JEDI MEDICAL CORPS INFIRMARY

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by ekimnotslar, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    She seems to be enjoying the ability to make better decision and is wanting to be responsible for her own things rather than us pick up the slack as usual. We will have to wait and see though as I am a "show me person". I am praying and appreciate all of yours.

Glad dad is doing better. My december is going to be busy getting my dad ready for a move. We want to have it all packed and ready to go the first of the month. He is moving to his new bachelor pad. :)
  2. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Our dad's and they're bachelor pads... Well, my pop's old mobile home is all ready to sell. Now, we just need a buyer! Believe it or not, it will likely go fast, as his is one of the most attractive mobile homes in the park, especially for an older one. Pray it sells quick. I'll play a miracle card on this one, because I need to reduce his expenses by the old rent and the new trailer payment. Selling pop's old mobile home will help him long and short term (and me A LOT).

3. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    My condolences to the family of the deputy killed in the line of duty today. ekim, my prayers are with his family, his co-workers, and his friends. May he rest in peace.
  4. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for the encouragement. I got to help out with traffic at Vu's funeral, which was good closure to see everyone so supportive of our profession.

I pray this new year will be a time of further growth and bonding in our Rogue endeavors. I am very excited about the directions we are pursuing, and the fellowship and potential to provide safe haven to all Star Wars fans, rebels or not ;)
  5. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Amen to that, ekim!!
  6. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good news update about my dad: his blood sugar averages 80-110 AM test now :) . His psoriasis has cleared-up so well that you could not tell he has it from any of his exposed skin. Finally, I stopped burning sick leave to care for him early this month. All I need to do now is sell his old mobile home so we can free up his finances and he is dialed in. Wheew! Thanks for all your prayers and support Rogues- it really helped (me)!

Susan, I hope your dad is doing well. Special thanks to you and Rogue Lead for all your experienced encouragement! This is a happy way to start the new year.
  7. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I finally got a diagnosis of what is going on with my arms and neck. I have a herniated disc at C5 and C6. So am on steroids trying to reduce the inflammation along with about 4 other medications that numb, fog, or make me sleep. So if I miss something or need to do something that I would normally do, please do not hesitate to contact me and let me know or remind me. :) They said the steroids will cause extreme irritability so have warned the family and hope to be done with them by the meeting so as not to subject you all to one of my med meltdowns. I keep teasing the family that they better be careful or I might go Chris Benoit on them. :) At least it is an answer and I have a path to go down towards getting better. Alot of options prior to surgery. so thought I would explain why I have been a little absent or slow to get to meetings and such. I am having a harder time getting going and have to med up to get going in the first place. :) So hope that I will shortly be back to your regular vice chancellor.

Glad to hear all is going better with your dad. We finally got dad into an apt and are actually doing the move this weekend and next. Not to bad a deal. Nice apt with washer/dryer, 2 bedrooms, allows his pet, close parking, and an alarm. Only $885 a month and close enough for me to get to him quickly if needed. He is like a kid with a new toy. We are almost decorating from scratch as he got his first month free and he decided that his new life needed new stuff. kind of fun to go shopping and not spend my money. It is always an adventure with my dad but we had to go through the health things you are dealing with to get him healthy enough to enjoy life again. He and his girlfriend are planning a trip through the Panama Canal and a road trip to Montana. Can't keep him down. We helped him to get his first NEW car. He has always driven older used cars as my mom was very thrifty, I did say thrifty and not cheap right. :) So he never got the fun of a new one. He is having a ball and offering to run all errands and pick anyone up. Worse than a teen with a new drivers license.

Marcus goes for his driving test on the 11th so he will soon be more mobile. :) Also on a good note. My daughter that went into rehab before christmas is still clean and making good decisions. Once she gets her an apt. and going for awhile Tiara will be going back to join her. We are really proud of her as she has had to deal with some issues that normally would have given her an excuse to do the pills. But she has continued to hold out. We are constantly helping to keep her built up. She has come to a point where she wants what is normal. A safe home, reliable transportation, her child, and a job that she enjoys and the ability to go home afterwards to peace and quiet and no drama.
  8. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow sis, you got a lot on your plate. I'll throw your name into the prayer request hat at church- for your health, for your daughter's continued improvement, and thanks for your dad's improvement. It was fun getting my dad all set-up too. He is comfy in his new (big) travel trailer home. I just need to sell his old one so we can pay off the new one. Then he'll be financially set. Hang-in there with your health- You are fighting some significant pain! [face_praying]
  9. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright everybody- time to lift up LDV and his mom during this challenging time. Since some of us have ridden the caring for your ailing parents ride recently, my heart and support goes out to Dev right now. Let's all direct positive attention, hope, and prayers LDV's direction now, because he needs us.
  10. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I couldn't have said it better Ekim. Its times like this that bring out the best in the rogues. We deal with what life throws at us bravely and knowing that there are others that think of you and really caring what happens makes it easy to bear what is our life at the time.

How is your dad doing? Mine is getting ready to go on another trip.. :) We finally got the old house cleaned out and turned back to the landlord this last weekend so that is a huge albatross off my back. :) We had to sort and decide what of his 78 years would fit into a smaller apartment and then figure out what to do with what was left. Boy can someone collect alot of stuff in 50 plus years. :)

11. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    :_|
    Aye, my pop is doin much better. We are going on vacation from Sunday 3/23-Sunday 3/30, so I've spent the last week preparing our camper AND my pop (grocery shopping, and whatever tools he MUST have so he can fiddle in his shed while we are gone). We are hoping dad's old mobile home will sell anytime soon- no calls at all since December though :_| . Glad your dad is still able to travel and have adventures- mine still has plenty of spunk, though he's getting forgetful.
  12. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hang-in there with mom Dev. We are praying and supporting you during this very difficult time. Don't worry about anything else right now: this time with mom and family is the most important of all.

[:D]
    [face_praying]
  13. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Boy, I had one of those days that life hit me from all sides and I left work feeling like I had worked 3 days straight in one day. We had to cope with 3 tragedies at our school today. We had a family lose their father to a motorcycle accident yesterday, had a teacher unexpectedly lose her mother this morning, and the news that sent us really reeling was the news that one of our students (8 years old, 3rd grade) had hung himself last night in his closet. I was particularly close to this little boy as he needed lots of mothering. We had a standing appointment each morning to get cleaned up for school. A washed face, some lotion for the rough spots, and a hug to start the day. Each day ended with me and him at the bus stop going over what his plan was for the trip home and another hug to send him on his way. I have been searching my mind to see if I missed something yesterday that could have averted this tragedy but all I can remember is his silly giggle and big smile as he waved good bye from the bus window. I am so angry at so many things. He had counselors, advocates, and other special help. CPS referrals were made and nothing was done. Mom has a house full of kids and another on the way. Had to call her to pick up the child last week as he was running a high fever and all she could go on about is how it was throwing off her schedule and the things she had to do. I wanted to smack her that day. How unwanted he must have felt. Such a loss to us all, we allowed this little boy to slip through our fingers. I am just glad that I have found faith prior to this as helps me as I grapple with the "whys" and hopefully it will eventually help with the anger.

Sorry to dump this on you guys but just needed to let it out to someone and you all are as Bith always teases me, family.
  14. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    What a terrible day Nasus. So many tragedies, especially the student, and it's hard to believe an 8 year old would even consider something like that. Hang in there.
  15. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry I've been so busy I missed supporting you in that tremendous day you have to survive, Susan. Loss of young life is so overwhelming, and is a sad day for everyone.

My dad has been struggling with an anti-biotic resistant skin infection on his feet for the last two months, which is compounded by the immune system suppressing medication he is taking to fight his psoriasis. Sooooo, it's kind of a vicious circle. Mainly, he's uncomfortable. The big issue I'm hoping, praying, AND BANKING ON, is selling his old mobile home. We are having a two day open house at his old mobile home this weekend from 9-2. I will still be at the meeting though, I just gotta head back afterward. Until we sell that thing, both families are in financial limbo while caring for dad [face_tired] . That is a chunk of what's wearing me out caring for him: him having to pay two rents and the new trailer payment HAS BEEN expensive. But, it's the only way I can care for him.

Pray I sell it this weekend, because if I give it over to the realtor as planned, they charge $5000 flat rate to sell it. That's $5000 from the value of the home :( . OUCH.

O:) Big prayers for Dev's family[:D]

16. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    My mother in law has a tumor in her neck, which is confirmed cancerous. More testing to follow, but for now it's just one more iron in the fire for me (and boy is that fire getting hot). Pray for our family as we begin a summer that will be a rough ride for all involved (my wife, all three of my kids, my mom in law, my 84 year old dad, and oh yeah of course... me!). I am "firmly" inactive now Rogues. To quote Wedge Antilles in ANH: "I'm hit. I can't stay with you. Sorry."
    May the force be with you,
    Mike
  17. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Mike, I'm sorry to hear you have another illness in the family. You and your family will be in my thoughts and I hope you can join us again when things calm down.
  18. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_love] . thanks! miss you guys. force be with you!
    Mike
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.