JEDI MEDICAL CORPS INFIRMARY

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by ekimnotslar, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hello,
    You might check with your HR dept of your school district as there are lots of clerical jobs within a school district. You also might check out some of the temp staffing agencies as alot of companies do temp to hire. I was checking that out before going with the district and I pretty much had a choice of jobs. Didn't have to settle for just any job that way. Was making pretty good money also. The college districts also have alot of clerical jobs. The problem though will be your transportation. You live remote from Sacramento, don't drive, and the bus system runs on their schedule not yours. :( You have some hurdles to overcome but with persistance you should be able to do it. :) We will include you in our prayers.
  2. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks, Sivad. That helps. I look into those options.

--Jedi DarkNight
  3. jedivalarie Jedi Padawan

hello, everyone.. this is JD's sister, Val...

just wanted to thank you all for your concern and prayers. I really appreciate it...

as Tara said, apparently I'm cancer free (yahoo) but still have a bit of healing to do. At least I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks again, guys. You're all the best!=D=
  4. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad to hear all is well Val, I hope recovery goes just as smooth and and your up and running as before. After all who else will be our Delaware represenative?
  5. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Glad to hear your good news JV. :) You have time to heal before the next Celebration. :) Keep us posted.

6. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's great news Val. It's good to hear from you again! :)
  7. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hurray, Val! Good to hear from you and glad the news is good. I'll keep praying for a speedy and complete recovery.
  8. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Asking for prayers for the family of Jill Alamo (my co-worker) and all who knew her. Jill's body was identified as the woman found in a ditch last week. She had been missing for almost two weeks. I'm not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow (Tuesday). :_|
  9. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was a difficult week. Management was very supportive, though, and we had a grief counselor, who worked with small groups, on Wednesday.

Please give us continued prayers as we deal with our loss (and the horrible manner of that loss). The wake is on Monday and Jill's funeral is Tuesday.
  10. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    So sorry to hear that you were affected by this tragidy. You will definately be in our prayers.

As many of you know, that we have been trying to help our oldest daughter who has been struggling with drug addiction. She is trying to come off of them and is waiting for a bed in detox. She is trying on her own and is really going through the wringer after 4 days of going without. All we can do is stand by with hugs, support and love but as a parent, you just want to fix it. Very frustrating. Please include her in your prayers. Thanks
  11. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Tell her she is in our prayers, Nasus, and that we wish her the best.
  12. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey gang: please pray for my 83 year old dad's health. He had the worst outbreak of psoriasis I have ever seen him have. I think he has rheumatoid psoriasis, with extremity swelling and the absolute worst skin flaking I have ever seen. He is miserable. The positive notes are that his kidneys are improving and likely not the problem, and his heart is in good shape. His Type 2 diabetes is managing better than ever too. He was getting better up until this skin outbreak about three weeks ago- he's rather depressed. He should have a powerful psoriasis medication by Wednesday, which supposed to be very potent and should help tremendously. I have burned almost 100 six leave hours caring for him alone, since he first got sick in Augutst/September, so I'm getting weary too. Also pray that his old mobile home sells fast (December?), so he can be ahead of the game financially (two rents will keep him tight until it sells). Thanks!
  13. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    Val, I'm glad to hear that you've been cured and I pray that the healing process will continue well.

--Jedi DarkNight
  14. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your co-worker, Aunt Beru. Your co-worker and her family is in my prayers.

--Jedi DarkNight
  15. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    She is in my prayers, Nasus. I hope she will overcome this addiction.

--Jedi DarkNight
  16. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    Your dad is in my prayers, Ekim. I hope he recovers from that skin condition soon. It looks like you have good support with that medication for him.

--Jedi DarkNight
  17. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for the support JediDarkKnight. Well, dad's doctor called me at home just now (very cool doc), and said a test showed dad has a bacterial infection in his foot that is unique to diabetics, so we gotta admit him immediately. I'll probably be at the hospital 'till midnight tonight. It's actually really good that he's gettin admitted, as his infection needs to be cleared up before he can take the psoriasis injections. This will allow them to study him, monitor his diabetes even better, and maybe start the Enbrel injections (for skin) while he is in. Pray for his healing and my peace, me buqi!

Rogue 9 enroute to medical frigate...
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~arveymodelproducts/starwa1.jpg]
  18. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Geez, ekim, that is too bad. After talking with you today, I thought things were turning for the better. Sorry to hear about this. Your dad is blessed to have such a caring son. Your love for him shows the kind of father he was to you as well. Keep us posted.
  19. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    Both he and you are in my prayers, Ekim. I pray everthing will go by well.

--Jedi DarkNight
  20. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good news: Dad was in hospital for two days/2 nights, and they pumped him full of IV antibiotics. He is back home, and is doing a little better. Hopefully he will have the diabetic foot infection wooped by next week, and we can start using the psorisis killer drug Enbrel- it's in the fridge now, eagerly awaiting his treatment.

Saturday before our event, I will be showing dad's mobile home for about 4 hours. Pray it sells soon, so I can direct that rent money towards in home health care until he is back to some semblence of his old self. Thanks Rogues!
  21. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    You got it, ekim!
  22. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Glad dad is doing better Ekim. Watch those feet. Infections are the worst part of diabetes and how many end up losing toes and other bigger parts. Glad you are getting outside help also. Very important.

My good news is that we are hearing through the detox people that my daughter is doing very well. Great frame of mind and very purposeful in her direction she is going. They feel very positive that she will be one of their successes. :)
  23. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Prayers of Thanksgiving for Ekim's dad and Nasus' daughter. O:)
  24. jedivalarie Jedi Padawan

my thanks again for everyone's kind thoughts while i recouperated (and still recouperate) from my surgeries. i went back to work in my department yesterday for the first time in nearly four months. that was really strange--sort of felt like i never left in the first place!

ekim, my thoughts and prayers are with you regarding your dad. i really admire your dedication and hope that soon things will improve for you AND him.

nasus, my thoughts and prayers are also with your family.
  25. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good healing to you Val!

Dad is doing much better- foot infection improving greatly, and his psoriasis has really improved. Today we went to foot doctor and skin doctor, and dad gave himself his first injection of new psoriasis medication Enbrel! That should have a potent influence on his skin health. Thanks for your prayers and words of encouragement everyone! Now I just have to sell his old mobile home ASAP, so he can start filling his savings up.

Susan, it is my opinion dealing with "self-medicating-folks" that as they get older, they have a much easier time throwing-up there hands and saying "I give-up", and "I don't wanna live like this anymore." I pray she has reached that crossroads, and is ready to push-on to a newer, healther road. I got your back on this one! - Mike
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.