main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Go Home (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Sep 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Oooh! Poor Ben, being blackmailed like that. He should have stuck to his guns, though. If he had, ad that nasty man had turned him in like he threatened, then Obi would be back with his master and everything would be better.

2. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yeah, I agree with Lilith...but..this is fanfic, nothing ever goes write...er..right in fanfic! ;) Nice post Jane, give us MORE!!

aa :D

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I don't like Wylan at all. He's no better than the Getters if you ask me.

4. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I like that even if he doesn't remember he's a jedi he still acts like one. Man if they ever tryed to get Obi to try and kill Qui ooohhh.

5. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    I'm hoping the W continues to be nasty and that after he gets the little one is going to do something mean and then wam obi desides I don't think so so he doesn't cause obi stops him and obi snatches the little one and now is on the run from both parties!!!! ahahaahah, out of the frying pan into the fire... hee hehe.. oh well sigh, time to wait for the next wonderful post... wait and wait and wait...

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hi Jane!

I love this, actually knowing what is going to happen...it's cool!

Come on Jane put them out of their misery!

Kithera

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Don't do it Obi, you will most likely regret it!

Jane you have got yourself one heck of a story going here! I can't wait to see what you have planned!!!!!!!

8. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Yah, come on, put us out of our Misery!
    MORE!!!!

9. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Please, Jane, give us more!!?!

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't know why you guys think I have any interest whatsoever in putting people out of their misery, :) but here's another post anyway.

The kidnapping was set for the night before Rixi wanted to celebrate Ben?s birthday. Ben was paired with another shooter, to stun the Getter bodyguards and anybody else who might get in the way, and protect the third man while he grabbed the kid. Wylan would be patrolling in one of the police cars, ready to drive up at a certain time and whisk the kidnapper and the child to the location that he had chosen.

They approached the estate cautiously, and when Ben was close enough, he used a slingshot to take out first one security camera and then the other. Leaping over the wall, they raced across the lawn to the house. The back door was locked, of course, but they?d reckoned with that. Quickly pasting several pieces of paper to one of the windows until it was completely covered, the other shooter then hit it with the butt of his blaster. Instead of shattering loudly, the window fell apart with only a dull crunch, and they were easily able to push the paper-covered glass out of the way. Hoisting himself inside first, Ben scanned the room, making sure they had not been discovered, then motioned for the others to follow. The kidnapper and the other shooter climbed over the sill, and then they moved quickly through the house, looking for the boy.

It was a large house, and the search took several minutes, but at last the men found the right room and the kidnapper emerged from it holding the small Getter whelp, who yawned once and snuggled up against his shoulder in a touching gesture of trust. Grinning at the others, the man moved as quickly and yet as softly as he could, trying to keep him asleep, or at least quiet. The other shooter taped the ransom note to the door as they began their escape.

They ran into the bodyguards after they had come down the stairs and were on the ground floor again. Turning his head, Ben felt an energy bolt whizz by where his hair had been, and fired back at the moving shadows. As the other shooter led the way to the nearest exit, the humans picked up the pace. Ben swept the area from behind, but they got out of the house and even managed to reach the garden wall without difficulties.

"We?re here,?called the sentry from the other side.?All clear at the moment. Send the kid over first. We?re signalling the car now.?

Ben and the other shooter, standing on the wooden box they?d brought with them for just this purpose, heaved the still sleeping child up to the top of the brick fixture where the sentry on the other side caught him. He could hear the police car approaching and slowing down as the kidnapper scrambled over, and then the sound of opening and closing doors. It moved away, and he and the other shooter prepared to follow. Then the sentry called out suddenly,?Stay where you are! Getter patrol! Distraction plan!?

The distraction plan called for the two sentries to lead the patrol in one direction, and for Ben and the other shooter to count to fifty before climbing over the wall into the street and heading the other way.

"There?s someone coming out of the house,?the other shooter hissed as Ben began to count.?It?s the Jedi!?

Horrified, Ben looked towards the house and saw a very tall, menacing figure in a dark cloak advancing towards them, holding a green glowing sword.

"It?s him or the patrol, take your pick!?the other shooter cried.

The Jedi was definitely more frightening for Ben than a three-man Getter patrol. Scrambling hastily over the top of the wall, he landed hard on the other side in time to see the Getters shooting at the two sentries, who were splitting up at the far corner, one rounding it on his bicycle, the other pedalling straight ahead. As yet, the Getters hadn?t noticed him, and he jogged across the street to where he?d left his own bicycle, leaning casually against the tree in front of one of the houses as though it belonged there. Swinging his leg over the saddle, he pushe

11. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I'd like more too!

12. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    You have to post more, Jane!

13. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Whoa... That was not nice!!!! See Obi I told you not to do it, but would you listen to me... NOOOOO! Now when Qui-Gon finds you he not only has to convince you who you are he has to convince the Getters that you were not working on behalf of the Jedi. What a mess!!!!!!!!

Hope we get more soon. Btw.... I love that you post on such a regular basis, hope you continue that for a good lonnnnnnng time!

14. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    You can't leave us hanging like this! Post more soon, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

15. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Wow! this is FANTASTIC, Jane!

16. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Jane, you are sick, sick, sick. You are far more creative at torturing people than most woud find comfortable. Remind me not to ever make you mad at me. ;)

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh my!!!! Such torture.

And what will he think when he realizes this is all due to somehing he never would have done if he remembered who he was?

Qui-Gon, where are you?!??!?!?

18. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    and I thought I was being mean eeeeeeaaaaouuch!

19. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Nice work, Jane! Mean and torture-filled...but a good post nonetheless!

aa :D

20. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Qui-Gon, Help Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're his only hope!!!
    I know that was cheezy, but I had to use it. :p
    MORE!!!!
    You CAN'T leave us THERE!!!

21. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Qui-Gon right around the corner no less. Next please. Speeking of Qui-Gon did the Nens get him? I'm going to have to read that again.

22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Mayor Ech-to-tha picked listlessly at the breakfast food he?d put on his plate.?Why is the interrogation taking so long? I want my son back now!?

Qui-Gon searched for an answer which would neither patronise nor inflame the Get-tro-wen, but before he could say anything, there was a knock at the door, and a guard came in with a data pad. Reaching for it eagerly, Ech-to-tha scanned the report, then slumped back into his chair.

"It seems they found something,?he sighed,?just not my son.?

"What did they find??

"Your missing apprentice. He was the Nen they caught outside the estate.?

Feeling sick with disbelief, Qui-Gon reached for the data pad and read it. The genetic code from the blood sample which they?d taken from the Theosnen prisoner had corresponded exactly to the genetic code that was on Obi-Wan?s identity disc. Force! He?d done it. He?d really done it. Obi-Wan had left the Order, for reasons still unknown, and had joined up with the Theosnen resistance, and this was the proof. Obi-Wan had probably even used his knowledge of the estate to sneak in and grab the mayor?s son right out from under everybody?s noses, including his own. Qui-Gon remembered seeing the vaguely familiar outline of a young man going over the wall and snorted to himself. Of course Obi-Wan would have got out of there as fast as possible. He wouldn?t have wanted to meet up with his former master.

Qui-Gon felt his disbelief turn rapidly to anger, and tried to calm himself, but realised it would take more effort than he was willing to put into it just at the moment. Obi-Wan had not bothered to speak to him beforehand, had not even given him a clue that something was wrong, that he?d lost his objectivity, that he felt sympathetic towards the Theosnens. He?d simply waited for the first opportunity and run off, leaving everything behind him, even his light saber. He?d even put his shields up to keep Qui-Gon from finding him; he obviously hadn?t expected to get arrested.

"It seems that both of my advisors were correct, after all,?Ech-to-tha said.

"Both??Qui-Gon asked absently.

"Your apprentice did join the resistance.?

"It appears that way, yes. But appearances can often be deceiving,?Qui-Gon stated, but more to remind himself of the old Jedi saying than to instruct Mayor Ech-to-tha.

"The only question is, did he do it voluntarily, or was he forced into it??

Forced into it? The question confused Qui-Gon until he remembered Ech-to-tha reporting to him the theory that one of his advisors had had; that the Theosnens had kidnapped Obi-Wan and brainwashed him into helping them. Using only the limited technology that the Theosnens had available, Qui-Gon had not thought it would be possible for them to force any Jedi into doing anything he didn?t want to do. Now he wondered if there weren?t a grain of truth in the idea he had previously thought absurd. Obi-Wan was stubborn and headstrong, that was true, but he also had a burning sense of justice that made him want to right wrongs in any way possible. After Melida/Daan, he?d tried hard not to get personally involved in conflicts, but Qui-Gon knew that the wish to do so would always accompany his apprentice. If the Theosnens really had kidnapped him--which he could not rule out, unlikely though it seemed--they might have been able to exploit that desire and actually succeed in convincing Obi-Wan to help them.

It was--just--possible. But it didn?t explain why Obi-Wan?s shields had been tightly in place since his disappearance. Surely he would have tried to communicate through the bond with his master if he?d been kidnapped? It didn?t explain why he was still refusing to tell the Get-tro-wens where the Mayor?s son was hidden, although they had been interrogating him since the early morning hours. He wouldn?t have held out so long if he hadn?t been perfectly convinced that what he was doing was the right thing. No. Qui-Gon had to believe that. Obi-Wan had betrayed him. Again. He had turned away from the Jedi, from Qui-Gon, and let his heart le

23. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Gagh! I don't want to wait until tomorrow to read the next part!! I thought the last section was a cliff-hanger, but this one really takes the cake!

24. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Qui-Gon your lack of faith in Obi-Wan is very disturbing to me! At least as of yet you have giving no reaction to Obi having been beaten quite severly! You better change that attitude soon mister, my feelings towards you are directly effected by the way to treat my boy Obi!!!!!!!

Jane I can't believe you left off there (ok I can believe it, you are Sithly when it comes to cliffhangers), my only problem is I will be gone for a long weekend and will have to wait until Monday to see what happens AAAGGGGHHHH!!! I just hope when I return there are several post to catch up on!

25. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.