main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Jedi, I am." The story of Yoda's Padawanship.852 years before TPM.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by G2Jedi, Dec 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G2Jedi

G2Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Hi guys. This is my first solo fanfic ever, so please be gentle.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George, I just playing with his toys. And just in case Lucas is reading this-I love ya, George, I really do!
    Prologue
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no ignorance,there is
    knowledge.
    There is no death, there is-

Brownies?
    13 year old Padawan Yoda woke from his meditation and sniffed the air. Yes, there was no doubt about it. His Master was was cooking her delicous Alderaani Brownies.
    "Browniesssssssssssssssss!" He yelled as he ran as fast as he could towards the kitchen.

The moment he arrived at the kitchen, he made an amazing discovery. In addition to the delicous brownies were sumptous cookies. He reached for them , ready for the onslaught of tastebuds-
    When he felt a force pushing his hands away.
    "The cookies are not for you, Padawan,"said his Master, Vivia Jeo Ra.
    "Awwwwwww......" he moaned.
    "You'll have to make do with the brownies," she said, handing him the plate.
    "Yesssssssssssss!!!!" cheered Yoda as he wolfed down a brownie, not even bothering to chew it.
    "I have to go take these cookies to Council Member Herab Gaf. Stay home and do some more meditating. I'll be back soon."
    She got no reply as Yoda was already busy stuffing as many brownies as he could into his mouth.

2. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Yoda's Padawanship, what a great idea!
    I think this will be funny.

Vadey

Edit: You are 12? Then I bow to you for your courage and imaginably powers of someone so young. As teen the possibility of imagine something original seems to be at it's pe

3. Kenobism

Kenobism Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Love it! Love it! Love it! :D

...by the way, I can understand Yoda's reaction to brownies absolutely. I can't keep myself from eating them, either ;)

4. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    I have readers! *Jumps up in joy.*
    I'll be posting tommorow. Its abit late here in Singapore.

5. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    Here's the first chapter.
    28 yr old Jedi Knight Vivia Jeo Ra stood in front of the door, ringing the doorbell impatiently. Her old Master, Herab Gaf, didn't normally take very long to answer the door. Sure, he was 70 and about to retire, but there was no reason why he should have forgotten how to open the door. She was contemplating giving the cookies to Yoda when the door opened.
    Although very old, Herab Gaf still conveyed a aura of power and wisedom. Vivia remembered the first she had met him,while she had been practising katas with her friend. Even back then,she had felt a sense of warmness and friendship with the powerful Jedi. It was the will of the Force.
    "Are you going to daydream all day, Padawan, or are you going to come in and let me have a go at your cookies?" Vivia shook her head . Her old Master was so much like Yoda ar times that it scared her.
    The apartment was no different that she had remembered . Being from the peaceful planet of Alderaan, her Master had subtly blended nature and technology to give a peaceful and yet energising touch to the room.
    She reached down for a cookie, but touched only the now-cooling metal for a tray. She glared at her Master, who gave her a guilty look. None of them were able to keep it up for long, and they soon burst into hysterical laughter.
    Herab's powerful features became serious, and he said, "there's something the Council wants to talk to you about."
    "What?" asked Vivia.
    "Confidential. Meet us tommorow."
    Vivia shrugged and stood to leave.
    "Oh and Vivia?"
    Vivia turned. "Yes?"
    "Get me some more cookies while you are at it."
    Herab scrambled back into the room, safely out of the way of Vivia's punch.
    Yoda stood behind his Master, waiting impatiently for the huge doors of the Council Chamber to open. He had never like the Jedi Council. They came across to him as fierce and stern. He hoped he would never face the wrath one day.
    The huge doors opened, signalling that the Council was ready to see them. Confidently Vivia strode into the huge room. Yoda followed closely behind, trying not to let his nervousness show.
    The huge Chamber was built in a circular shape, right smack on top of the Crown tower of the Chamber. With a shudder Yoda realised that he was on the highest point of Coruscant. He would have fallen over had it not been for the fact that his legs were too short for him to fall with.
    Council Member Newq Fos Ta spoke first."Jedi Knight Vivia Jeo Ra,are you familar with the planet of Naboo?"
    Vivia spoke in a clear and easy voice. "Yes. In the Fourth year of my padawanship we went there to ensure the safe passage of the planet into the Republic. I was there that my master ate too many pancakes and had a stomachache."
    Everyone in the Council turned to look at Herab Gaf, who winced. Although Vivia showed no hint of emotion, Yoda could tell that she was trying very hard not to laugh .
    Council Member Gouis Hau spoke next. " A scientist by the name of Faber Herian claims to have developed a way of curing the fatal disease cancer. He requested for Jedi protection as he was worried that rival scientists might want to steal his research, so the Jedi agreed to send a Jedi to accompany him to Coruscant to patent his research. Jedi Knight Radin Mas was sent to protect him."
    "However," said Herab Gaf," recent developments has seen the disappearance of Radin Mas. Faber Herian is now in the Corellia system. You are to protect Faber Herian and try to find Radin Mas."
    The Council regarded them for a moment, as if wanting to say something else, but then ended with,"You are dismissed. May the Force be with you."

6. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    no readers? :(

7. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Doing well so far. Keep it up.:)

8. Jedi_Wurth_Skidder

Jedi_Wurth_Skidder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2002
    I just found this. Great story, I love the humor.

9. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    Thanks everyone! For a moment i thought EP had kidnapped all of my readers.
    Chapter 2 will be up tommorow.

10. Dagobah_Y

Dagobah_Y Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    This looks interesting. I love Yoda stories but no one writes much about him. I hope you did not give up on this.

11. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    COol story. keep it up, I want to see more on Yoda.

12. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    Sorry, but school was a killer.
    The starlines of hyperspace shot past the windows of the viewing deck as Viva stood motionlessly, comtemplating the mission ahead.
    Viva had acted as bodyguards to countless of people during her 12 years of padawanship and 3 years of knighthood, but she had never faced one as personal as this one. Radin Mas was her childhood friend. She had been there , sparring with her when she first met Herab Gaf, she had been there at her 13th birthday, she had been there when she was severely ill, she had been there when she had been knighted. Viva could not imagine a life without her.
    She stretched out with the Force, using the special bond between them.
    Nothing.
    Viva felt tears welling up in her eyes;it took her every ounce of willpower not to cry. Jedi did not cry; that was what she had told Yoda when he had to go for a heart operation, and she was going to stick to it!
    "Master?"
    Viva sat unmoving as Yoda crawled into her lap, then she let her tears flow.
    Well, did you like it? I'll try to get more up as soon as I can.

13. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    Shamelessly upping this so people can find this.

14. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    At the risk of looking like I'm posting for no one, here's chap 3.
    Vivia smoothly landed the ship onto Corellia, the sleek chrome-plated yacht looking quite out of place among the dirty and obviously machined freighters.But among the dark, dirty ships a well-polished Nubian cruiser gleamed brightly.
    Radin's ship.
    Vivia felt a pang of pain at her heart.Everything seemed to be reminding her of Radin lately.This new reminder served only to drive home the point that Radin was gone. A scary mental image of Radin tied up appeared briefly, but she brushed it away. She had more important things to do.
    The ramp opened, and she walked down it, giving the accident prone Yoda a helping hand.
    Faber Herian could be best described as normal. He was the sort of person that just fades into the background. His hair was rather long, but not girl-long. He was about average height, and not very muscular.He was dressed in black ,with a large cloak that covered his shoulders. All in all, normal.
    "Dr Herian," she greeted.
    "Master Jeo Ra," he said, bowing.
    "I suppose we can go now ?" he asked."I've been waiting for three standard hours." Gesturing towards the 3 trunks stacked neatly behind him, he said,"Careful with them. They contain a lot of valuable equipment and my research."
    That won't be a problem," assured Vivia. Levitating it with the Force,she moved it smoothly into the ship and into the quarters Vivia had set up for him.
    Dr Herian raised an eyebrow."Impressive," he said, stepping into the ship,cloak swirling behind him."Most impressive."
    Yoda laid on his bed, watching the stars shooting past his window. He had always loved watching stars, amazed by how huge they were, yet how small they seemed.

Abruptly Yoda's thoughts turned to Dr Herian. He reminded Yoda of the scary Sith his Master had told him about.He knew that Jedi respected Life in all forms, but he had a bad feeling about Dr Herian. Vaguely he wondered if he was a Sith, and allowed himself the luxury of imagining himself fighting the big bad Sith, slicing his head off with his emerald green lightsaber. He would be Knighted, and the Council would ask him to join them, and he would be the wisest and most powerful Jedi in the Order.
    Yeah right. Like that would ever happen.
    Yoda rolled over and went to sleep, dreaming about Knighthood, Sithes, and brownies.

15. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I can understand Yoda, that Dr. looked like a Sith and sounded clearly Vaderish. At least to the reader.

Vadey

16. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    ah hah, caught the reference, you have. A sith, is he? mmmmmmmmm...... stay tuned you must, or find out, you will not!

17. JacenHornSolo

JacenHornSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2002
    Dude, you've got the most awesome idea! I, (and apparently no one else) has ever thought of this!! Keep up the GREAT work! You've done a wonderful job so far, and I hope to see more. Great humour as well!

18. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    Gee, thanks, man! Prob is, I'm still in school and I'VE GOT TONS of homework. So I cant post that often. BTW, Happy Chinese New Year!

19. JacenHornSolo

Jan 29, 2002
    Dude, we need you back! a post!...

(not that i'm pressuring you...)

20. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    Ok, Ok!
    The blue swirl of hyperspace reverted back to white starlines, then multicolored dots of light filled the sky. They had reached Byfis.

Byfis was a relatively unknown planet until about 40 decades ago,when a hyperspace explorer named Stamford Raffles discovered the place. It was lying in the middle of a new hyperspace route between Corellia and Coruscant, and served as a important docking and refueling port.

Vivia gently guided the silver yacht into the bay, flipping from aft thrustes to repulsorlifts with a gently flick of her thumb. As a child she had had an annoying habit of popping her knuckles. Her favorite target was her thumb, and so her thumb was longer and more maneuvarble than a normal one.

Yoda watched all of this with a keen eye. He knew that he would be taking his SAE(Spacecraft Aptitude Exams) in three years. He already knew basic steering, but he had a habit of forgetting to switch the sublight drives off while in hyperspace, and he always managed to flip the wrong signaling lights switches. Vivia had forbade him from taking the controls of the Starshine after he had caused a traffic blockade at Alderaan. He winced, remembering some of the swear words pilots had sent over the comlinks.

A hissing noise alerted Yoda to Dr's Herian's entrance, and he turned round, bowing respectfully. The doctor, now wearing dark green robes, brushed past Yoda and towards Vivia.
    "What is the meaning of the delay?" He demanded.
    "We've got to stop to refuel." explained Viva. She called up a holographic gauge. Yoda could see that only 5% was left.
    The doctor frowned."Alright, but hurry up." he said, and walked back into his quarters.

Vivia concentratedon guideing the ship into the bay, then landed smoothly onto a landing platform. The comlink buzzed,and Vivia flipped the switch with the Force.

A Rodian's green face appeared at the holograhic projector.
    "Greetings," said the Rodian."Osse Fueling and Spacecraft Neccessities Station, how might I help you?"
    "Give me 50 credits worth of fuel and reload the life support systems, please."said Vivia, entering the the code for her Holonet credit account.
    "Yes, Ma'am." said the Rodian, and his face disappeared from the projector in burst of static.
    "Master," began Yoda.
    "What?" she asked, spinning round on her chair.
    "I'm hugry," explained Yoda .
    Vivia looked at him thoughtfully for a few moments, then said with a grin,"You know,I'm hungry too. Go ask Dr. Herian if he wants to go out to eat with us."
    "He's coming?" stammered Yoda.
    "Of course," said Vivia sensibly."He's our guest after all. Hurry up."
    30 minutes later, Yoda was sitting in a floating baby chair(how embarassing!), while Dr.Herian and Viva were seated next to each other. the doctor looked uncomfortable to be seated so close to Yoda's master.
    A young human girl came to the table, a datapad in her hand."Good evening, may I take your order?"
    Vivia ordered a bowl of nerf noodles; Yoda wasted no time asking for roasted Nubian fish, while Dr.Herian took sometime before ordering a traditional Corellian dinner. The waiter smiled and entered their requests int the datapad.

21. JacenHornSolo

Jan 29, 2002
    Dude, I finally got back over here!!!

This story is so great!

Yoda was sitting in a floating baby chair(how embarassing!)
    I cracked up when I read that! [face_laugh]

Keep up the great job!!!

22. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    Thank you, Thank you!

23. JacenHornSolo

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey dude, how ya doing?

I use the first line of your sig for my away message, on AIM, for school! My friends love it! [face_laugh]

24. JacenHornSolo

Jan 29, 2002
  25. JacenHornSolo

Jan 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.