main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Names

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by darth_kabbel, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_kabbel

darth_kabbel Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2002
    Hello i'm new to the forums and i need some help because i'm making a fanfilm of my own. and i have a sith 3 jedi and a sith master but i cant figure out names for the 3 jedi one is female and 2 are male and i need some names any help would be nice.

2. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    Whatever you do, be sure to use lots of hyphens :D

Car'l Ca'mpbell

3. QuanarReg

QuanarReg Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2002

Welcome to the message board. (I don't know if I have the authority to say that, I've only been on here for a month)

Anyway, I have a few Jedi names. Ria-Qua Kresar, Nadd Gamma, Tanden Dace. There from some fan fictions I've written and you are welcome to use them if you wish.

4. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    This question has been raised so many times. Making names is very integral part of the storywriting process - the name should reflect the character to some extent - if one is trying to represent the 'everyman' they will often name the character John or James or Jim with last names like Smith or Johnson. In the same way George Lucas names his bad guys with names like tyrannus and maul, names that elict a negative connotation.

Choose your own names, you'll be happy you did.

-Kol.

5. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    See, the problem is that so many Jedi names are little more than random-ass characters. I mean, c'mon: "Obi-Wan Kenobi"? "Qui-gon Jinn"? It can be awfully difficult to wrack your brain for names like that. Half the time I just devolve into random "ga-ga goo-goo" noises and give up.
    It's not just the Jedi, either. You've got names like Boba Fett and Bib Fortuna (what's up with the initals 'BF', anyway?) to content with, as well.
    The Star Wars name generators out there are little more than comedy, really. The whole "X letters of your last name, plus Y letters of your first name, plus the town your were born in, etc" stuff only sometimes ends up worth using, honestly.

Luckily, there are a few options. Note that many SW characters have names that could come from Earth. Luke, Ben, Owen...even Han and Leia aren't too far off from names you can easily find from around the world. It's been noted that 'Vader' means 'father' in at least one or two languages. My own fan film script uses a Nordic name in it, "Anders", which isn't too far out to be a Star Wars name...

So...there's options, really. What I usually end up doing is taking normal English names or words and start swapping out letters until I get something pronounceable that doesn't suck... Heh.

6. darth_kabbel

darth_kabbel Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2002
    Thank you all for your help so far and i think ill take some of my own ideas and some of yours to make some that would work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.