main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Jedi, Incorporated (Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan, humor) Finished! Bonus ads added!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by XelanTa, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    So he's connected to the power generator. Interseting.

2. XelanTa

XelanTa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2004
    Chapter 10/M0: Mystery Chapter Rules

The goal of the Mystery Chapter is to find out the bad guy's weak spot. To do this: you muast answer the following three questions:

1. What is Emperor Electricon's weakness?
    2. Why does he have that weakness?
    3. How can the heroes use the weakness to defeat him?

I will be periodically posting up new sections of Chapter 10 (marked 10/M1, 10/M2, etc.) Each section will contain a different clue. You may post up answers to any or all of the three questions on this board and I will tell you if they are right or not. There is no penalty for wrong guesses, so feel free to speculate. I will provide feedback on your responses. Go for it!

The first clue will be posted later today.

3. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Here is your first hint:

A clue lies in chapter 9.

4. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Chapter 10/M1

"I think I might have an idea," Qui-Gon Jinn told Obi-Wan Kenobi through the comlink. "You'll need to get a midichlorian count for Emperor Electricon." Kenobi continued his lightsaber duel with the Emperor, and he eventually nicked the Emperor's shoulder, drawing blood. Using the power of the Force, Kenobi drew a small amount of blood out of the wound and into his midichlorian tester. He then rushed out of the room so he could read the results.
    "This stupid thing doesn't work", he told Qui-Gon Jinn. "You didn't get me one of those cheap midichlorian testers from CVS, did you?"
    "No, I didn't. That is definitely a good one. What's the problem."
    "Like I said, the stupid thing doesn't work! It says his midichlorian count is zero! But if that were true, then how could he be using the Force Lightning?"

"Maybe it isn't Force Lightning, young Padawan," Qui-Gon Jinn said.

5. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Chapter 10/M2

NOTE: If I do not receive any posts from those attempting to participate in the Interactive Mystery Chapter within 24 hours, I will terminate the Interactive Section and proceed with the remainder of the story.

Qui-Gon Jinn was stumped by the puzzle, so he decided to ask Yoda for help. Communicating through the Force, Yoda transmitted a cryptic quote:

"Pride makes one weak. Pride leads to vanity, vanity leads to power, and too much power ... leads to destruction."

-----------------------------
    Now what does the quote mean? And how is it related to Emperor Electricon's weakness? You can help us find out! Just post here with your speculations and guesses to participated in the Interactive Mystery Chapter!

6. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    ------ COMMERCIAL BREAK ------
    Note: This is another funny Jedi Knight commercial that belonged in Chapter 2 but I had the idea for it long after Chapter 2 was posted up. But it's funny enough that I wanted to share it with you, so just pretend this was in chapter 2.
    -----------------------------------
    VISUAL: Qui-Gon Jinn is piloting his hovercar through Coruscant. Suddenly, a Trade Federation Droid Starfighter comes up behind him and starts firing. He tries to dodge out of the way, but is hit by a laser bolt and crashes into a building.
    VISUAL: Cut to inside of damaged hovercar. Qui-Gon Jinn is uninjured, but is looking at the viewscreen, which says:
    ACCIDENT DATA RETRIEVED
    RISK ASSESSMENT: HIGH
    INSURANCE PREMIUM INCREASED
    QUI-GON JINN: Noooooooo!
    VOICEOVER: That wasn't so good. Let's try that again.
    VISUAL: Go back to original scene. The Droid Starfighter fires at Qui-Gon's hovercar. However, no laser shots hit yet. Cut to inside of hovercar.
    QUI-GON JINN: Qui-Gon Jinn to Jedi Dispatch. Inbound Droid Starfighter at coordinates 7742 by 6173. Requesting immediate assistance.
    VISUAL: Cut to outside. A Jedi Starfigher comes in from behind and destroys the Droid Starfighter. Qui-Gon's hovercar flies safely onward.
    VOICEOVER: Jedi Knights. A 15-second call could save you 15% or more on hovercar insurance.

-----------------------------

7. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    The answer to clue number one is the generator.
    Not sure what the Yoda message is though.

This is fun. Don't stop.

Next clue please.

8. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Chapter 10/M3

Qui-Gon Jinn thought about the clues. "I think Yoda said, "destruction", but there was a lot of static on the line, he might have said "electrocution". I know, we should have gotten the Sprint PCS Free & Clear Plan so that wouldn't happen, but too late to think about it now.", Qui-Gon though. Suddenly, his comlink beeped with a message from Kenobi. "I'm standing outside the control room now, and I see something really weird. It's like these cylindrical things, jutting out of the walls, with antenna-shaped things on their ends. It looks like they are emitting some sort of energy beams toward Emperor Electricon."
    Qui-Gon Jinn, however, had yeat another idea. "Wait a second. The word "power" in Yoda's message - do you think that could have more than one meaning?"

--------------------------

After three clue sections plus the clue from Chapter 9, can you figure out the answer to the riddle? Remember the three questions you need to answer, found in Chapter 10/M0, and see if you can figure out the solution.

9. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    They can either turn the power up and "overload" Electron or they can completly turn the power off and then destroy him as his power comes from the transponders. :D
    Am I right?

10. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    You are correct!

And by the way, here is the meaning of the Yoda quote:

"Pride makes one weak. Pride leads to vanity" - The reason for Emperor Electricon's weakness was pride. He had no Force sensitivity (thus the clue that his midichlorian count was zero) but he wanted others to believe he did.

"Vanity leads to power" - In order to make others believe he had Force power, he had himself hooked up to the power generator through the wireless power transponders so he could use the "Force lightning". The double meaning here is that "power" can refer to political or military power or it can also refer to electrical power, as it does here.

"Too much power ... leads to destruction" - The heroes can defeat Electricon by turning the power up (thus giving Electricon "too much power") and overloading his systems.

-----------------

Chapter 11 coming up soon!

11. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Chapter 11: Turning To the Light

"Qui-Gon Jinn to Obi-Wan Kenobi. I need your help down here in the generator room."
    Obi-Wan rushed down to the generator room to see what was going on. When he got there, he saw Qui-Gon Jinn ready to explain the problem.
    "The main control console in the generator room is over on that side of the room. But there's a Dark Jedi guarding it. Here is our plan. I will fight and distract the Dark Jedi. Then you access the control console and divert all the power into the Emperor's wireless power transponders to kill him."
    "But we have to get this straight first. I assume that not only does Emperor Electricon count as a Dark Jedi, but I will count as having killed him if we do this plan?"
    "Well, actually ... no. He's an Emperor, not a Darke Jedi. He is not even Force sensitive."
    "Wait a second. According to the Jedi Code, if a Padawan does not complete the Jedi Trials within fifteen years of being accepted as a Padawan, he is considered a failure and ejected from the Jedi Order. How much time do I have left."
    Qui-Gon looked at his chronometer. "About eight hours."
    "Then I don't like your plan. I'll kill the Dark Jedi, you deal with the control console."
    "Do not be so quick to kill, young Padawan. For there are better options. Anger is the path to the Dark Side."
    "Okay, so I'll try to convert him to the light side then?"
    "Good luck."

Meanwhile, back in the main control room, Emperor Electricon had another idea. "Those Jedi, they have over half of their most powerful members in this one facility. This is the perfect chance to deal a crippling blow to the Jedi Order." Emperor Electricon pushed a button on his chestplate.

Maximum security lockdown initiated.

"Now, let's see them deal with this." He pushed another button.

Facility self-destruct sequence initiated. 5 minutes to completion.

Fortunately, since the control module for the self-destruct sequence was located on the Emperor's chestplate, destroying the Emperor would terminate the sequence. But the clock was ticking...
    -----------------------
    Will Obi-Wan Kenobi be able to convert the Dark Jedi to the light side in time to save the day? How will he accpmplish such a Herculean feat? And will he be made a Jedi Knight, or will Qui-Gon find yet another loophole in the Code? Stay tuned for the next chapter of "Jedi, Incorporated", coming up next, only on the TFN FanFiction Forums!

12. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Chapter 12: Power to the People

Obi-Wan Kenobi approached the Dark Jedi.
    "I am Sith Lord Darth Chronat", the Dark Jedi said. "I consider Jedi to be stupid and primitive. Like that lightsaber of yours. Exactly the same technology for thousands of years. There is no way you will ever become powerful without embracing the new technology."
    "Is power all that is important to you?", Obi-Wan replied. "Jedi do not need technology. They get their power from the Force. Just look at that generator. Currently, the only thing powering it is the power of the light side of the Force."
    "But I don't just want electrical power", said Darth Chronat. "I want political power. And recognition. We Sith are cunning aand opportunistic. That is what is necessary to get ahead."
    "But what good have the Sith done for society?" replied Obi-Wan. "Jedi only kill people when we need to, to save other people, preferably those with speaking parts. You Sith just kill everyone, the innocent along with the guilty."

Self-destruct sequence in progress. 3 minutes.

Obi-Wan realized he had to think of something else, fast. "Okay, Darth Chronat, what do you really want in life?"
    "I want recognition, fame, and glory. I want everyone in the galaxy to know me when they see my face. My likeness shall be everywhere one looks. As well as cold hard cash, of course."
    "That's excellent", Obi-Wan replied. "If you help me, I'll give you a spot on our new ad campaign. And I'll also pay you over 500,000 credits per year to be our spokesperson."
    Darth Chronat began accesing the controls to redirect the power. "I do get health insurance, don't I?"
    "Oh yes", replied Obi-Wan, "you get plenty of health insurance. We have highly trained Jedi healers. You'll never need to go to a hospital again."

Self-destruct sequence in progress. 1 minute remaining.

Darth Chronat continued. "I also want a fully funded retirement pension, at least 20 vacation days per year, and - "
    "Okay, yes, you'll get all of that. Let's kill Emperor Electricon now."

Self-destruct sequence in progress. 30 seconds remaining.

"As of this moment, I have officially turned to the light side of the Force," stated Darth Chronat, as he pulled the last switch to overload Emperor Electricon's power transponders and defeat him once and for all.

Warning. Self-destruct control module malfunction. Sequence terminated.

Back in the control room, dozens of lightning bolts from the transponders crackled as they rushed through the Emperor's body. tThe Emperor gave his last scream of pain - AAAIIIIIIEEEEEEE - and was suddenly silenced.
    ---------------------------------

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Chronat, and dozens of other Jedi reconvened in the main control room to observe the Emperor's dead body and make plans for the future. But Darth Chrnoat had one thing to consider. "So what about that ad campaign"?
    Obi-Wan Kenobi had it all planned out. "See these transponders?"
    "Yes. Ancient Sith technology", Chronat replied.
    Kenobi continued. "We can scale up this technology to transmit the power we generate off this planet, through a network of satellites to places, especially space stations, that need it. Once we optimize the generator room for increased Force amplification, we can have teams of Jedi working in shifts to meditate on the generator shaft and use it to generate power. Then we can tranmit that power not only to people on Coruscant but to space stations all over the galaxy. Just charge some money for it - and our financial troubles wil be gone!
    "But why would anyone want this?"
    "You'll have to see the ad to find out."

---------

The final ad will be posted shortly!

13. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Chapter 12 Continued: The Final Ad

VISUAL: Inside of a space station. Darth Chronat flips a switch on the control console. A message comes up on the viewscreen: CHARGING SUPER WEAPON.
    AUDIO: Alarm sounds.
    VISUAL: Darth Chronat rushes to the escape pod.
    VISUAL: Cut to outside of station. Escape pod rushes away, and space station blows up.
    DARTH CHRONAT: My life's work ... destroyed!
    OBI-WAN KENOBI: As you can see from our advanced computer simulation based on actual incidents, faulty or unsafe power sources can destroy even the most well-designed battle station. In fact, over 75 percent of all space-station accidents can be traced to unsafe or unprotected main reactor cores. When you've spent billions protecting your space station from every large-scale attack imaginable, a catastrophic reactor-core explosion should be the last thing on your mind. That's where we come in. At the Jedi Electric Power Corporation, we've developed a system that generates power from the ultimate safe and renewable energy source: the Force itself. And we can beam that power into space stations all across the galaxy. Whether you're a good, noble Jedi Knight, like me, an evil Sith Lord bent on conquering the galaxy, like Darth Chronat here, or simply an ordinary upstart technology company looking to grow ultrapure silicon crystals in a microgravity environment, you want the safest, most reliable power source money can buy.
    DARTH CHRONAT: Ha, ha, ha, now with THIS, I will finally conquer the galaxy!
    OBI-WAN KENOBI: The Jedi Electric Power Corporation. We don't have trouble with our main reactors!

14. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Yay! I was right! But now will Obi ever become a Jedi Knight? Did turning the Dark Jedi to the Light Side count?

15. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Yes, he did become a Jedi Knight. Turning a Dark Jedi to the Light Side counts. I got the idea for the "kill/convert a Dark Jedi to become a Knight" from KOTOR. (the part where you land on Dantooine after levaing Taris and then go through a series of Jedi Trials that culminates in the fight with Juhani.) I forgot to include that part in the last chapter.

16. XelanTa

Jan 1, 2004
    Ultra Bonus!! Another Funny Ad

SCENE: Watto's shop from TPM. Obi-Wan and Wui-gon are talking to Watto.
    QUI-GON JINN: Do you have a T-14 hyperdrive generator?
    WATTO: Yessa, we do. Do yousa have the money?
    QUI-GON JINN hands WATTO his American Express card.
    WATTO: Thissa ain't gonna do. Meesa no take this credit card. No money, no parts, no deal.
    QUI-GON JINN waves his hand in WATTO's face to do a Jedi mind trick on him.
    QUI-GON JINN: American Express will do fine.
    WATTO: No. Meesa take Visa, but meesa no take American Express.
    QUi-GON JINN: Okay. Now we'll have to gamble on the Podrace, put our money on the underdog, and hope he wains, and if not, wer're screwed. And that's all becaus we have the wrong credit card.

VOICEOVER: Watto's Shop. It's one of the billions of places in the galaxy that take Visa, but they don't take American Express.

Visa. It's everywhere you want to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.