main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Nights?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Jayna, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone had gone to a Jedi Nights tournament yet. I'm somewhat interested in playing, but all I have is a light side deck- my brother and I split all of our cards.
    Would I still be allowed to play in a tournament or are you required to have decks of both type?

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    You have to have both light and dark. I think you also have to play every week or something. I haven't had a chance to fully investigate it yet and I haven't seen any Jedi Nights here yet, just the League play.

3. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    How sad. I guess I'll have to rely on finding people who play near me until I can build myself a dark deck. Thanks!

4. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    You may want to buy the Dark Side advanced Starter Set that a fast way to start building a deck.

5. BossNassDeckMechanic

BossNassDeckMechanic Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Yes, you need both, no, you don't have to play every week.

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I just went ahead and bought myself an AOTC box. That should get me started down the dark path... :)

7. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    You are well on your way. :)

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just played in one today, lost in the first round. I really need to work on may darkside deck. The building costs for the deck killed me. I couldn't pull anything lower than a 6 for my first 3 turns. One of the guys I went with got the Maul Foil card as the random winner, so the night wasn't a total loss.

9. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Sounds fun. I can't wait to play in one myself. Every time there is some major tourney in Seattle, something really important comes up and I can't attend. Like the one on Wenatchee, I had a once a year 3 day convention planned months in advance for my church. The one coming up next week my sister is getting married so I can't go. No doubt, something like triple bypass surgery or earthqauake, act of God, etc, will be the next obstacle.
    One day, I will play in a real Tourney!

10. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    we in columbus are 2 people short of a JN tourney, but will be hosting our own tourney in two weeks. Anyone interested? The entrance fee will be 2 packs(I am guessing one sr and one aotc). The winner will get so many packs, second so many, third so many, and there may even be a pack going to anyone who loses all their best of 3 games. Who knows...the possibilities are endless...but if anyone is interested, please email me(rich8262@collegeclub.com) or IM me at RoaddoggOSU.

Peace!
    C.J.

11. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    This got me thinking. Does it have to be a Jedi Nights tourney to get a DCI ranking or can you throw one like this for boosters and still count the results as DCI?

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Don't know? Aren't there a couple of WotC people hanging around here somewhere that could answer this?

DarthFloyd if Columbus was closer to where I live I would come. But it is about a three hour drive even though i live on the Ohio/PA border.

13. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Why won't anyone come to D.C. to play? The closest JNs to me is 3 hours. :_| :_|

14. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Have you tried Dream Wizards in Rockville. They also have WOTC stores at Lakeforest Mall in Gathersburg and one in Columbia. I'd be surprised if they don't have a TCG league at any of those locations.

R'Bolt

15. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    according to the OS, the only VA league is in Portsmith (sp) which by the map is 3 hours from Alexandria VA

16. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    You might want to consider giving the stores a call. Should be able to get the phone numbers from the phone book.

R'Bolt

17. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I went into the WOTC at Pentagon City. they told me they only do Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic.

I was sad. But they're letting us have our FanForce meeting this weekend there at they're tables

18. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Try going to the different stores and see if they collect names or keep a list of other players in the area. If they don't see if
    they willl start one and put you on it and tell people that buy the cards you are looking for someone to play.

I just had someone at work come up to me today and say he heard I was a TCG player. He has been playing the game for a while now and we never knew about each other until he found out about me from someone. I also play SWTCG with 3 other guys in my immmediate town and none of us ever seem to make it to the League play they have every Saturday.

My point is, there may be others out there like you that are looking for someone, or that just play SWTCG casually and do not go to Tourney's or get on the net.

Then after you find people, organize a tourney or get together and talk a store into it. If the WotC store is not doing one, talk to the manager. They should promote their own games. They really should be doing one right now for that matter whether people show up right away or it takes a while to build a folllowing.

Or, try teaching some of your Fan Force group at the next meeting.

19. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Thanks Baca, You are a wise master. This Padawan will obey.

20. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Good Padawan! Keeping your mind on the Living Force.....or... something like that....Hey! What's that behind you! (Points)

(Baca runs away....)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.