main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Masks - Worth buying or not?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Eeth_Koth_is_dead, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Eeth_Koth_is_dead Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2003
    I really want to make a Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin costume, but I've heard good things about some masks and bad about others. Can anyone explain in detail their masks and tell me how you liked them? I'm also not willing to pay $40 for them, so does anyone have one for sale or know where I can buy cheap ones? Any help is appreciated.

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    I have the Plo Koon mask and it's pretty good. The lenses on the eyes are just mesh, so I would replace those. But other than that, it seems fine to me. $40 is a fair price, I lucked out and got the Plo Koon and Kit Fisto mask for $60 for both.
    And yeah, the Fisto mask does suck, but I bought it to be signed by Zach Jensen, so it worked out nicely all around...

3. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Jul 21, 2003
    Does it look close to the character or not so much? I've seen a pink Plo Koon mask, and he's defintitely not pink in the movies.

4. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    It does have a pink tint to it. I'm sure with a little practice one could repaint it or at least mist it to make it more orange/yellow in color.

5. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I have the Plo Koon mask and love it. The mesh eyes don't bother me so much. You can see through them, but I just wore a pair of sunglasses under the mask, which fixed that problem. :)

6. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I'm assumeing you mean see into it from outside of the mask? ;)

7. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I am a proud owner of the Pink Plo Koon mask, and it doesnt come with mesh either, just wide open eyes.

Now while I was initially disappointed, the eyes were easily fixed with spare sunglass lenses, and as for the color... not so bad. Koon is Koon becuase its KOON!!!!! Not becuase he is yellow or pink or whatever.

I have pics of the pink Koon right here::: have a look....

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/strahd54/images/koon%20saber%20arena%20blue%20little.jpg]

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/strahd54/images/koon%20save%20windu.jpg]

[image=http://hometown.aol.com/strahd54/images/koon%20charge%20blue.jpg]

I am happy with it.

The rest of my Plo Koon page is here:::

Koon Cut scenes

8. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Those are pretty bad looking fake scenes. Pretty bad. . .

9. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Wearen't here to critique his cut scenes.

Nice mask, dude! I think it looks good pink OR yellow. But then I'm no major fan of Kon, so I'm probably about to be bombarded with nasty tomoatoes or something :p

10. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Now if the scenes are bad...

Is that the good "bad" or the bad "bad"?
    So hard to tell these days.

11. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Whered you get those gloves?

12. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Jul 21, 2003
    It is hard to tell, but I think he meant the bad "bad".

13. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    No. I meant cool. :)

I really like the Plo mask too. Sorry about the confusion.

14. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    When I bought the gloves they sold out soon after. But no matter. I surfed around halloween costume websites like www.halloweencostumes4u.com and looked for gruesome monster gloves, gloves that went further than my wrist, halfway up my forearm. I cant remember the brand name but some company produced rubber gloves in the form of skeleton, demon, werewolf, and green monster. Thick and heavy and about 18 inches long. I bought the green monster and repainted them into Yellow Koon, to match the yellow Koon mask I wore to SWC2. Now that I have the pink mask, I had better get around to re-repainting them pink.

But this time of year is perfect. Just go to the nearest halloween store and find the most gnarled monster gloves you can find. Paint them the Koon Kolor and you are set.

15. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Well I have one too and it does run me a little big so I stuffed newspaper in all the voids.(and yes it's a little pink, but I ran across this link:plo koon and this mask looks much better than mine.
    Is this a new version?

Anyways... then there's this guy that gives a brief discription of how he made his costume and what brands he used.

~Rory

16. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    That plo koon link to halloweencostumes4u.com is EXACTLY where I got my pink mask. THe mask in the picture is NOT the one you will get.

17. VillieGee

Oct 30, 2002
    I got mine from entertainmentearth.com and it's neither pink, nor does it have open eyes. I wonder what the hell happened there

18. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    yeah it looks like the one the advertise is much smaller and detailed....hmmm
    Villie Gee ..no open eyes? so you cut holes?
    ~Rory

19. VillieGee

Oct 30, 2002
    No I mean the eyes had the mesh. Not just open holes.

20. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Jul 21, 2003
    I still wonder if I'll buy one. Like you guys say, some are excellent, and some suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.