?Tahl gave it to you. She presented it to you when we got back from one of our early missions, and she said she?d broken it deliberately and sent it to Aurea to be repaired. I remember that you said you understood--but I didn?t. I still don?t know why she would give you such a thing, but I know you treasure it. I?ve never dared touch it.?

"It?s stronger than it looks, Obi-Wan,?said Qui-Gon.?Tahl taught me a lesson about trust with that cup, after you?d come back from Melida/Daan and been put on probation here at the Temple. It was to remind me that I could not make again what I?d once had. A shattered cup, my shattered trust in you. But something new could be made of it, something that was stronger and more valuable than it had been before.?

"Oh,?said O

18. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    Oh no! All my favourite stories are beginning to come to the end! *wails*

I liked Qui-Gon explaining the cup to Obi, and him turning cartwheels down the corridor. And I was giggling along with Obi as he remembered Mace!

Oh well, guess I'd better prepare myself for one more post!

19. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    You didn't really say but can we assume because he was getting ready to go to sleep, that Obi was up on that wall in the infamous underwear?

Loved everything in that post! Don't want the next one to be the end.

20. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    ROTFL!!!! Only Ob-wan could get into a situation like that! *snicker* That was a fun post!

This is such a great story and I'm so excited that its almost done, but I never want it to end either. :-D You write so wonderfully, Jane!

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    But I did say it, Jodiwent, at the very beginning of the story. Didn't I? Or did you mean that what he wore on the streets was not necessarily what he started out with on the wall? Yes, Obi-Wan was getting ready for bed when he heard the kids on the wall and rushed out with his light saber in his hand, clad only in his boxers, thinking the estate was under attack. Thirty more seconds, and those kids would really have had something to scream about.

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh, we find out what happened to the poor boy. Hmmm, maybe it's a good thing what happened to him. That was AWFULLY uu-Jedi like!

Last post?!? Oh no....not another one!!!!

Whaaaa.......!!!!

23. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Just the thought of Obi-Wan acting 'sithly' is funny! He just doesn't seem the type to pull it off! :) But the image I have in my head (Obi with lightsaber and boxers, scaring the sith outta some kids) is HILARIOUS!!! i'm sad to see this ending, but it was an awesome story, Jane :)

aa :D

24. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Last post?! Aw, man! I'd thought this one would be a bit longer. I've enjoyed it enough that I don't want it to end so soon.

25. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    What? The last post already! No! That can't be right!

::sniff::

I'm really going to miss this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.