main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Jane, For some reason, I have never read your work outside of USJS. I was very happy to finally stumble upon this. I am really enjoying it!

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Excellent! When Qui finally meets up with Obi, he's gonna have his hands full for sure. I liked the way Obi was walking one step behind and slightly to the right of Uncle Fulk. He may not remember the Jedi, but he still has his old habits!
    Can't wait for more! I love this story! :)

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Well now I know it's not earth. That's actually a relief.

Obi, Obi, Obi... Yousa a Jeid!

I can't wait for more, but I will.

4. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Noooo!!!! Obi-wan can't cut off his braid!!!!! He'll be heart broken when he finally gets his memory back!

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good, Jane!

6. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    NO! Obi, don't you DARE cut that braid!

This is great, Jane!! Hope Qui-Gon finds him soon, but not after some good old-fashioned Obi-Torture, of course ;-)

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    No Obi!! Don't you dare cut off your braid! And don't let Jane pressure you into it either!!

Post for us soon Jane! Please?!

8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Am I the only one that got it was Rixi who the Dr. was telling not to twirl her hair. I did have to read it twice to figure it wasn't Obi. (Was it?)

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    You're right, Jodiwent, it was Rixi who's always twisting her hair and getting told to stop it.

Ben shrugged, fascinated by this flow of information that also made him feel a tiny bit fearful.?I have no idea.?

"He ran right in front of my car like a whole horde of Jedi was after him,?Dr. Maethum said.?Luckily I wasn?t going very fast or I?d have killed him straight out.?

Wylan sighed and rubbed his lips with his finger again.?Sorry, Fulk, nobody?s been reported missing this past week, at least, nobody who hasn?t been accounted for with the Getters. I?ll check the older files if you like.?

"Do that. But in the meantime, I?d hate to see him end up in a Getter prison just because he can?t identify himself,?said Dr. Maethum.

There was a pause, and then Wylan nodded.?Come into the back with me.?

They left the main room of the bar and went down a short, narrow passageway to an office on the right hand side. Throwing a grey blanket to Dr. Maethum, Wylan said,?My contact will need a holo and a blood sample for the genetic code. Hold this up behind that chair over there. Ben, you sit down and I?ll find the camera.?

Ben took a seat while Dr. Maethum made the blanket into a backdrop behind him. Fiddling with an unusually strong desk lamp, Wylan pulled a camera out of a drawer, raised it, then put it down again. After a moment, he walked over and flipped Ben?s braid behind his back, making sure it was mostly out of sight. Then he went back into position, raised the camera again, and said,?Smile if you want to.?

He took three or four shots, then nodded.?My contact will pick out the best one. You got any blood-letting equipment with you, Fulk??

"Coming right up.?Removing a small item from his pocket, Dr. Maethum took Ben?s arm and pricked the inside of his wrist, then handed the probe to Wylan. He placed it in a large envelope along with the pictures, then asked,?What name??

"Ben Maethum.?

"Maethum??

"We?ll say he?s my nephew.?

"And just Ben? Not Tiorben??

"No, just Ben.?

When everything was ready, Wylan unlocked the bottom drawer of the desk, placed the envelope inside, locked it again, then turned to Ben.?Do you play darts??

"I don?t know,?he replied.?What are they??

"Can you forget darts??Wylan asked Dr. Maethum, his face mirroring his incredulity. The doctor shrugged.?It?s possible. Rixi said he even forgot what a bicycle was.?

"I thought amnesia only happened on those cheap holo series that our teenagers are so fond of,?Wylan grumbled, leading the way back down the passage to the bar and asking the barman to hand over the darts. When they came, he showed them to Ben. They were long, thin metal projectiles, one end sharpened and the other feathered.

"There?s the board, over there on the wall. You stand here, behind this line, and throw it like this.? Wylan demonstrated, and his dart stuck in the outer ring.

"You should aim for the bull?s eye,?Dr. Maethum teased,?not for the broad side of a barn.?

"I?m getting warmed up,?Wylan protested.

"What?s a bull?s eye??Ben wondered.

"The tiny ring in the middle. Here, you try.?

Ben took up position behind the line and hefted the dart between his fingers.?I should aim for the tiny ring in the middle??

He threw, and there was an awed silence from both Wylan and Dr. Maethum as they stared at the dart quivering in the exact center of the board. Finally, Dr. Maethum smiled.?Beginner?s luck. Try again.?

When he?d finished throwing all the darts, and every one of them had landed inside the bull?s eye, Wylan groaned,?I don?t know about the rest of you, but I?d certainly remember being able to do that, no matter what else I forgot!?

"How does he do that??one of the other men asked.?Hey, step back two paces and try it again.?

Ben did so, with the same results, and after a few moments, Wylan motioned for Ben and Dr. Maethum to join him in a quiet corner,?Ben, why don?t you come down to the station to-morrow and let?s see what you can do with a real weapon.?

"Wait a minute,?Dr. Maethum bega

10. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    He didn't even keep it! Oh, Obi-wan, you are going to be sorry about that when the time comes!

I do like the way he reacted the way a normal person would to fear and being hunted, because as far as he knows he -is- a normal person.

Keep it up, Jane. :)

11. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    obi you had to cut off the braid, didn't you.
    and you didn't even keep it?!? You are going to hate yourself when you remember!!

poor Qui..now obi doesn't even have the braid...how's he gonna find his Padawan?

Looking forward to more as always...

12. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    NOOOOO he not only cut off his braid, but he threw it in trash!!!!!!! He is going to regret that soon (but not too soon)!!!! I can't imagine how Qui-gon is going to feel when he finds Obi only to discover what has happened to him!!!!!

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just say that I love this forum.... I would have totally missed the braid comment in the prior post had it not been for the feedback from the readers!

13. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    But if Obi cut off his braid into the trash, maybe someone will notice?

14. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Oh well.

Then again I reidorate :
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Boxers huh? Thank goodness.
    We all know the truely important issues.

15. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Good point Jee-dai! Once again fan feedback has shown me another aspect of the story I would have completely missed..... Thanks!

16. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I don't believe he did it!
    Jane you are evil! Truly EVIL!!

I love this! Post for us again soon! :D

17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good, Jane!!!!!!!

18. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I actually winced when they cut the braid off! Don't throw it in the trash, GIVE IT TO ME!!!

He, he! I love the way Obi responds to the search. Great post Jane!

19. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Ah, I just re-read the last post about where Obi cut his braid off. I guess it'll be too improbable if Qui-Gon visits the doctor's home.

The braid is lost forever!!!!!!

I wonder how long it is. If Obi is 18 yrs old, he would have had 5 years to grow it...

20. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    My brother's hair grows pretty fast, so hopefuly Obi's will too!!!

21. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Awww..poor Obi! The poor braid! Why do I have the feeling that this isn't the last we'll see of it? ;) And I've actually tried that trick while playing darts...dangit, it only works in the movies *sigh* heehee :)

aa :D

22. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    More please!

23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    The next morning, Ben took the map that Aunt Bedec had drawn for him and bicycled over to the police station on his own, as Wylan had suggested. Dressed in his uniform of beige shirt and dark green pants, Wylan looked different from the night before, and Ben almost didn?t recognise him until he turned around and smiled.?Ben, hello.?

"Hello,?he replied.

"Sergeant, I?ll be gone for a few minutes on recruitment business,?Wylan said to the younger man sitting at the desk across from him.

"All right, Captain.?

They went down a set of narrow steps into the cellar, which was much bigger than the police station above, and included a row of cells. Through a door, there was also a small shooting range, and Wylan unclipped a blaster from the rack and handed it to Ben.?Just wait until I get the target set up, and then show me what you can do with that.?

It was the same as with the darts. Ben hit the bull?s eye every time, even when Wylan had him stand facing away from the target and whirl around suddenly to shoot.

"Tell me something, Ben,?said Wylan after a while.?Were you scared last night, hiding there in that office, hoping that the Getters didn?t find you, knowing that you didn?t have an identity disc and that they could whisk you off to one of their prisons for such a simple reason??

"Yeah,?Ben replied.?I was a little scared.?

"Even now, in broad daylight, you could be harrassed by the Getters, asked where you?ve been and where you?re going, forced to show the contents of your pockets or anything that you?re carrying, such as a backpack, a briefcase, or even your shopping bags. If you protest, you could be arrested, or just beaten up and left there on the street as an example for the rest of us Theosnens. If you can?t show an identity disc, you?ll be arrested on the spot and interrogated in one of their prisons. It?s not pleasant, Ben. They don?t just ask you questions, they torture you. They hardly consider us sentient beings, you know. They treat us like animals that exist only to help them make a profit. Does that scare you, Ben, knowing that you could walk into a patrol at any minute and get arrested? They?re already looking for you, you know, and that means you?ve done something in the past. Even if you don?t remember, they certainly do, and they?re out to punish you for it. Does that scare you even a tiny bit??

"A little,?Ben nodded again.

"Do you want to fight that fear??

"How??

"Join the resistance that we?re forming against the Getters. If we hit them where they?re vulnerable, eventually they?ll decide we?re not worth the time and effort. They?ll admit defeat, pull their troops out, and leave us alone.?

"Yes,?Ben decided instantly.

"You?ll be a good man for it, I can tell. But there?s one last thing I need to know about you.?

"What?s that??

"How much courage you have.?

Ben considered this, then said,?I can?t tell you what I don?t know myself. I think I have courage, but I can?t remember if it?s ever been tested.?

Wylan smiled at this.?That?s the best answer I?ve heard yet. Well, I want to test your courage. I want you to sneak out one night after curfew, go to Mayor Ech-to-tha?s estate, and spray some sort of parole on his garden wall where it?ll be visible to everybody passing by. Write something like ?Getters go home? or whatever you want. If you?ve got the guts to do that, and you can manage it without getting caught, you?ll be in the resistance with me, Fulk Maethum, and all the rest of us.?

"I can do that,?said Ben quietly.

"Then do it. I don?t insist on to-night, but try to manage it within the next week.?

"I will.?

"Your identity disc will be ready to-morrow. I?ll send one of my kids over to Fulk?s surgery with it. If the Getters ever put it through their main computer, they?ll know it?s a forgery, but it won?t show up on an ordinary disc-reader, so you?ll be safe from any casual patrols.?

"Thank you, Wylan.?

24. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Boy ask and you shall received!

I get kinds of uneasy feeling about this man, he seems to be manipulating Obi. I look forward to learning more about what is going on this planet. And of course I really look forward to when Qui arrives on the scene to find that Obi doesn't remember a ding dang thing!

25. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Poor Qui is going to think his padawan has run away to join the fighting again. While I'm reading, I'm shouting at my computer screen, "Obi! If you try hard, I just know you'll remember your master!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.