main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Knight II and III Story Discussion

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Timothor, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    I firmly believe that Jedi Knight II and III follow the Star Wars story firmly and its characters are part of its universe. After all Kyle is in the official databank and what doesnt apply or fit in the Star Wars universe in the two games?

From Desann to Tavion and the Disciples of Ragnos, the story is clearly not just a game that is not faithful to the films etc.

This thread is up to discuss not the game itself, but the story, characters and why it is or is not part of the Star Wars universe etc...

Desann, my favourite character is stronger than Luke Skywalker and is either stronger or nearly as deadly as Darth Vader.
    Why?
    Answer:
    Desann could easily kill Luke, and Luke beat Vader right? Desann's thrashing of Luke proves he is the superior, and with such ease at defeating Luke at that stage of skill as a Jedi proves he would be a match for Vader. Kyle beat Desann coz he outsmarted him and made a pillar crush him. :(

Yup. Tavion is weak. She failed to put up a proper fight against Kyle, and once more, even with the Sceptre of Ragnos, fell before the Jedi Jaden. Her apprentice Alora was being trained by one who hadnt even completed her training herself. Thus Alora was even weaker...

With Desann's defeat, and since Tavion never finished her training, the Reborn; army of lesser Dark Jedi, was defeated. The Cultists Tavion assembled were pathetic, empowered by the Sceptre. A pitty the Reborn, given their strength by Desann and the Valley of the Jedi, had to be given Tavion as a new leader.

As well, why do you think Admiral Galak Fyyar made the alliance with Desann? Any theories on how that alliance formed. Correct me if I am wrong, but Galak is the creator of the Darktroopers right?

Well, so much to the Jedi Knight series. Any thoughts?

2. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    If I may say so, Tavion put up a better fight in JK3 than Desaan in JK2. I was disappointed with Desaan's quick demise.

Force Speed + Strong Saber Style = pwnx0red Desaan.

While I liked JK3, truly, Jaden is difficult to fit into continuity for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Rohm Moch created the Dark Troopers long before the events of JK2. Galak was the one who created the Shadowtroopers.

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    "Kyle beat Desann coz he outsmarted him and made a pillar crush him"

That's gameplay and thus not a canon fact as far as I'm aware.

From what I remember of JO, Desann didn't beat Luke, they fought to a draw, and Luke tends to not kill his students until there's no other choice. In fact, I don't think he's ever killed a one. Pretty shaky to claim based on a random fight that Desann is as strong as Vader.

4. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    Actually Desann made short work of Luke. Both fought well and long, but Desann thought he killed Luke coz he got some stuff to fall on him if i remember correctly.

Tavion was weak in JK2, but in JK3 she was pretty good. But admit, Alora did not get too far.

You cannot judge a character by only gameplay because player skill makes a huge difference.
    Tavion still is not too good even in JK3. She got beaten and she had the Sceptre of Ragnos!

But it also depends on which side you want Jaden to go to. She gets possessed by Ragnos if you play good, but if you play evil she goes down easily.

Sorry about my mistake about Galak.

Reelo by the way is a Jabba wannabe. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.