main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive JEDI MASTER ART (updated 5/16)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by THEFORCE16, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEFORCE16

THEFORCE16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2004
  2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That is incredible. I love the use of the cool colors - it really helps to set a mood to the piece. I also love your media choice. The pastels or colored pencils(hard to tell - that's what it looks like, correct me if I'm wrong) compliment the work nicely. :)

3. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
    You are right on with your guess about the media used. Its colored pencil on a smooth black mat board. Thanks so much for the kind words.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's very good - I like it! Do you have any others?

5. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm not really a LOTR fan but that is pretty good...

7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I love a good portrait and your's are outstanding!

Your handling of Gandalf's skin and hair, with the shadows and highlights, is just beautiful. You captured him wonderfully. :)

I also really like that you used a black background for your portrait of Yoda. It really adds to the feel of the piece. Nice job all around!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Love that one of Gandalf as well. Something I noticed with both the Yoda and the Gandalf is your attention to detail. It really helps to make them stand out. Nice job again.

9. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
    You guys are all being so nice to the newb. I really am grateful for the opinions. I dont think an artist is ever all that confident about thier work. In my heart my skills havent quite "arrived" yet, but the journey continues. Please put up some links of your own work for me to rave about. This place is nice but theres more content than the Smithsonian.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I know what you mean. We're our worst critics. I know some things that I have dispised in the past, others have raved over.

Anyway, I have my own thread here at the boards for my work. It features some of my older stuff - high school days/pre-college(I'm currently going to art school to major in illustration). Some even date further back than that. I really need to get my scanner or digi-cam working again so I can put up some of my more recent stuff. Anyway, I hope you like them. :)

Solo's Art

11. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
  12. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
  13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I really like the way you shade and highlight skin. Great stuff! :)

edit: Whoa! That clone concept is cool!

14. General_Grievous1138

General_Grievous1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2004
    OMG! :eek: =D=

We are nice to newbs but that is AWESOME.

15. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
    I think I unconsciously combined a stormtrooper with Robocop with that clone sketch, but Since I like both of those things, it works for me. Thanks for the niceness!

16. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    OMG! Your talent is totally incredible! I can't wait to see more of your artwork! =D=

17. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
  18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Once again, wonderful job on those drawings. I can't help but notice the resemblance to Anakin and Mace in the one with the two Jedi. Intentional or not?

Also, very detailed sketch in the one of the girl. Is that anyone in particular or just a random study?

19. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
    Actually, I believe I did use two different EP2 pics as reference for the pic of the two jedi. Thier likenesses arent really so good because I was on a lunch break at my job and my hand was moving pretty fast. Sloppy, but I think it has a nice spontanaety to it. I did the girl years ago, but I'm sure I took her pic from a magazine or something. I just love her expression. Like shes about to burst into laughter or launch into a fight.

20. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
  21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not bad, but I think I like the one up top a bit better..

22. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    This stuff is so cool!

23. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
  24. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    Absolutley wonderful work - all of it. That drawing of Gandalf is great; the detail in his wrinkles and beard is amazing.

25. THEFORCE16

Nov 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.