main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Killers

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by CodyDog, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I can just imagine a series of signs saying "JEDI FUD" and arrows pointing to an open doorway...
    :p

2. Nktalloth

Nktalloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    I can just imagine a series of signs saying "JEDI FUD" and arrows pointing to an open doorway...

Exactly, but with my friends it's more of a FREE BEER-> sign.

("Maybe it's a trap." "Who would lie about free beer?" "Good point. Onward!")

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    With a rail-gun though, technically a Jedi is still good against those if you're talking about large projectiles on the scale of desktop-globes.

Assuming the Jedi could still cleave the projectile in half with the lightsaber, as a GM I'd rule that a) a Jedi would still get Deflect (Defense) against it like any other solid projectiles (e.g. bullets) and b) that the velocity of a rail gun combined with the splitting of the projectile would make both halves miss the Jedi as they would diverge from the original course based upon the force of the energy transferred by the splitting.

4. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    It seems you're assuming the Lightsaber would impart momentum to the projectile. I've always imagined it would vaporize mater, but not exert a force on it unless it was charged or magnetized.

Now Telekinisis should be a wholly valid defense, which seems to be borne out by computer games like Jedi Knight Academy where Force Push can be used to knock away missiles and so forth.

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Well, you could argue that the Lightsaber blade is a charged magnetic field... That might cause the divergence. It certainly has a lot of energy, that is somehow confined to a 1 meter length.

6. Nktalloth

Nktalloth Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    I don't know if anyone ready this thread anymore, but here's an idea in one word: LAVA!

("Ho ho! So you can even deflect heavy cannon fire! But I have one thing which you can no' deflect..." "And what would that be?" "LAVA!" *Pulls a string* "OH SH-!" *sizzling*)

7. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    aye, ask mr skywalker senior senior about that ;)

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Asborb/Dissipate energy.
    Difficulty 40
    DC 50-80

9. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I would argue that a lightsaber is a magnetic field that bottles an ?energy filament? of some sort. However, my point was, a magnetic field wouldn't exert a force on a neutral-charge body. You might argue that the vaporized material becomes plasma, but the plasma would exert only a minute force on the relatively massive body.

10. Lufteg

Lufteg Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2006
    Easy to kill a Jedi, just dont get too close to them and blast away from a distance ;)

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    One of the things a lot of people seem to forget is that the ysalmiri are supposed to be RARE. Something only Talon Karde's group of smugglers and Thrawn were aware of.
    Also, any jedi actively using a force power would be instantly aware of walking into an Ysalmiri area because they'd loose their link to the force. In point of fact, I would probablly allow a perception roll to any jedi walking into the sphere of influence.

Throw some Vornskyrs onto the Jedi's trail. If the party is on the run from something, or just trying to keep a low profile, maybe a civilian has one as a pet. Or maybe local law enforcement uses them. heh. That might force the jedi in the party to keep an excedingly low profile & use role-playing rather than roll-playing.

12. Dashade_Mercenary

Dashade_Mercenary Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2006
    Ive got a question. Everyones been say how jedi can deflect energy and vaporize slugs, But what about sound? The Dashade im playing has the Sonic Pistol (5d6 damage) made by them and i was woundering if jedi could block it? If not then sound weapons seem like a decent way of killing Jedi. I was also woundering if a shot from my pistol could destroy a jedis lightsaber?

I mean, just imagine it. Me "I shoot at the jedi with my pistol.", PC"I deflect it." GM" The shoot passes right past your defence and hits you for a masive 5d6 points of damage." PC" WHAT!!!?"

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Depends on your interpretations, honestly.

Stun settings pass right through lightsabers, so there's no reason to suspect that sonic beams wouldn't either. However, if you rule that sonic damage is a concentrated beam of soundwaves you could rule that it could be absorbed (but not reflected) like solid slugs would be, given that a lightsaber could theoretically incinerate anything it intersected (including light and/or sound waves).

14. Dashade_Mercenary

Feb 15, 2006
    If also got a way that im gonna have my jedi problem fixed. I have a briefcase full of explosives, and in combat imgonna tossit like a weapon and the jedi will probably cut it in half with his lightsaber, after that then boom. no more jedi.

If he doesnt, i still have a remote detinator. and im save in melee combat because i have cortosis weave in my armor and pistol. I can just see it now.

PC " I attack the cloaked opponent." GM " Your lightsaber conects but is meet with some resistence and sotps cold." ME " Since this would shock the crap out of a jedi, i want to use this time to make an intimidation check to demoralize him."

15. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    I don't think you get a chance to demoralize bc you be trying to figure out what happen to your weapon. If anything you be getting demoralized bc of your thinking onlying about your weapon at the moment.

16. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    I would play it as that it can pass through lightsabers, but can be stopped by the force. If the force is in everything, including sound, and jedi can influence the force, than they should be able to stop it.

17. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    yeah but blaster bolts are part of the Force, as the Force is everything, but it doesn't work that way i don't think? *shrug*

18. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Vader did a good job of 'influcing' Han's blaster bolts in ESB. o_O

19. Dashade_Mercenary

Feb 15, 2006
    Thats true, but he also had on that specail armor of his. and i think thats what stoped the bolts.

20. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Not according to EU, where Horn uses the same Force ability to absorb the energy from blaster bolts.

21. Dashade_Mercenary

Feb 15, 2006
    I think i found an interesting way to make a jedi go hand to hand. One of my friends told me that the blade of a lightsaber is held in place by powerful magnetic feilds. So, assuming this is true, if there is a powerful magnetic force nearby, then their lightsaber could be disrupted to the point of failer to hold the blade.

22. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    That could be true, but you'll have to firm up some of the enigmatic physics behind lightsabers.

Supposing a lightsaber uses magnetic fields as we know them (and I presume it's not because we don't see lightsabers attracting diamagnetic materials), then what you purpose would work only if the opposing magnetic field is in the correct orientation to oppose the lightsaber?s magnetic field. That?s one orientation out of the nearly infinite orientations the lightsaber could be in relation to the magnetic fields with three degrees of freedom.

It might just be easier to use the magnetic field to kill the Jedi outright. :p

23. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    X-45 + Sharpshooter + lots of distance = dead Jedi

Or in a standard battle have the Sharpshooter attack the Jedi's saber. Since it'd be unlikely the sharpshooter would be able to attack the Jedi themselves.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That'd be tough, especially if said Jedi has Uncanny Dodge, since it's actually harder to hit the lightsaber than the Jedi, due to size + held/carried modifiers...

25. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Help me out here, what's the significance of the X-45?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.