main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA JEDI MEDICAL CORPS INFIRMARY

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ekimnotslar, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Fantastic news Ekim! Look forward to seeing you at the October meeting!

2. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Hello there, This Saturday night while cleaning I banged up my left foot. There's a huge bruise on it it is healing but still a wee bit painful to stand on. If anyone has any prayer energy left over, um and its not inconvient would you be willing to pray for it. thanks...

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    consider it done Belda

4. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    One ankle prayed for, and I threw-in some good stuff for your marriage too (you can never have too much good stuff for your marriage). Hope you heal-up fast, and make the most of the down time. I would recommend a couple good movies to watch while your off your feet, but, you've already seen them all (a hundred times probably[face_laugh] )

5. PadawanBeldaPinik

Dec 23, 2005
    foot seems to be healing fine now... luckly I didnt need a cast on it. *yay* I just bruised it! And thank you for praying for it and our Marriage, we need it all the time. :)

6. PadawanBeldaPinik

Dec 23, 2005
    Hello there, I have a bit of sad news... at 2am this morning my Grand Mum passed away. She was like a second Mum to me. I love her still very much... I know in my heart she's only transformed into the Force (ie gone to a better place) I seem to cant stop crying...

I am not at all sure on what to say or do about all this. I called my Mum, my other family members, my Paster, & friends, of whom I have numbers to.

If anyone has any free space avaible on their prayer lists, meditations, warm thoughts... and if it's not inconvient in any way, please send them my way, um I really could use something along those lines soon...

I do miss you all... ttys?

7. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Oh Belda, that is such sad news. I am so sorry for your loss.

8. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Belda, I'm sorry to hear about your Grand Mum. You'll be in my thoughts. @};-

9. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    sorry about your Grand Ma, Belda. I hope you can remember the good times and lock those in your heart and mind.

10. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    My peace and condolences Belda, and we all mourn with you. Cherish those great memories, and hold onto all the things you remember about your Grand mum- her voice, even her smell-I can still remember my mom's sweet Avon lotion smell: I keep her old purse in my closet, and whenever I want to refresh my memory of her I take a big breath of the inside of that handbag and it's almost like she's in the room with me. [:D]

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I'm so sorry, you're in my prayers Belda, as well as your family

12. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Our condolences to you Belda. And, I offer prayers for you and your family as you deal with this loss.

AuntBeruLars
    Zam13
    DarthDikum

13. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    Sorry for your loss

14. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    I'm bumping George and Lana to the top of the list for special needs, as they are going through big life changes. Gonna be a lot of fun, and a lot of challenge. We hope and pray all transitions go well for you two.
    Our loss is the US Army in Germany's gain :_| [:D] [face_praying] [face_flag]

May the force be with you both

15. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    Good idea, ekim.

May God be with you and protect you wearever you go, George and Lana. [face_praying] [face_flag]

16. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Quick update -- Val had her surgery on Monday and it went well. They didn't see any signs of cancer, and she is recovering well. She asked about everyone and said to tell everyone "hello."

17. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I was wondering how she was doing, Thanks for the update.

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Good to hear JD.

Well, I said it before and I will say it again, this is a year of deaths for my family. I had another Aunt in Stockton pass last Thursday ... her funeral was this morning. And tonight, the family will be making toasts and playing lots of Gaelic songs.

A toast in Irish Gaelic to the passed on

[face_good_luck] [face_good_luck]
    Ag eitilt ar eiteoig aingil cuireann eiteoig aingil iallach eitilt ar in'anan. tobhair dom eiteoig aingil, idtreo go mbeidh meinann eitilt.

Go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair tu thuas is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marabh. Rincigh Gragh mirigh agus taibhrigh.

English translation

Flying on angel wings
    Angel wings make my soul fly.
    Give me angel wings,
    So that I can fly to you.

May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.
    Dance, Love, Laugh and Dream

19. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Glad to hear Val is healing, JD.

Very cool poem, LDV. This is the poem I found in my mom's purse the day she died: I carry it in my wallet all the time. I find it very sweet and representative of her spirit.

My heart, the sun hath set.
    Night's paths, with dews are wet.
    Sleep comes without regret,
    Stars rise when sun is set.
    All's well, God loves thee yet,
    heart smile, sleep sweet, nor fret.
    - William A. Quayle

LDV, I'm sorry this has been such slammer of a year for you. Our family had a year stretch like that 4 years ago: my mom died in December 2002 of a major 4 barrel heart attack, and then my wife's grandmother (kids were VERY close to her) died, followed VERY SHORTLY by grandpa. Three deaths in a year span hit us really hard.
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/9/99/FuneralPyre.jpg/200px-FuneralPyre.jpg]
    I got yer back on this one bro.

20. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    So happy to hear about Valerie. Prayers now for a quick recovery from surgery.

Continued prayers for you and your family, Rogue Leader, that God and the strength of the Irish continue to get you all through this difficult year.

21. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Well shoot. I got dad all settled in to his new place less than 3 miles from my house. It's smaller than his old place, but cozy and he likes that. Unfortunately, even though I hope otherwise, his health problems continue. I know it "is his destiny" (he's 83 for Pete's sake) to continue to age and fall apart, but sometimes being his caregiver and having to take so much time off from work is really tough for me (only child/no siblings to help, wife and 3 kids, working 60 hours per week).

And here's the punchline for now: I decided last week dad was stable and settled in enough that we could continue with our plans to go to Disneyland next week. I bought the D-land passes. Well, Thursday 11/2 I gotta take dad for an echocardiogram of his heart, and he needs follow-up testing on the poor performance of his kidneys. I know what I need to do, but I don't wanna do it - cancel our yearly ritual to Disneyland (and boy does our family need the time together right now- I've been gone so much the last two months). Please pray for what I know to be a right change of heart. I know I can do the right thing, but I'm dredding the sadness of loss from the right choice. I'm hoping he gets better so we can go, but I am ready to cancel as of tomorrow's test results. I do have a total plan of people to watch him while we gone: that just may not be enough and I may have to cancel.

22. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ekim, you will come to these roads many times over the next few years. If you have a support network that can take dad for testing, I would allow them to help you and take your family on your yearly trip. Your family needs to be taken care of as well as dad in order to be there for dad. If it is a procedure or surgery that can have risks, then I would stay but just for tests that you won't have results for at least a week would be something I would chance. It is a fine line you will be walking between the generation above you and the one below. Just remember that both are equally important. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope all will work out. But remember you can go to DL without guilt and enjoy. You will be raring to go to take care of dad when you get back.

23. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Thank you Susan. That helps me more than you realize. I took another day off to run dad to three doctors and an echocardiogram. His heart is OK, it's his kidneys that are malfunctioning. The reviewing family doctor said hit the road . The podiatrist told me if I didn't go to Disneyland he would shoot me himself. So, after finalizing plans with an experienced eldercare person in dad's new park, we will go. I sure appreciate your support guys.
    [image=http://www.mousepal.com/ParkPics/Jedi%20Mickey%20Star%20Wars%20weekend.jpg]
    Oh, and some new ideas dawned on me for a big project/idea for Halloween next year-something GYNORMOUS that I will share with the board and the crew next meeting. You'll dig it I'm sure.

24. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    You're dad gets all that? Well that guy really has it made! I don't even get bumped into by women in the laundry room at my apartment complex and I'm way far from senior citizen. But then again, my apartment complex doesn't have a laundry room; we each have our own washer and dryer! LOL Well I guess there can be some advantages at not having a washer and dryer!

--Jedi DarkNight

25. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I don't mean to change subjects so abruptly, but I've been in a little bit of a squeese (actually, considering, a lot of a squeese) lately. I'm not telling this to everyone and so that's why I'm so grateful to Ekim to having established this thread, but I've pretty much been out of work for the longest of times. Substitute teaching ended up not working out for me after these 2 to three years. I've been looking for another job constantly, but it's looked pretty hopeless (it's looked pretty hopeless (you know how job searching can be)). If anyone has any suggestions or can refer me to any job leads or anything like that, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm (realistically) looking for a clerical job right now (that's what I do best in, after my art and writing).

--Jedi DarkNight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.