Jedi Knights Card Game

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by JediCias, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCias Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I recently bought The Alliance deck of the card game Jedi Knights i have seen many other star wars card games like it, like Young Jedi
    i asking if these are the same or what?
    thanks
  2. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well there are 3 games made by Decipher, one of which is the game you have, Jedi Knights. Decipher can no longer produce those games because their license expired and Lucasfilm did not renew it. Go here for more info on the Jedi Knights Game.

Lucasfilm awarded the license to a company called Wizards of the Coast who make other popular games like Magic and Pokemon. They designed a new card game that just came out a few months ago and is gaining popularity more and more every day. Go here for more information on the new game.

For very detailed info on the differences of the 4 Star Wars card games, go to this thread

Look at Bubba the Genius and Artie Deco comments which are very informative.
  3. bountyhunter2999 Jedi Master

star 4
    They're very informative.
  4. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally I wouldn't invest anymore money in Jedi Knights, unless you are interested in "collecting" it. From a playing perspective, I hate to say it, but the game is pretty much dead. It never really got off the ground. Just too much Decipher product, all coming out too fast. I personally liked the cards very much and my son and I played until just recently. Not as much fun (but less complicated) as the CCG. The JK tournament director in our area is moving to Florida (at least the last time I spoke to him). We never had a large player base to begin with. Enough to at least help me complete my tournament foil collection! :)

If you're interested in playing a Star Wars game, the WOTC TCG is the only currently sanctioned game producing new cards. The CCG still has life (and is frankly growing in my area), but you've got to be willing read and become familiar with a lot of cards. Depends on the type of game you're interested in (if you want to play), and the player base in your area.

I'd check the Decipher tournament locator at www.decipher.com or the TCG tournament locator to see what is actually being played in your area. I'm sure someone here will provide a link to the TCG for you.

R'Bolt
  5. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not many JK tournaments to be found. This is everything in Decipher's tournament database from today forward....

Location Game Date Time Deck Type Address

Comic Con Jedi Knights TCG 8/4/2002 10:00:00 AM Constructed San Diego, California
    United States

P&N Rare Coins Jedi Knights TCG 8/3/2002 1:00:00 PM Constructed Auburn, Alabama
    United States

nocabemostodosjuntos Jedi Knights TCG 8/2/2002 1:00:00 PM Constructed Santiago, Other
    Chile

Mammoth Comics Jedi Knights TCG 7/28/2002 11:00:00 AM Constructed Tulsa, Oklahoma
    United States

Evasion Jedi Knights TCG 7/22/2002 9:00:00 AM Constructed sandwiller, Other
    Luxembourg

THUNDERFORGE GAME FAIR Jedi Knights TCG 7/20/2002 10:00:00 AM Constructed Pearl City, Hawaii
    United States

La Ronda Jedi Knights TCG 7/18/2002 3:30:00 PM Constructed Barcelona, Other
    Spain

But if you're just interested in playing JK for fun, you can sure do that....

6. rfuthey Jedi Knight

star 1
    The good thing about Jedi Knights is that it's cheap to buy cards for. I played in a sealed deck tournament and got 18 boosters for $6
  7. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heh. I just held a Young Jedi sealed deck tournament on Saturday where everything was FREE. I gave every player a starter and 5 boosters, and for prizes gave them another starter and 4 more boosters! :) Got the cards from another TD who said he'd never use them....

8. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Curious what type of turn out you had for the YJ tournament? Is Decipher now allowing tournament support for 4 player tournaments, or is 8 still the minimum?

JK booster boxes (as per the thread) are fairly cheap on ebay. Great for building a card base.

R'Bolt
  9. Artie-Deco Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, we had 10 players, including me. (I hate odd numbers in a sealed deck....) This was part of the DPC Houston event. Unfortunately, this was the only part I could attend. Alan Denny, who ran the event, asked me to judge the YJ tournament for him.

Half of those were "regulars". A friend of mine taught his son and his son's friends (all ages 6-10 or so) how to play YJ, and they hold tournaments every so often. My friend and his son were out of town, but their friends came.

Three of the players were SW:CCG players who came because the top player would get a free entry to the SW:CCG tournament the next day.

And one player (Brian something - don't remember his last name) came because he got the dates mixed up and thought this day was the day for SW:CCG. Alan talked him into playing YJ, and poor Brian went 0-3. He came up to Alan and me between games and lamented how he had just been beaten by a kid who was just then reading his SW coloring book. :D

As to your question R'bolt, Decipher doesn't support the tournaments anymore, the PC does. And they've relaxed the requirement to 4 players to sanction. Decipher just lets us post tournaments and results and track ratings on their website, that's all. Decipher gave all their SW:CCG/YJ/JK prize support to the PC.

10. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Some interesting information at theforce.net with respect to a new Jedi Knight league.

Here is the link:
    http://www.theforce.net/ccg/index.html#17518

R'bolt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.