main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Jedi Healing: Your views on it and inclusion in fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Valairy Scot, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    There's a fic right there - someone is injured and Force healed. Parts of his/her body age faster - and for humor sake, I'm not thinking an "old heart" or somesuch, but something funny - a meld of old and less old parts, but what, I don't know.

Alexis_Wingstar likes this.
  2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006

Now that gave me a crossover idea... Frankenstein/SW... [face_skull]

3. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    For Halloween!

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yep! Not sure if I have time to write it though, so if anyone want's go ahead and steal that plot bunny from me, go ahead... I have more, trust me! [face_laugh]

5. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, as part of your inspiration was my idea...I might give it a go. Probably not as a crossover, though.

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Hm... To use the Force to stitch together random parts from different cadavers and animate it with Sith alchemy... I smell a horror story! And a rotting corpse.

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_devil] My work here is done.

:p

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I just wish that I have that power, then I don't need to go to the doc anymore. Free healing......hmm......not bad.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    That would be nice. However, I would use both Jedi Healing and bacta with caution. Don't wish to use them as a crutch.

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    And speaking of crutches, if your plot demands that they be used, then those crutches will serve well as a point of conflict, drama, and instant tension. Can your character get away fast enough with only one good leg?

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    If not, those crutches can be handy weapons if your character can keep his/her balance to use them properly. :p

12. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    I guess I'd kind of thought of Force healing as the ability of Force users to heal more quickly naturally, but as far as directed healing goes, they'd have to know how to set a bone in order to set their own bone and get it healing. I kind of am of the view that it kind of requires surgical knowledge of the body to be able to heal things more quickly than just letting the body recover itself (at it's Force-user accelerated rate).

I've been playing with an OC who has a kolto (which is the KotOR era bacta equivalent) allergy. I am enjoying the idea of: what happens when I society puts so much faith in a single substance for healing that they kind of forgot to invest in other more manual techniques.

Speaking of Sith and not healing, there's Darth Sion in KotOR II, who is nastily broken (everyone comments on it) but he holds himself together with the Force, and has been doing so for a while. It makes me wonder if he chooses to stay broken to have that pain fuel his power or some-such, or if he was so shattered that to let it heal naturally would cripple him. Being broken seems to be central to his identity, so perhaps it's less that he can't heal himself and more that he won't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.