main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi of Australia fight back

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Neckless06, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neckless06

Neckless06 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    hey saw this in a news acticle today and thought you all might enjoy it so go to the link below for the whole deal.
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/auspac/08/27/australia.starwars.ap/index.html

2. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I heard about this story a long time ago. I have some friends from Australia who sent me the very same e-mail in question as in that article. I loved it, And I don't doubt for a second that with the combined strength of the Star Wars machine and the power of communication that we can make it even bigger over here. I encourage everyone reading this post to write Jedi on their census forms for faith as well when the time comes and don't forget to forward this tid bit to everyone you know, SW fan or not.

That thing about possible prosecution is total bunk. If you honestly choose the force as a following as millions actually have (they're called Shinto Buddhists) then the government can't do anything to you unless they want to crush your Consitutional right to worship whatever religion you like. Talk about making an impact. Even George Lucas couldn't imagine it going that far.

3. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    bloody aussies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.