main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Jedi Knight 2 LAN Party

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cbielich, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Ok, Im not sure if all of you know what a LAN party is but basically everyone brings their computer to one place and games all night with each other, with chips and soda :) I thought that we could plan a LAN party at the church. I know that we would need access to a switch or something but I think that galexy can do that for us. Lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

2. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    dude! you just read my mind! I am totally up for that! I have a 16 port 10/100 hub I could bring and also the linksys router. I know the hub is not a switch but it's woked fine for LAN parties before.

Hey Acthar! you can still play with us too if you want! we'll just give you the IP!

3. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Who HOOO! JK2 Lan party! Lan Party! Lan Party! Lan Party! Lan Party! Lan Party! Lan Party! Lan Party! Lan Party! We need to seriously burn a CD with all the skins and maps on it though, Johnny, you want to get together on this and compile a list?

4. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    yeah, I can do that!

5. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Well it looks like we are going to do this so we are going to need to find a place first, anyone have any ideas

C

6. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    yeeeeehawwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
    im sooo down with this idea!!!!!
    i already have a few cd-r's with maps & skins, just let me know who wants them.
    we should at least establish a universal cd so everyone has the same stuff. I also have a ftp site with all the maps and skins i've downloaded, but its my friends in utah so you will have to e-mail or p/m me to get it.

As for the switch, i can help young padawan's, but if flamehead has a hub & router that works, we should probably use that. If worse comes to worse we can find somthiing.
    Lets not just talk about this, and DO IT
    we need to set a time, we all know the place
    whose in charge of this??????????

lets do it!!!!!!
    peace~~

7. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    cant do it at regular Saturday night hangout???
    its so close to all the food places!
    i dont think they would mind, plus its big enough.

8. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Well talk with vic, bryan since you to have the access to do this. Him with the keys and you with the LAN. we can make it instead of a RPG night make it a game night for jk2 or something. Also I have an ftp site up too that has anonymous login so that anyone can login in at anytime. Let me know if you want me to put everything up there.

C

9. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Ok well I have a couple Idea's but I'd have to clear with some people first.

1.) We could use one of my Labs that aren't being remodeled at UNLV. I have one lab that has 25 computers in it with HUGE desks. There is no carpet so if there is a spill or something it's no bid deal. There's also a projector so we could have the movies playing on the wall or whatever? The problem is, is that the monitors are only 15-17 inch with only one 19" so you'd might want to bring you own monitor and definately your own CPU because those computers SUCK for gaming. Which I'm sure people had In mind anyway.

2.) The other Idea is there is another lab that I run, but it's not "mine" so I'd have to ask a few people for permission. It's a smaller, nicer lab with carpet and 21 2.8 Gigaherts computers with 32meg gforce 2 cards and 15" flat screens. You guys wouldn't have to bring you own CPU if you didn't want to, or those that don't have good computers, or no computer could use one of these. I use Norton Ghost so we could do whatever we wanted as far as installing.

Both of these possibilites would allow us to just hook into the existing switches that we have, but like I said I'll need to ask first just to make sure...so I'll get on that.

10. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Wow.....I dont know what to think....(tears)..I have finally found my people...'sniff' 'sniff'....(wipes tears)...I think I love you all...

Anyway, I'm totally down with this idea, tell me how I can help!!!!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! TSS Rulz ALL!!!

11. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    :)

Ok I know for sure that we can use one of my labs for a Lan party. So whenever you guys want to do it is cool with me. We'll have to go with suggestion number one that I listed above, I think that would be better anyway.

So I'll start off: I'm free Saturday and Sunday night this week and next week I'll be able to do it probably friday night.

Other than that the church is fine too so that's up to you guys.

There are also a TON of food places around UNLV! And we can use the our T1 so Acthat can join in the party from CA!!

12. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Thats true cause we may not be able to get a routable IP from the church and we can just play of the server thats there! DOOD that is going to be so fun.

C

13. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ok It's on!

Inaen you want to help? call every one you know that would be remotely interested and that has a computer that could keep up with the game. Also make sure they have NICs so they can play. Also if someone is interested in playing but doesn't have a computer post that on here and see if anyone has a spare laying around for em. So far it looks like there is only 3 people posting on this thread, so lets wait till more people show interest.

14. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I can help make this happen at the church, but is sounds like Flamehead's UNLV idea might be a lot easier.

Let me know, and let me know if you want me to advertise this as a 'Fan Force Activity', so that others who are interested can show up. All I need is a date, time and place.

You guys rule!

15. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    SEE the TSS really does rule ALL
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

16. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Yeah we rule all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I can get extra NIC cards if people need them

C

17. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Do you want to do the LAN party this saturday night instead of a game? We will be missing Moka, Gerson, and Darkstar to name a few...

18. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    that's all up to you guys, I can do it as soon as this saturday if you'd all like. Or we can wait till next week for Klarc, and all them... I have no preference, I'd even be up for both, but then the RPG would be held off too long. ALso I think it should be advertised as a TSS activity, and all are invited. But I won't be able to provide computers for people, you'll have to bring your own computer. BYOC :)

19. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    the earliest i can do it is next thursday (7-18) and Saturday (7-20). I have to work @ the church this sat. night, but its only every other week now since steph went back to school.
    doesn't mean you all cant play, but i'm soo there on the days i can.
    let me know~
    peace~~

20. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    I think that we should wait till everyone or most of the people can do it. We should advertise it and plan it out that way we can get tons of people and we can introduce more people to TSS.
    Also we can have a pre LAN party too for those of use who can do it now :)

C

21. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    yeah we'll deffinately have a larger turn out for next Sat. (7-20) so lets shoot for that I guess. IF you guys want to have a smaller one ealier that's all cool with me, but we'll have to find another date besides this Saturday so we can still make the RPG.

22. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Tonight is fine with me, and anytime next time next week.

23. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Im free all next week

C

24. Ekrin

Ekrin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    i think it would be cool but i dont have a copy of the game or a nic card.

25. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I think you all are a bunch of computer nerds with far, FAR too much time on your hands...... :) but I'll let it slide cause you're all pretty cool..... but just so you know I understood nothing that was said in this entire thread..... :D have fun....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.