main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    And another fine story nearly comes to a closure...sigh.

I agree, I want to see the last post but don't want this to end!

2. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    The last post is coming? I've been enjoying this so much it seems that it has hardly begun. I remember the cup scene with Tahl from the JA books, I love how you used it here. Poor Obi, how embarassing for him to have lost his memory in such a childish persuit. I wonder if he will ever meet Rixi again.

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I ment I didn't see it in the last post, only. I guess I'm being dence.

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    No one likes to see a good story end, but remember: THIS MEANS SHE CAN START A NEW ONE!
    NEW stories from favorite authors are a GOOD thing!!!

--Renata

5. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, I know that I haven't been good about replying, but I've been reading this story from the start and I must say that it is AWESOME and that I'm really sad there's only one more post left.

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I apologise to everybody who's been waiting for the other shoe to drop. The only thing that remains now is to tie up a few loose ends. And then, as you say, I can start a new story. Don't look for it right away, though. This one took me six months to write, and I haven't even got any ideas for the next one. Anyway, here it is, the last post, for your enjoyment.

"There, do you see the difference? There?s so much more activity in the memory centers here,?said Dr. Ra-sek-mun, pointing to the two images on the computer screen. It was the eighth day. Obi-Wan had received the last dose of the drug the day before and Dr. Ra-sek-mun had done one last brain scan for his records. Now he was comparing the results of the one he?d done before starting the treatment to the one he?d just finished a few minutes ago.

"Excellent,?Dr. Ra-sek-mun breathed into the silence that followed as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan leaned forward and squinted at the screen, comparing the images and identifying the differences that he was pointing out.?Subjectively, Master Jinn, how much memory do you think Obi-Wan has recovered??

"Oh, about ninety five percent,?Qui-Gon replied. They had spent a lot of time in the last few days simply talking and reminiscing about experiences they?d had together. Although Obi-Wan had often reacted with a blank look whenever he mentioned something at first, a few words had usually sufficed to make his face light up with recognition.

"Excellent,?the doctor said again.?My theory worked. Familiar surroundings. Unless, of course, you were using some of those Jedi healing techniques to help things along, Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan shook his head.?No. To tell the truth, it never occurred to me, not even when I was in a healing trance for my chest.?

"Good,?Dr. Ra-sek-mun nodded.?For my other patients, I mean. Imagine their disappointment if I told them they?d have to be a Jedi to get all their memory back. Right. Well. Patient healed, case closed. I?ll say good-bye now. I don?t suppose I?ll be seeing you again. I?ll probably be flying back to Sceotan before the day is over. My secretary must be missing me already, even if she is visiting her family.?

There was a round of hand-shaking, thank yous, and good-byes, and then Obi-Wan followed Qui-Gon out of the infirmary. He was just raising his arms above his head for a cartwheel when Qui-Gon said firmly, without even looking around,?Don?t do it, Padawan.?

But it was too late. Obi-Wan?s feet were already in the air. A moment later, he?d barely missed colliding with Leona as she came around the corner. She moved nimbly out of the way and teased,?Let me guess. Obi-Wan?s on his way out.?

He lowered his arms, feeling distinctly sheepish, then moved quickly to catch up with Qui-Gon.

"When do you think the Council will give us another assignment, master??he asked when they were out of the infirmary and approaching their apartment.

"Not for a while, I?m afraid, Padawan,?Qui-Gon tempered the news with a little smile.

"Am I going to be on probation again??

"No, of course not. Why do you ask??

"I, uh, wasn?t very happy about coming back here at first. I criticised the Jedi in front of a lot of people, master, because I didn?t remember, and I was scared. And I did cut my own braid off. The Council might question my commitment, my dedication. They might be wondering if I really remember enough to be a Jedi again,?Obi-Wan said in a rush, giving words to feelings that had been slowly growing in him in the last few days.

"You won?t be on probation, Obi-Wan, but they might want to test you, yes,?Qui-Gon agreed.

"Oh.?

"I won?t let them summon you for at least another week. We both need a little time, I think.?Qui-Gon?s comlink beeped, and he flicked it on.?Qui-Gon Jinn.?

"Yes??came the question from the other end, too quickly for Obi-Wan to recognise the voice.

"Yes.?He switched off, and returned the comlink to his belt.

"What was that??Obi-Wan asked.

"A question and an answer,?Qui-Gon replied cryptically.

Obi-W

7. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

:::CLAPS::: WHoo Hoo!!! That last post was just wonderful, Jane! The Obi/Qui interaction, the party, the 'stinking filthy Jedi' part! All of it, I loved this story from start to finish! GREAT JOB!! :)

aa :D

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh my....that was perfection Jane.

When they started to cheer <<A stinking filthy JEDI>>, I actually burst into tears.

And oh, how I agree with Qui-Gon. <<?We only wish there were.? >>

A total joy to read Jane, can't wait kfor the next one!

9. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    *claps wildly* Wonderful! Wonderful! Encore! Encore!

What a delightful way to end a great story! Ah, I'll miss reading it every morning, but oh it finished so splendidly! It was really great Jane! You are worth your weight in gold!

10. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
  11. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    *applauds loudly* YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!

That was absolutely wonderful! I'm sad to see it end.

I think you need to write a sequel where Obi-Wan meets Rixi again.
    :)

12. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    THREE CHEERS FOR JANE!!! HIP-HIP HOORAY!

13. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Jane that was a truly great story and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The characterization was excellent and the discription and plot were wonderful.

Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

14. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    Ohhh!!! That was soooo good!!!!!

I agree with Kadi-Wan_Kenobi, you should make a sequel!

That was a really great story though, ::sniff:: I'm so sad that its over.

15. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Another GREAT Jane Jinn story. It is sad to see a story end, esp. one that was updated everyday so that I had something to look forward to.

Nonetheless, JGH was a wonderful read and I'm so glad you shared it with us.

You should be very proud of this story! (Just oike your other ones, of course!)

16. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Wonderful Jane!!!
    That was truly a great story! I really enjoyed it.

17. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    What a nice ending to such a good story. I really liked the part where Qui-Gon attatched a braid of his hair to Obi-Wan's. As for the future... here's hoping the plot bunny bites soon and bites hard. ;-)

18. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    UNlike the rest of you who had to wait only a few weeks, I've waited 6 months to find out what happened to Obi-wan and now I am glad that I did!

Yeah Jane! This is sooo COOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Kithera

19. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    What a great story!! Thanks for all your time and effort.

20. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    That was very, very fabulous, Jane! I will patiently wait for your next creation!

21. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    LOL!!! That last part was simply HILARIOUS, Jane!!!! I loved it!!! This story has been so awesome!!

22. jedi_dawn2dusk

jedi_dawn2dusk Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2000
    Absolutly great story. Thanks for all your time and effort in crafting such a wonderful story.

23. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Jane Jinn, this story has been wonderful. (I know I should have said so sooner, as it has been brightening, or at least entertaining me, every morning. However, my life is not my own, so I didn't have time to say so.) You have done a fine job of capturing Obi-Wan's confusion and eventual recovery with style, laughter and tears. Exceptionally well-written, particularly well-done for a story type (amnesia) often plagued by cliche. Excellent work JJ! Original and inspiring! Thank you for sharing it with us. --AWK

24. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Jane I never thought I would hate the words THE END as much as I do right now. I will miss soooooo very much your daily posts of this truly fantastic story. It was a tale told superbly a credit to your writing!!!

I hope you have more planned soon!!!!!

btw.... are you going to finish posting this on the qgjdl or are you just going to let it go the the archive? I have been saving those posts to give to a friend! Thank for sharing your talen and wonderful story with us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.