main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi in deep

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Seldon, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I don't have cable
    so I was on the SW site trying to watch the episodes of Clone Wars. My computer was not working well and I saw very little.

anyway I saw part of an episode on Mar Calarmari where Kit Fitso is under water in a big battle.

I had a few questions
    HOw can battle droids be underwater and not be destroyed?

How can a lightsaber operate under water?

I just thought it was a little strange.

2. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Lucas said There is a secret to Kit Fitso's saber so it can activate under water.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    How do lightsabers exist at all? Light doesn't ever suddenly "stop" in midair. How are robots really that intelligent? How does a giant bubble destroy a planetary gun?

Because it's Star Wars, my dear friend. :D

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I know but in the movies it is always beliveable. When I saw that chapter underwater it was too far fetched. It did not have touches of reality which Lucas always puts in the movies. I don't know it just seemed strange. Lucas has some crazy things in his movies but you can always look at it and say "hey that could work for the SW universe" I just did not get that feeling when I saw that chapter.

If Lucas does not do it then it ain't star wars!

5. -General_Kenobi-

-General_Kenobi- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    It feels pretty much SW to me, and besides it's just a cartoon to ease the SW fans until the final movie. No need to take it so seriously. I was over all very impressed with the quality of the micro-series.

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Lucas said There is a secret to Kit Fitso's saber so it can activate under water.

Lucas has almost nothing to do with the animation series, he said no such thing. It was Paul Rudish who said that there is an extra crystal in Kit's saber that when underwater, it continue to activate and deactivate constantly, so it doesn't short out.

As for Battle Droids, we don't see many wires on them, maybe their casing is waterproof

7. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    We are able to have wires underwaters. Look at the underwater robots we use to explore wrecks. LAMS? Not sure what they're called, but they have wirees running from them to the ship, so we already know electronics can exist underwater. Of course, the smallest crack in their shell would fry them/crush them.

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    They're battle droids. They're designed to go into combat in a variety of areas, and would thus be hardened for use in any enviroment.

9. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    It's a cartoon as well, and this is when you have to use your imagination. But yes it's possible for the droids to be underwater as people have said.

10. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Most droids in SW seem to posses some sort of water proofing system.

11. JediMasterDylan

JediMasterDylan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 8, 2003
    GL deleted the scene from TPM where Obi Wan's saber shorts out due to getting wet for a reason...

12. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Lightsaber are actually pretty simple. All they are plasma weapons. Technically they could be made, they're just not practical.

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Technically no they can't.

14. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    jedi-Colonel13 You are thinking of R.O.V.s.

The droids can be waterproof and as long as their wires have enough insulation they could exist underwater. Electricity is used underwater. Usually everything is well insulated. I used electricity underwater with underwater burning (cutting metal for scrap).
    But having a solid, completely waterproof body opens up a new problem: pressure. As you descend deeper into the depths of the ocean, the pressure of the water above you increases. The battle droids were most likely made on the surface (at 1 atmosphere) and are battling at some depth; (1 atm increases at every 33ft of depth) their armor has to be able to withstand the external pressure.
    If light sabers are plasma, the only thing I ever seen close are plasma cutters. They can cut metal like butter, but they don?t look like light sabers.
    Ubi

15. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    Thank you Ubi for claryifying that. I couldn't get the letters, it was soo annoying. I don't think it would be that hard for the Seperatists to produce a Deep Sea Battle Droid version. Again, we have metals that can withstand the pressure and are watertight *unless compromised*. Of course, the entire physics of that episode are proposterous, but who cares :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.