main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Mind Trick

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Joey-WanKenobi, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey-WanKenobi

Joey-WanKenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jan 7, 2002
    Yo, I just thought of something.

When Anakin tells Padme that the Jedi mind trick only works on the weak minded, don't you think that he was just trying to score points with her. I think that he could have used the mind trick on her. At first, it seems that Padme is a strong minded person, but I define strong minded as your ability to keep someone else out of your head, not just being intellegent or strong willed like most people think of Padme as. While Padme is a stong person, I doubt that she has ever done any sort of exercises to learn mind control. When Obi-Wan says "The force can have a strong influence on the weak minded," I don't think he's just refering to their sort of personality or will, but their ability to keep outside influences out. So I think Anakin was just being a nice guy, and he could have done the mind trick on her. I know he wouldnt have, and that was just a playful conversation, but nevertheless he could have regardless of the fact he said he would'nt.

What do you think?

2. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    I believe Padme is strong-willed and intelligent enough to make mind tricks a little more difficult. But for a force user of Anakin's strength, it would still be fairly easy.
    So yeah, I think he was just being smooth... ;)

3. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I'd say she's at least as smart as Watto, and the mind trick didn't work on him!

4. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I was under the assumption that Watto was immune to Jedi mind tricks because of his race not because of his state of mind.

someone please correct me if I am wrong.

5. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Watto: "What? You think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian, mind tricks don't work on me."

6. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I think a lot of what Anakin says to Padme can be interpreted in different ways.

"Sometimes we must do what we're told" does he really beleive this or is he trying to convince Padme to keep him around?

"Sounds like a dictatorship" - "Well, if it works..." Personally, I think Ani's serious here and does a quick about-face to stay on Padme's good side. But he could be kidding.

"We could keep it a secret" keep what a secret? true love? cheap sex? quickies in Padme's senate office? is he in love or in lust?

7. Joey-WanKenobi

Joey-WanKenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jan 7, 2002
    Yeah, good point. I hadnt thought of those other things you all mentioned. It seems that Anakin is pretty two faced.

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    He was just sucking up to her, trying to get some "compliment points."

9. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    hmmm or maybe that line was just BS all together but he wanted her to trust him so he actually was playing a mind trick on her at that very second! lol 8-}

::waves hand:: "mind tricks only work on the weak minded"

10. TheForceChoke

TheForceChoke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    Every day I feel more like Anakin.

Anakin is trying to "get some" he is in lust not love. When I get close to a girl/woman I cant stop thinking about her. I dont love her, I have never been in love. I love my mom and dad and stuff, but you know what I mean.

I dont think he used a mind trick on her.

If he did he would have used it to keep kissing her or for some other sexual things.

Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.