< ^ >Jedi In A Ghosttown < ^ > (JA, minor Obi-Torture)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Brilliant Obi-Wan- now how are you supposed to help your master
  2. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Kitara: Yeah! Stoopid kid ;)

*/\*/\*/\*/\*
    *\/*\/*\/*\/*

Qui-Gon pressed his back against the rock, he didn't move. The Raiders were still advancing and he didn't have time to plan.

"Surrender." The voice cut through his thoughts and the sand swirled around him in a gentle current pulling the words to his ears. "Your companion is dead, you are armed with one hand gun, you have no chance against us. Qui-Gon took a deep breath. "It will go better for you if you surrender." The voice taunted. Qui-Gon finally decided that surrendering and having possible escape was better than dying pointlessly. He slowly stood from behind the rock. He was facing the ranks of about thirty men on Stanzi and another ten without their Stanzi. The man who had spoken was in the front, he had slick, long black hair and steely eyes. "Now slowly put your gun down and turn around. Qui-Gon slowly put his gun down, and as soon as he was on one knee something sailed over his head. There was a shriek of Stanzi as a man riding a Stanzi landed in between the Raiders and Qui-Gon, Qui-Gon quickly regained his weapon and ducked behind the rock just in time for about twenty more riders to begin the attack on the Raiders. The man who had come to his rescue was working quickly, shooting down Raiders and Stanzi alike, another had a whip and was lashing Raider's down. Qui-Gon saw another young man that looked very familiar. The twenty riders followed their leader in the fight and soon the Raiders made a retreat on their remaining Stanzi felling only three of the riders. The leader dropped from his Stanzi and turned to one of his men.

"Take the wounded back!" He called. "I will follow shortly." The man slowly turned to face Qui-Gon. The Jedi Master was standing in plain view. "That was a very stupid thing, trying to find us." He said softly.

"I realize that." Qui-Gon said easily. The man slowly moved over to him and Qui-Gon got a better look at him. He had very dark hair and bright blue eyes. "I am Qui-Gon Jinn." He introduced. "I've been staying with the Morto Stella people." Someone laughed from behind the leader.

"You hear him squawk about that as if it's something to be proud of. Those people deserve to die, each and everyone of them."

"They need your help." Qui-Gon said slowly. "Both your societies would fair much better if you could come together." The leader still said nothing, but the man behind him was now glaring at Qui-Gon.

"They need our help, of course they do, they just don't understand that. They're fools, helpless fools." He sneered at Qui-Gon. "And if you're with them, then you should die, they don't respect what we do for them, they would kill us for trying to keep ourselves alive." Many of the Riders took up the cry.

"Kill him! Make him pay for what they did for us!" A few of them pointed their guns at Qui-Gon and others shouted insults at him. The leader turned and held up a hand.

"Friends." With that simple word, all quieted. "Listen to me, you are treating this man as the Morto Stella people treated V'non, if you do that, then what makes us better? Now let him speak."

"We should kill him." The first man pressed.

"No," A new voice broke in. Qui-Gon looked up and saw the young man who had nearly been killed in Morto Stella. He slid from his Stanzi and came to stand next to his leader. "No, he does not deserve to die." The young man, who Qui-Gon assumed was V'non, looked carefully at the Jedi Master. "You pointed out the rope to me, didn't you?" He asked slowly. Qui-Gon nodded easily. V'non smiled. "I'm not that great at noticing things, ask any of my friends, they always have to point things out for me, or I don't see them. Thank you...friend." Several the men went completely silent, others quietly murmured among themselves. Their leader smiled lightly.

"There you have it." He turned to the men behind him. "Give him one of the spare Stanzi." He turned to face Qui-Gon again. "Be on your way." Qui-Gon paused.

"I came to find you to ask for your he
  3. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
  4. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I guess everyone else is at AOTC.

Ok- I was wrong- Obi-Wan (as usual) is the one who needs help.
  5. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Kitara: Yup! He's ALWAYS in trouble ;)

I saw AOTC just about two hours ago!!!!!!! Terrific movie!!!! :D

*/\*/\*/\*/\*
    *\/*\/*\/*\/*

The Ryan's base was well organized, but Qui-Gon felt that he had just discovered where lay 'the middle of no where'. No water was in sight, many tents were erected in the shade of cliffs, inside a cave they hid the Stanzi and two teen boys watched them. V'non showed Qui-Gon where to put his Stanzi.

"Hey, Qui-Gon, you want the grand tour, it might be nice if you know your way around, we've got a lot to do." Qui-Gon nodded. V'non introduced him to people as he showed him the tents, the scout cave and the Stanzi stable in greater detail. "Be careful of Sile, he is the one who wanted you dead, he's kind of nasty, but he's loyal. Forest on the other hand is very good company, he's quiet and soft on kids, but him and that whip make a wicked team." Qui-Gon slowly met everyone. V'non brought him back around to see Ryan, before Qui-Gon entered the leader's tent he paused.

"You know, V'non, I'm very glad you escaped." V'non smiled.

"Yeah, me too. Codi told me later that Sile and several others were ready to just let me die, said I wasn't very helpful, but Ryan wouldn't let any of his friends hang if he could stop it." Qui-Gon smiled back.

"Yes, I know that feeling." His mind drifted to Obi-Wan without bidding. "And I hope he's all right now." V'non nodded.

"We'll be there tomorrow." Qui-Gon paused.

"V'non, why doesn't Sile think your worth saving?"

V'non shrugged. "Well, I'm not very good with any weapon, I always shoot the wrong thing, and shot him in the knee once." V'non winced as if remember. "I guess that's why he doesn't like me, of course, Ryan still wanted to save me, even though once I shot him in the arm, by accident." He smiled. "That's why I steal food and the like." Qui-Gon nodded.

"Well, I think everyone is worth saving if possible, but I defenatly think you are worth more than Sile will give you credit for."

Qui-Gon went inside the tent and found Ryan sitting at a table looking over a map.

"Qui-Gon." He greeted looking up. "Are you ready to go?"

"I think I know what I'm doing." Qui-Gon agreed. "How much time do we have?"

"Miron won't move his men in during this storm, but he will have them in position, tomorrow morning, that's the end, he'll more than likely have the town by the time we get there." Qui-Gon looked surprised.

"Ryan we have to be leaving, now."

"No, Qui-Gon, not now. We'll let them take Morto Stella, but we will take it back."

"Who knows who may be dead by then?" Ryan's eyes met his.

"They're killing as few people as possible, Qui-Gon, they want miners, they don't want dead people." He folded the map in front of him. "The destruction of the other towns was that they didn't take surrender easily, they blindly fought back and it meant their own deaths, I remember in one instance they actually burned their own town to the ground to destroy the money. And as long as they're not stupid as they appear, they'll be fine, but we'll have to hurry."

"Mister Lond, if Obi-Wan, my apprentice, is still there and alive, they'll be all right, I have faith in him."

"How old is this, Obi-Wan?"

"Fifteen." Qui-Gon said easily. Ryan nodded, Qui-Gon realized how lame the age made Obi-Wan sound. Ryan looked up at him.

"When I was fifteen, I nearly died trying to save my friend, Forest from a wild beast known as the Saber. I had the confidence and determination, not to mention the stupid bravery that I couldn't even believe, and if your boy is anything like you Qui-Gon Jinn, they are in good hands." Qui-Gon smiled.

"Thank you, Ryan." Ryan nodded and sighed.

"I hope the people are strong enough to help us." Qui-Gon came around Ryan's side.

"Sometimes, all people need is a hope and a will to win, and I think the people have enough hope to win this battle for their freedom."

Later that night Qui-Gon assisted the two teens to saddle up the Stanzi, men were gath
  6. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    A nice, exciting post.

I hope you other readers are only lurking, and haven't abandoned the story.
  7. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Kitara: Thank you Kitara! It's okay if no one reads it, I don't feel it's one of my better ones, but I'm doing my worst ones first :D

*/\*/\*/\*/\*
    *\/*\/*\/*\/*

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan ran into the way of fire first, behind them, Ryan, Forest, Sile and a young man by the name of Harris ran, keeping themselves on the safe side of the two Jedi.

Qui-Gon was pleased to see his apprentice's instant recovery after the ordeal he had withstood. Ryan and his men had stealthily moved in through the back, the place where V'non had apparently been caught. No one had been there to see them though, and they had been able to sneak in. Qui-Gon's eyes had instantly sought out Obi-Wan. He had been in time to see the boy getting beaten with a staff, Obi-Wan had withstood it with the same patience and endurance he faced everything, but it had pierced Qui-Gon's heart. Ryan, however, had ordered him to wait. When the Raider leader, Miron, began to count down to Obi-Wan's death Ryan whispered for him to wait till the last moment. So Qui-Gon had obeyed, but his heart had been heavy as lead until he was in between the tyrant and his apprentice. He had felt this was his fault, he had sensed danger coming and all along it had been heading right for his apprentice and he had had left the boy in the path of danger alone. But now, despite the bruises of his abuse, Obi-Wan was moving quickly and easily, his lightsaber a blur of motion and his face set in concentration.

The five continued towards the inn, the two Jedi melting the mettle bullets on their lasers. They reached the inn quickly and Ryan posted Obi-Wan and Sile to guard the inn while they smuggled the children out. Ryan ran inside and instantly took in the weepy children, their guard turned in shock when he saw them and tried to grab a child hostage, but with a snap too fast to track, a whip wrapped around his hand tightly. Forest yanked the guard over to them with one jolt and Harris knocked him out with the handle of his gun.

"Qui-Gon!" Willum called, running up with Kila hanging on his hand. She looked teary eyed, but Willum was brave and looked like he had been taken the devastation well.

"Willum," Qui-Gon turned to Ryan, the man was staring at the ten-year-old with the little girl hanging onto him. She looked shyly up at Ryan and Willum followed her gaze. For a moment the boy just stared at his father, then his eyes widened.

"Dad!" Ryan dropped to his knees and caught Willum in his arms, Kila was pulled with him and though she didn't know who the man was, she seemed thankful for any kind person she could find. "I knew you weren't dead, I knew it!" Willum exclaimed excitedly.

"I thought I'd lost you son." Qui-Gon quietly touched Ryan on the shoulder.

"Ryan, we don't have much time." Ryan nodded and stood, picking up his two children with him. Harris and Forest grabbed three children each and they left again. Obi-Wan was melting down occasional bullets that strayed towards the inn, Qui-Gon re-ignited his lightsaber and carefully guarded the children across.

Slowly, a few at a time, all the children were returned to their parents. Tamzin was in tears all over again however Kila was quite recovered and sucking on her thumb and Willum said nothing to his mother about knowing all along.

The fight continued, back and forth the fire went, finally Ryan had to present the facts as he leaned against a barrier.

"Qui-Gon, we're running out of bullets, we've got a few blasters, but they've got more than a few."

"We need blasters?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Yes, but we also need an advantage." Willum was listening quietly, the mothers and children were in the buildings behind them, but Willum had insisted on staying out with the men and older boys.

"Dad, I need a blaster." Qui-Gon glanced at him.

"We can't spare one, Willum." Ryan shook his head. "You'll can't shoot one any way."

"No, but maybe I can build one." Ryan looked surprised. Obi-Wan knelt down by them.

"Master, if Willum and I could use one of the blasters, we could run over to the
  8. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  9. ObiLegolas Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome story! I can't wait for the next post! Hope to see it soon. Keep up the great writing.
  10. Angel_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Great story!! Everyone behaves like a cowboy, and Obi is in the middle. That´s really a nice place to rest. :D I hope that Qui-Gon will be able to save this troublesome boy soon!

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker
  11. Nikita Jedi Knight

star 3
    oooh this is getting good! And i don't mind those long posts at all!!! Keep up the good work!!!

~*Nikita*~
  12. Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    OBI? *she calls desperately.*

MORE!
  13. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Kitara: Yup ;)

ObiLegolas: 'lo! Welcome to my world ;) Glad you're liking it :D

Angel: Thanx! Yeah...I hope so too ;)

Nikita: Thanx a bunch! I'm glad you don't mind long posts! ;)

Jacinta: *helps* Obi!!! *not working* drat. Thanx Jacinta :)

N'kay, I actually have another one after this one :D

*/\*/\*/\*/\*
    *\/*\/*\/*\/*

Obi-Wan worked quickly, Forest was moving as fast, and together they made very short work of it.

"They'll be here soon." Obi-Wan knew he shouldn't have left without telling Qui-Gon, but he knew they had to beat Norrin there. Obi-Wan had overheard him talking to Torl about his plan and Obi-Wan had moved out in the confusion of battle, Forest had overheard it as well and offered to help him, Obi-Wan had already guessed where it was that Norrin was going: the treasury, Obi-Wan had also guessed where the treasury was. He hadn't known for sure, but when Tamzin had tried to tell them where it was, it was confirmed. "We're almost finished." Obi-Wan murmured throwing the last of it into place.

Obi-Wan closed the trap door in the Lond's floor securely and turned, and as soon as he did he was grabbed by the tunic front. He looked up and saw Torl. Tac grabbed hold of Forest and Norrin stepped up to Obi-Wan.

"Well, well, well." Norrin smirked. "I wasn't planning to find you here, Obi-Wan, I thought that you didn't know where the money was, or you would have taken by now."

"I'm not here to steal." Obi-Wan said steadily. Norrin moved up to him and Obi-Wan shifted his weight under Torl's grip.

"Well, I am." He said in a low tone. Obi-Wan met Norrin's gaze squarely, but said nothing. "Take them down." Norrin ordered, Forest and Obi-Wan were pulled down into the basement and Norrin flicked the illuminator on to reveal...nothing. Norrin's eyes went wide with horror. "It's gone! All of it!" Torl's grip tightened on Obi-Wan's arms and Obi-Wan tried hard not to wince. Norrin whirled on the boy. "Where is it?" He demanded. Obi-Wan calmly stayed silent. Norrin struck Obi-Wan across the face, knocking the boy to the floor. "Where is it?!" Norrin's voice rose. Obi-Wan didn't get up from the floor immediately. Norrin kicked him hard in the stomach. Forest tried to release himself but Tac held him hard. Torl pushed passed Norrin.

"I'll get it out of the brat." He said cruelly. The burly man grabbed Obi-Wan up from the floor and slammed him against the wall, and pinned him with one strong hand. "Out with it kid."

"No!" Obi-Wan retorted. Torl's iron fist struck Obi-Wan's stomach hard and Obi-Wan found himself gasping for breath. Forest was putting up quite a fight now, Torl struck Obi-Wan again.

"Tell us!" Norrin shouted.

"No!" Obi-Wan shook his head. Torl slammed a fist into Obi-Wan's chest twice and there was a sickening crack. Obi-Wan slumped to the floor, the broken rib burning against his chest, he cried out when Torl kicked him in his wounded chest. Torl grabbed him and lifted him up to a more or less standing position. Norrin smiled and moved over to Forest, pressing his blaster against the man's temple.

"Out with it." Obi-Wan's head swirled, it wasn't worth a life, it wasn't worth another life. Obi-Wan knew what he would do, he wouldn't let them win. With all the energy he could muster he pulled away from Torl and crashed into Norrin knocking the blaster away from Forest's head. Obi-Wan felt pain shriek up his chest and he let out a gasping breath. Torl grabbed Obi-Wan up off of Norrin, but Obi-Wan had no strength to fight back. Obi-Wan knew that he had done it now as he felt the blaster point against his head.

Then he heard a new voice.

"Put the boy down." There was a echoing cock of a blaster and Obi-Wan knew the voice was Ryan's and that Ryan now had a blaster pointed at Torl's back. Qui-Gon knocked Norrin back to the floor and disarmed him, Tac released Forest without a struggle. "Put him down." Ryan repeated. Quickly, Torl let go of Obi-Wan and the boy stumbled forward, Qui-Gon moved forward and caught him.

M
  14. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Little bit of torture, now it's time for the mush :)
  15. Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL.

Obi's gonna be okay.

YEAH!

Good job! That was well written.
  16. Seven Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ooooo! More soon please!
  17. Angel_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post! Poor Obi, he´s always tortured. ;) But torture mweans that mush is coming and I can´t wait [face_love] !

NEED MORE SOON P L E A S E

Angel_Skywalker
  18. SiriGallia Jedi Master

star 4
    Kitara: But of course! ;)

Jacinta: Why thank you! :D

Seven: Welcome Seven! Glad you're liking it :D

Angel: Yes he is! It's true ;)

LAST POST!

*/\*/\*/\*/\*
    *\/*\/*\/*\/*

Outside the Lond inn, people had taken control of about half the Raiders. The one's who hadn't been able to escape.

"We have them." Sile said proudly. "Where were you Ryan?" Forest came up behind them, herding Tac, Torl and Norrin in front of him.

"Saving the town's future." Forest answered softly.

"Ryan!" Tamzin came running to him and threw herself into his arms, Willum and Kila came up behind her.

"I h-have a d-daddy!" Kila told Obi-Wan excitedly.

"She realized she had a voice and has been using it since you left." Tamzin smiled at Ryan. Obi-Wan carefully knelt down next to her.

"Are you happy Kila?" She nodded smiling broadly, then realized everyone was looking at her and quickly put her thumb in her mouth. Ryan laughed and lifted her up off the ground.

"We won it!" V'non called, coming over to the others. "We were able to contact the Republic, they're going to send several delegates to sort out all this."

"Are things going to be normal again?" Tamzin questioned aloud.

"Not completely maybe." Ryan replied. "But I hope they'll be better than before." Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan hung back away from the rest. Qui-Gon looked down at his apprentice.

"I am very very proud of you Obi-Wan." The boy glanced up at him, a smile on his face. "You acted bravely, selflessly..." Qui-Gon paused and gave Obi-Wan a mock stern look. "And still you are managing to find this whole thing amusing." Obi-Wan's smile faded until he realized his master was joking.

"Master." He said patiently, Qui-Gon laughed lightly and Obi-Wan laughed too. He paused, taking a deep breath.

"I think I may owe you an appology though, Padawan."

Obi-Wan looked up confused. "What?"

"An appology." Qui-Gon repeated, a light smile on his face. "I'm afraid sometimes I get a little too set on what the present problem is that I neglect you, in the future I should allow you to experience what I experience and not leave you back behind." He gave his apprentice a wan smile. "Especially since I mis-read the danger as being danger for you and not me. Will you forgive me for that Padawan?"

"Yes Master, of course." The boy smiled. He seemed to stand idaly for a moment as if unsure of what to do. Suddenly Qui-Gon took the boy by the arms and pulled him into a hug. Obi-Wan seemed to release instantly, and all the stress, fear and trauma of not ten minutes ago was let go.

*/\*/\*/\*/\*
    *\/*\/*\/*\/*

Qui-Gon realized only the next day that it had been over a week since their transport had been there, but it didn't really matter. Yoda asked them to finish up business there first. The delegates came and took Norrin, Torl and Tac off the planet, as well as the last of the Raiders who were tracked down and arrested. The people's poverty was not ignored either and the new leader of the people, Ryan, was asked to meet with them soon to discuss terms of imports also to negotiate more population to the planet. Several days after the battle at Morto Stella, the Jedi's transport returned. Their pilot was very apologetic, but Qui-Gon assured him it was for the best.

"Good-bye friends." Ryan said, lifting his daughter into his arms. "It was very good to know you, and we are much indebted to you for your help."

"We'll never forget it." Tamzin added. Willum was saying his own lengthy good-bye to Obi-Wan a short distance away.

"I'll send you some of my schematics if I can find them." Obi-Wan was saying and Willum looked excited by the thought.

"Dad said he's going to get me more things to work with, so that I can build more things." Willum paused. "Well, good-bye Obi-Wan." Obi-Wan smiled.

"Good-bye, Willum."

"And..." Willum smiled back. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, Willum, very welcome."

"I know that this can't be completely normal for them." Obi-Wan murmu
  19. Seven Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yay!

That was great!

I enjoyed that very much and I even got a smiley face!

Please write something more soon, and I'll try to be there!
  20. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  21. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww, great! Now this one is finished too?! Grrrr! Please start another story soon, because I am soooooo bored... ;)

Oh yeah, loved the story, I did!

KG :cool:
  22. Jedi_Arwen Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow, Siri, that was fantastic!!!! Wonderful!! Amazing!!! etc.!!!! I loved it!!
    Sorry I wasn't able to comment during the story ? but I was reading it!! I loved how you made it kind of a crossover between the Old West and SW!!!! You always come up with the best ideas for your stories and I can't wait for the next one!!
  23. Angel_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    This was a great end to a really good story. Yes, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan find always the nicest places to make their holidays :D

But Obi never loses his humor and in the end there`s mush ;)

Keep writing in such a away ;)

Angel_Skywalker
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.