main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Knight I

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Obi-Con_Kenobi, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Con_Kenobi

Obi-Con_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2003
    I bought JK II and played through the game, followed the storyline, etc., but I have never played JK I and don't have the opportunity, much less the cash, to buy it. Could someone fill me in with jus a breif summary of the storyline please?

2. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    You don't have ten bucks to buy it?

3. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
  4. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Check the bargain bins. Its pretty rare these days and one may question the value of buying such a dated product. It was fun for its day, but it is by no means a classic.

5. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    JK1 = Best. Star Wars Game. Ever.

While this may be a redundant thing to say on its own, I've given my position on this game on multiple occasions, such as here and more recently here.

6. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I think the storyline is more interesting in the first one. At least it has cinematics, albiet all the background are computer generated I think. :confused:

7. Floating_Home

Floating_Home Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    I recently bought a laptop for very little money froma friend of mine. Its has a crap graphics processor, so I've been loading it with some of my older games that it can handle. One of these was Jedi Knight. I forgot how much I owned at that game. I mean, I seriously kick ass.

8. JP30ISGOD

JP30ISGOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    FH: You wear your modesty right out there on your sleev, dontcha? :D I'm not so bad myself at that game...

JK is amazing! I love the plot and it's one of the few games I like that I can run at full speed with my Piece-of-crap computer. :p I think the cutscenes were really awesome, and although the ones in JKII were good, I still prefer the acting in the "real" cutscenes. I thought the game was a classic, heck, I still do, and for me, it's right up there with XWA, DF, and SWGB:CC.

9. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Awesome game. Awesome storyline and characters. A lot of them are featured or at least mentioned in my current fanfic, actually. JK had a big impact on my 14th year, which was, hands down, my best thus far.

I wouldn't mind playing this game again from time to time. Rich convinced me to play it Saturday, and I actually have a really good time. Whupped ass, too. So...you know...I'm always ready to play. ;)

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Whupped ass, too. So...you know...I'm always ready to play."

Yeah, that 250+ ping always helps, doesn't it?

11. Floating_Home

Floating_Home Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    Anyone up for a game?

12. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    E-mail Terra, he's abit of a newb and always up for a game.

Be sure to call him a wuss.

13. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Gimme a time, F_H, and I'll try to be there. Sadly, this week is pretty tied up. I'm free most nights, late, also Thursday, and possibly Friday, though hopefully not, as I am supposed to have company then.

And Saturday looks utterly devoid of anything intersting, so if you wanna spice up my weekend with a game of JK then, I'd be happy to play then, as well. :p ;)

14. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Loved that game.

Still play it on my grandfathers computer when I can. :D

15. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    JK > JK2
    JK = Classic

And shut up, Solo :p

16. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    A newb? Lol, no, he's Mr. "Use the Lag"

What the hell that means. :confused:

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I think Jedi Knight would also get my vote for best Star Wars game.

18. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    You guys never learn. The lag = the force...course, now I'm on Broadband the fact I'm simply better than you and Rich put together comes into it :p

19. Jedi_Solo

Jedi_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    The game made me feel more like I was in the SW universe than jkII. And it is on gamespy which is a plus

20. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, excepting graphics-wise, JK owns JO. That makes JO fun to play MP, but not much otherwise. Maybe one day if I'm reaaaaally bored, I'll go for the SP again. But I finished it in like 10 freaking days first time around, no cheats. It's *boring*.

Terra- You're saying you *don't* have your precious lag anymore? Then maybe I can actually hit you once in a while. I never unerstood how no matter how good the ping, I could slice and slice and never kill you.

21. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    *Dons teaching hat and pulls out blackboard.*

Well, Conn, the first thing to understand is that your computer and my computer still have lag between them.

*Underlines LAG on the board*

This means that, for example, your computer might think I'm in one place when, in actuality, I'm not. This can lead to you thinking you've hit me, when you haven't!

It can also lead to the sound of a hit when there was no hit. The only guarantee of a hit is the shield sound, which is synchronised between both computers.

*Underlines SHIELD SOUND on the board.*

So you see. When you think you hit me and I don't take damage it's not cheating, h4x0ring or otherwise it's...

Altogether now kids....

LAG!

This has been a Terra informational post.

22. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    (That came out so much more sarcastically than I intended, but hey, it's all good :))

23. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    No, I know all that, dude. (omg, it's contagious!) But the point is, how can you *use* this to your advantage. IE- You always hit me, and usually it's a kill on the first hit. Whereas I figure that due to the lag it's all random, but at least part of the time I must get lucky and hit you, and yet, never a kill.

And what is this shield sound of which you speak?

24. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Lesson 2. KILL KILL KILL

*Dons hat and wipes board clear*

Well class, last lesson we learned what the lag is. Now "How can you use it?"

Well, it's very simple.

*Draws a Terra on the blackboard.*

This is where you think I am, Conn. This is where you aim. YOU ARE VERY VERY WRONG AND FOOLISH TO DO THIS!

I am actually...

*Draws a Terra 2 inches away.*

...here. See the difference?

So, when I see you at position A, I think "Hmmm, she'd be moving towards me..." So I aim at a point where you WILL be, not where you APPEAR to be!

Tada! Got it?

Oh, and the shield sound is the TSCHHH sound, the normal hit sound is the UGHHH sound.

25. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    I need to buy Jedi Knight again. I just got Jedi Knight II from a friend today, and I haven't played it yet, but I remember how cool the first one was, mysteries of the Sith expansion too, and I'm sure its not too expensive to get. Mutliplayer online in JK1 with hacks was the best! I remember the automatic rapid fire concussion rifle. I had some good times with that one (particularly the time I got told that I sucked because I used cheats, but then came back w/out them and wooped up... ahh good times)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.