main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi MASTER Yoda

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Sith Interceptor, Dec 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    UP!

Remember this thread? It's over a year and a half old.

2. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I remember. From it's inception.

3. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    yep, this thread has got legs...

4. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    And my what legs they are.

5. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Oh, man, loved this thread...

6. Darth_Poutine

Darth_Poutine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2002
    Hehe.. Got a huge kick out of reading the begining of this tread. I'm sure as hell gonna keep an eye on future Sith Interceptor reports and PoogletheGreater's speculations:

PoggletheGreater
    Date Posted: 5/8/01

Dooku is toying around with Obi and Anakin. He even force pushes Anakin into a wall and shows everybody that he is very powerfull because he uses the dark side.
    Obviously he has the upper hand (i would guess).
    Then good old Yoda comes in. Dooku thinks he can test his strenght against Yoda, but the little green guy isn't interested in a contest of skills. Yoda don't fool around.
    Dooku attacks, but Yoda is so fast that he can block the attack (with saber?). Dooku can't deliver a good attack because Yoda is freakingly fast and doesn't sit still or something...(he shuffels around with a cane in "everyday life", so how can he run at super speed? Maybe a temp force injection??)
    Yoda then strikes back and uses the force to pin Dooku to a wall or something (but he doesn't use force push??) Or maybe he uses the force to make Dooku immobile (instead of moving something with the force he uses it to stop someone from moving).
    Dooku can't fight Yoda's force powers, so instead he somehow (?) gets a crane to drop on Obi and Anakin (what were they doing all that time?).
    This makes Yoda lose his concentration for a moment.
    Dooku escapes, while Yoda tries to save the lives of the other Jedi who may otherwise be crushed by the object.

Amazing prediction!

7. Promiscuous_Jedi

Promiscuous_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    I would that predicition was somewhat acccurate!

8. PoggletheGreater

PoggletheGreater Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2000
    I can see into the future!!!!
    I know what you're doing George!
    You can't fool me!!!
    I'll tell the world!!!!!!!!

Wow, i haven't used that name in a long time! I got a new username because a lot of my posts were even less intelligent than the ones i write these days ;)
    That post was over a year ago!
    I had my doubts about that scene back then, and i believe i also predicted that people would laugh at it - and some did.
    I thought it might look silly and be pretty pointless- and now that i've seen it...I know it was silly and pointless :(

I thought it would be more....dignified. Not all that bouncing and twirling around. Grrrr, I really don't like that scene. I'll never understand why so many fans love it. It's so....no, i don't want to talk about it anymore!
    Ouch. Well, at least my prediction was pretty close :)

My predictions for Ep3:
    Luke and Leia are Anakin's clones;
    Palpatine is a Sith Shapeshifter;
    Jar Jar will become king of Naboo.

I hope i'm wrong about at least the first two ;)

This thread will never die. If it does, it will come back as a blue spirit.

9. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    I ended up slobbering everywhere the first time I saw this scene at the cinema. However, a few things were changed - mainly Yoda not jumping on Dooku's shoulders - and it seemed as though Dooku came off pretty well. As we know from the script, Dooku got his @$$ well and truly kicked from pillar to post.

Maybe Lucas didn't want Tyranus coming off a hiding to nothing in AOTC...? Hopefully we'll see him get towelled up by Anakin or Yoda in EPIII...?

10. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Yoda did not do anything to dooku in terms of truly beating him. He came at him with a lightning saber strike assualt, but Dooku defended everything more than adequately. We also never saw Dooku get faitgued and suddenly slow down before Yoda's saber prowess.

And we never got the line "end for you Count, this..."

But whatever, close enough. Yoda's display from a visual standpoint was impressive, from an actual effectiveness standpoint, not too good.

11. DarthMaul13

Nov 26, 1998
    Well that whole Lightsabre in the cane thing never happend. Unless it was bogus from the beginning and was never meant to happen.

12. master__yoda

master__yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    I figured the ligt saber cane thing was bogur from the start i think yoda would have won if doo ku had stayed

13. master__yoda

master__yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    I also think yoda will have to be the one to kill doo ku because as doo ku said their powers are eqally matched and you saw what happened to ani when he went against doo ku

14. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I [face_love] this thread!

Ahh, the memories...

15. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    well the cane-sabre WAS meant to happen at some stage but I like the force-pull effect better. I wish Yoda had still said "No interest in contests, do I have."

oh well...

16. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    well the cane-sabre WAS meant to happen at some stage but I like the force-pull effect better. I wish Yoda had still said "No interest in contests, do I have."

oh well...

17. DarthMaul13

Nov 26, 1998
    From the depths of hell, this thread, returned it has....

18. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide!

oops, wrong movie....

This thread has it's 2 year anniversary in a matter of days. :)

19. abkjedi

abkjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2000
    I think Vader, not Anakin or Yoda will defeat Dooku. I'm intrigued by the Luke and Leia as clones theory. I don't think I would like it thou. Maybe we see Yoda's power at yet another level. I've said from day one that Yoda is the MAN!! I hope he fights Palpy. Now that would be cool. It would add to drama if he lost to Palpy or needed help in some way. With a last second push to finally back him down.

20. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    Yoda is a great wise man. I truly wish that he was real so I could talk to him, and learn from him. It will be such a pleasure to be right next to him.

21. uralllosers

uralllosers Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    Up for 2003

22. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    It's a pity this thread is capped into the AOTC forum as we could discuss Yoda in EPIII when info about the little Jedi Master starts filtering down from the Ranch.

23. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Perhaps the mods could move it? And perhaps SI will return to the council soon. I'm starting to think he's pulling a Dooku on us.

:p

24. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    more great and terrible things I predict for Yoda in EPIII... :(

25. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    more great and terrible things I predict for Yoda in EPIII... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.