Jedi knight at the improv

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by strawbary, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have formally announced the after party. if everyone can get the word out that would be great.

I will be bringing the playdoh no worries :)
    I will need a head count asap since I will be providing the cake for the afterparty and will need to know how many to feed.

I will be working on snack donations for this.. shouldnt be a prob. How will the dinner work with soda... does all that end at 7 ish? If so I will be getting a donation from my work for punch/juice. I work for a dairy distributor so I will be bringing cheese and crackers and helluva good dips .

we also supply arizona ice tea and nesquick milkshakes... believe me I will be nagging the boss for these donations LOL the fun part will be for us to transport it. I believe we have a plant in Pa will have to see how far it is from the hotel.

It will be best to have an accurate head count as soon as possible so I can have correct numbers for the donations :)

2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    My mom is a cake decorator for Wal-Mart. I can get her to buy a sheet cake at a discount if you want? I know she can pimp it out with Star Wars stuff too.
  3. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    you can ask her what it would cost. I was going to make a sheet cake but it would be much easier to have someone local make it. :)

if she needs stuff for the cake let me know.

I have a question for greencat....... as far as dishes go for the con - I know they clear everything away at 7ish but will they still supply us with plates for the afterparty? Otherwise I need to see if I can find some SW paperware on clearance ;)
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Party City has a ton of Star Wars paper plates and napkins. I can have Ginger pick som eup on her way home from work for me one day.
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    cool beanies :)

If there is anything u want to add to the improv post please do. a friend of mine was online late last night and lectured me - Family friendly afterparty? come on!!!!! LOL

I let eeryone know there WAS a bar across the hall. LOL
    So, I dunnno ;)

6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    She doesn't know it yet.....but since my wife is pregnant she has volunteered herself to be my DD for tha night.
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    well, its just me and the hubby that weekend... [face_devil] ......there is a big reason we got a hotel room at the con hotel. After working all day on the awards I will be ready for a cool... er... beverage......

O:)
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I was going to get a room at the con and just hangout all weekend. But I decided it would leave me with more money in pocket. I only live a half hour away, not a long drive, especially that late at night. Plus I'm trying to put a deck on my house in the next month or two, all the extra money I can save the better.
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I hear ya there. I really didnt want to soend the extra money however..... its only 50.00 more a night then one 4 miles away. I figured what the hell.

Besides I just won the diet bet at work today and won 100.00 so that literally pays for one night at the con :)

Im going poor as poor can be and if it werent the awards I wouldnt go. As it is the awards already put me out quite a bit so I dont think I will be spending anything at the con that weekend LOL

10. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Not to mention all the baby stuff I am going to have to buy here shortly. Ginger is having 2 showers though so hopefully we get alot of stuff from those.
  11. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    When we bought the house last summer I cleared out all of the baby stuff and only kept the keepsakes.

Otherwise I would have a ton of clothes for you LOL.... Its always nice to have new your first one anyhow :) With 2 showers u guys should be set! :)

Is she registered anywhere?

And yes we are off topic but oh well LMAO
  12. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Not yet, we are waiting until next month to register. We should find out what the baby will be then we will go off and register. My brother has a little boy and a little girld so either wya we are getting some stuff from them.
  13. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    terry, have u spoken to your mom about the cake yet?
  14. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ummmm, the food service is until 8PM, not 7PM. So they won't clear away the food until then.
  15. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok.... this will go rigth after the awards. Are we having a brief intermission for this? bathroom break?

We will need about 15 min to bring the cake out terry is bringing and set up refreshments.
    I have various props for the tables [face_devil] as well.

If anyone has any ideas for this humor wise let me know.
    Greencat suggested Vader as a car salesman and yoda on a job interview.

Is there anyone in your group who would like to help with this, you guys already have enough on your plate, lets get some fresh meat in here just for this.

The main nitty gritty has been planned for this, we will need a body and some skit ideas.

Terry do u still need paper goods for this?
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok recap:

For after party for food we will have:

a cake congrats award winners
    Cheese/crackers
    Juice
    pretzels

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I up'ed the party thread in the cr forum I am hoping there will be more talk about it now.

alot of people dont know about it and I am hoping we can get the word out more... can anyone help posting this? or do we even want to have this? Im not sure how many will want to stay afterwards.. but u never know

17. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Those who live nearby or have hotel rooms will probably want to hang out. I've got a long drive home, so I won't stick around too late. I'll need to be back by 10:00 on Sunday to prepare for the costume panel. My costume for Sunday takes awhile to put together.
  18. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    the awards will run till about 10 pm Im guessing :)
  19. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll probably leave immediately after.
  20. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    :_|

did u still need to find someone to crash with?
  21. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I ordered the 1/2 sheet cake. The lady I talked to said it should be plenty. I got the Darth Vader kit for the cake (it was that or nothing I'm afraid). I will have to pick it up saturday morning before I come to the con. I will have my jeep if it's possible just tostore it in there until we need it? Or do we have to refrigerate something like that?
  22. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    as long as the frosting is not buttercream and it doesnt have a filling it should be fine. U might want to call them back and let them know it wont be refrigerated.

When ever u pick it up you can store it in my room so its not outside :) no worries there.If anyone needs to store anything food wise or whatever crud they have they can use my room as storage I have no problem with
    that :)

Thansk for ordering the cake terry u rock!
  23. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Why no buttercream? I was told by my mom that if we can't get the cake refrigerated buttercream was the way to go so it wouldn't melt. She decorates cakes for a living so I think we should go with that kind. If we can't get it refrigerated then that would be a good idea to keep th ecake in your room.
  24. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe she meant whipped cream? Buttercream has more body and would stand up to heat better, but would not leave in the jeep if it's in the sun. Room temp would be good.

As to "crashing," I'm wearing a different costume each day (Sat. & Sun.). It would be as much trouble to pack for this as it was to pack for Dragon*Con, where I stayed for three nights. I live about 65 miles away and I'd rather drive than deal with the major inconvenience of packing all my costume stuff for a one night stay. :)

It's also cheaper and cheaper is better right now.
  25. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Im sorry I did mean buttercream... geeez... (sorry multi tasking at work) you want to stay away from the whipped LMAO..

[face_blush]

Well, if its easier to store some of your costumes in my room you can, change do whatever thats fine.... I can loan out my room for what u guys need. no worries there!

Again sorry for the confusion terry LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.