main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Jedi Knight 2 Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JonnyFlamehead, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Ok guys I've just finished putting up a dedicated Linux server for Jedi Knight. The IP address is 24.120.86.207, so in multiplayer go to favorites and then hit new favorite and type in that address. It should also show up in the main internet server list as Twin Suns Syndicate. Right now it's a free for all server but I might change it to a dueling server, because that's the best way to play this game! Let me know guys how this is working. Tell me what kind of ping times you're getting. It's a slow machine but it doesn't have to do any graphics rendering so it should be ok. I played on it last night with 3 other local friends and there was NO lag. So look for my server and tell me what you think. Any ideas of what you want me to do, as in server settings, like lightsaber only, no force, etc... let me know on AOL instant messanger or just private message me.

2. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    also another option is to have it be password protected so only the Henderson FF people can get in. That way there aren't any punks in there to ruin somebody's fun. Or if we all want to play and we can't get in becasue it's full. Instead of calling me up to kick people out, the password will only allow people from the FF in. let me know. Right now it's not password protected and there are about 3 people in there I don't know.

3. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ...heh, another thing I forgot to mention is you won't be able to get in if you don't have to 1.03 patch installed. you can get it here http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/jedioutcast.htm

Also I have downloaded extra skins, like Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Boba and Jango Fett and some others so you may not get in if you don't have those skins unless I enable autodownloading which I can't find the server option for. So if someone can find that and give it to me I'll put it in the config file. Untill then I've been getting skins, maps, and models from here http://www.jedicenter.com/

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Awesome job!

5. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Great, I just got the game and cant wait to join up!!!!!!!!

6. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Ok guys I'm taking the server down for most of today because I need to use it for something else for a while. I'll probably have it back up tonight.

Has anyone been on it yet?

7. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Ok guys! The server is back up. The IP is the same as it was: 24.120.86.207 or look in the server list for Twin Suns Syndicate. I switched it back over to Free For All and I added two BOTS incase the server gets epty. If you guys don't want them you can do a vote to kick each bot and they'll go away. Also make sure you have the 1.03 patch or you won't get in, and also make sure autodownloading is turned on under setup.

Also if you want to see people being cut in half bring up your console by pushing shift + ~ and type cg_dismember 1

that should work...

8. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    This is cbielich and I am going to have a linux server up today Jonny. I will fill in details when I am done with it. Also give me some tweaks that you might want on the server and that goes for anyone else out there who wants a custom server. For instance if you want the gravity low or walk through walls. Stuff like that :)

C

9. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    I just tryed to use the quake pak0 file instead and it didnt work, oh well I tryed. Jonny get me that jedi pak0 file asap dood.

C

10. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ...I'm not sure how well low gravity will work because with force jump it makes you jump really high to begin with, and if low gravity was on you'd probably end up jumping so high you'd die when you landed.

As far as other tweaks I'd like to stay as close to pure as possible. But we'll talk about it.

I can send you all the .pk3 files that are on my server as soon as you give me your FTP address. Do you need the Linux jedi knight 2 server files also? I can send that too if you need it and also a list of variables that I know of...

batman782@lvcm.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.