main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi in a Forest, Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by foxbatkllr, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    CoruscantCrisis I tried to have a fight between two people, both had two double bladed sabers each. It didn?t look so good on film. Just too much was going on after they were rotoscoped.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey, just my two cents, I am actually having a dual lightsaber segement.

I can tell you its difficult for a novice since you have to be natually ambidextrous.

If you have a pretty good handle of a sword in your other hand that helps. Takes alot of time.

Justin

3. Antigone_Maroon

Antigone_Maroon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I like the idea of a forest setting?I've been thinking about how the Brecon Beacons (a big hilly/mountainy, hazy sheep farming area in Wales) might be an interesting setting.

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I think a forest setting is cool too, I just don't want people to see my fanfilm and that it's taking place in a forest and say "oh no, not again."
    As for the snow, here in California, you can find snow when it's really not that cold. I mean, it doesn't actually have to be snowing for there to be snow. It could be 50-60 degrees with snow still on the ground.
    As for the rock quarry, about 2 hours from where I live, there is a HUGE, VAST rock quarry. It would be great, except I just feel it doesn't really fit within the story.

5. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    <<I like the idea of a forest setting?I've been thinking about how the Brecon Beacons (a big hilly/mountainy, hazy sheep farming area in Wales) might be an interesting setting>>
    and you could get the S.A.S to be sith apprentices at a training camp..........

6. DarthPinto

DarthPinto Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    crisis- Gosh darnit, I was going to use that. Oh well, I will anyway :p

killlerbob- I think the twin double sabers would work if each one had shortened blades. If you can do that figure-8 looking spin with both of them without cutting something off, I think you could do some really cool stuff.

7. Antigone_Maroon

Antigone_Maroon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    "<<I like the idea of a forest setting?I've been thinking about how the Brecon Beacons (a big hilly/mountainy, hazy sheep farming area in Wales) might be an interesting setting>>
    and you could get the S.A.S to be sith apprentices at a training camp.........."

Hehe! Brilliant! Actually the S.A.S would be no problem at all. I go up to the Brecon area fairly regularly (my Dad works in the clinic in the town) and I've never witnessed any disruptions due to S.A.S training. I was actually more concerned about the sheep getting in the way rather than the S.A.S.

8. sithgoblin3

sithgoblin3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    What about a mountain range? (if there is one avaliable)

It would have variying types of terrian, probably including forests, and the local narional park services would probably have fly over footage of it taken from survey helicopters or something.

Plus the temple could be hidden in the mountains and there for would be out of sight.

9. nhaines

nhaines Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Oh, we have plenty of mountains over here in California. In fact, that's where he's probably getting the forest! :D But that's also where most of *my* movie will end up taking place. [face_plain] I don't know about desert--that'll suck. But I am hoping for coastal, too.

Either Cabrillo Beach (the tide pools there are great and a friend who'll help with CG and color correction lives across the street), or maybe Christmas Tree Cove, which is an awesome little place, but really rocky and the climb down the cliff to get to the beach is hell. :)

10. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    DO it in a feild with really tall grass!!!

Seriously...I can think of nothing cooler than a jedi and a sith fighting in grass/weet/rye or whatever so tall that you can't see that far, like a corn feild or something. thats really cool...

unfortunitly the only thing I have around here in NJ is a wooded area, so all my movies have to be in the woods...i also have a feild next to these woods, its a feild of rye but its only at knee lenght, its pretty cool though.

11. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    Go ahead and do the forest setting, why do you care what people say? Just do whatever you want.
    Assuming you still want me to help out, I can help with 2 saber vs 2saber choreography, or whatever else you decide to do.

12. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    NAAYY!!!!

Until my fan film is released, no one should even think of going near any deserts, blue screens, forests, beaches, rivers, Etc.
    Basicly stay away from any natural resources!!!

Nay means no right?

13. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Visually a light saber fight in a tall grass/wheat field/corn field sounds very cool. But I just feel horribly compelled to bring up the negative sides to that concept.

1. You really want to be the poor bastard to rotoscope the sabers through all that folliage? Just think of the number of masks it would take!

2. Wouldnt they be slicing down everything around them at an astonishing rate until you had the equivilent of a crop circle? I dont think even george would wanna tackle that one. (pictues ILM rotoscopers and Maya Geeks bleeding from their eyes animating the weed whacking)

14. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    ""TEH BEST 37337 FANFLIM EVA!""

Riight, it's not going to be teh best eteet fan film eva....

It's L337, not 7337 ;)

15. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    "It's L337, not 7337"

Sorry I'm not fluent in hax0rz speak. I tried. Same with ebonics. I can try, foo, but it just sounds silly, yo.

And yes, my forest IS in the mountains. California has lots of mountains (despite popular belief that it's all just one big beach).

16. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
  17. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Hmm the brecons... I was up there only today...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.