main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Jedi Knight II Players, get ready to represent the Henderson FF!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    go here and check out the details:

http://www.gateway.com/country/promotions/challenge/index.shtml

You need to register (there is a link to do so) and this things lasts for several days.

You?ll play in an arena with up to 16-computer-generated adversaries. The mission: Wipe out 12 computer-generated opponents as fast as possible. Each player plays two matches a day and can play once each day of the tournament. Your ranking will be based on your best times.

You have a chance at winning $25,000 just by registering, and up to $60,000 if place in the game rankings. At least, that's what I thought I read there.

If you intend on playing, the Henderson FF wants to support you. Post here if you registered and are going to give it a shot.

Next, I am looking for a few people to go down in costume and support whoever plays. I am thinking at the very least, we'll go stand with them and take a picture- that shouldn't take too much time, plus we can stick it on our site (once that is up). So if you are willing to jump in costume and to take a picture or two at the Gateway store (and maybe go get a latte at Starbucks in costume), please post here as well.

I will be the first to say if Henderson FF has players to go (Edylarn, Flamehead?), I will go down in costume and back them up for a little while.

So, who wants to get their game on ($$$), and who wants to get there costuming on?

2. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    well I would like to play in this event. The problem is, it's not just lightsaber dueling it's a free for all, so it looks like I'll need to start practicing that. But I do intend on playing at least one of the days if not more, probably Saturday and Sunday. Anyway I just finished registering but I hope I'm not the only one playing

3. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ok I just finished like three free for all games. I got third place on the first one, fouth place on the second one, and 6 place on the third one. That's out of 16 people, so it's not bad. but I'm gonna need to be a lot better because the first and second place people were like 9 or 10 kills ahead of me. So now i'm nervous... heh!

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    WIN THE BIG MONEY FLAMEHEAD!

5. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Inean and I have started playing the multiplayer version of this game... I totally worked him but that is beside the point.. Anyway, I have registered and will give it my best. I will probably get my butt handed to me but it'll be fun and I can say I tried. I will devote my next few days entierly on playing that game and getting the controls down and stuff... May the force be with Flamehead and KlarcDarkstar (thats my handle for the tournament).
    ~DARKSTAR

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Awesome. If you guys, Inaen, Flamehead and Darkstar, figure out a time that you may all be at Gateway together, then I and whoever else that is willing will come down in costume and support you. We will get our picture taken together for the Fan Force archives as well.

Let me know.

7. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I was thinking some time after 12pm?

8. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I changed my mind, I'm not going to be able to make it Saturday. So I'll try Sunday or some day during the week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.