side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ami Skywalker

Ami Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2000
    Recently in one of my games, a wookie trader with a strength of 6 I think and a brawl of 7 managed to take out something like 6 stormtroopers without so much as taking a hit. He then proceeded to roll something like a 50 in damage against one(he was raging and managed to get a 17 on his wild die) and the stormtrooper in question rolled a 4 in defense. Needless to say, he was dead (very colorfully too) Well, he killed about 3 others then scared the be-Jesus out of the others and they ran.

What are some of your stories?

GMJ

2. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    Lol! The adventures I'm in usually involved the characters almost getting gutted (and some of them actually getting gutted) but managing to pull it off in the end. We do have one patented maneuver, though. Or at least, Jan-lo does. It's a little thing we call the Jan-lo maneuver, and this is how it goes. Explosion. Jedi flies through the air. Jedi stands up, smoking and usually bleeding, coughing, and saying, "I'm fine."

3. Admiral Pellaeon

Admiral Pellaeon Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 1999
    Ahhh yes, I was that wookie. It was so beatiful. I walked out of the bar and was met by a Storm trooper yeilding a blaster rifle. I smacked him around...just to find 6 other storm troupers behind him. I used rage, a 7D starting brawl, and my force point, which gave me 14 dice or something like that. I took 14 blaster shots and came out with mabey some singed hairs. It was great.

4. nealos

nealos Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 1999
    Oh, here's a good one...

I was running the game, and there were three players at the time. They were infiltrating an Imperial base, and trying to do so in as sneaky a fashion as possible - I mean, they wanted total stealth.

So, they picked their way from room to room extremely slowly, and the air of tension hung over the gaming table along with intense silence. We were really into it.

Well, one of the characters was a seriously buff character, so they chose to have him lead the way into potentially dangerous situations, something which he was willing to do.

He opened a blastdoor and stepped through into a hallway. There was one stormtrooper on either side of the door in the hallway. When he stepped through, he startled them, which in turn startled him.

I pounded my fist on the table, thinking I had caught him, and said," SO! What are you going to do?" I was horribly unprepared for what followed... Keep in mind that he's buff, and I rolled everything he did, and it all worked out...

He slammed the head of the trooper on his left into the wall with so much force, the helmet popped off. He stuck his hand down between the trooper's torso armor and ripped the chestplate off, then came around with it and obliterated the helmet of the right-side trooper. With that swing, he let go of the chestplate, rammed his fingers underneath the second trooper (again, on the right side) and tore off his jaw. He pulled it back and stabbed the trooper on the left side (who was barely functional as it is) right in the chest with the jawbone.

It all happened so fast, I told the player that after all was said and done, both troopers were sliding down the wall to the ground - the left-hand trooper with a jaw piercing his chest and his skull mashed, and the right-hand trooper wagging his tongue over the front of his neck.

We were all roaring with laughter. The other two players sat there, mouths mopping the floor, until one of them said, "That's the most f*$%&ed up event I've been present for in my life."

I agreed, and proceeded to give the buff character a generous lather of dark side points (he had used a force point on the situation).

That was about eight years ago. To this day, I can sit and giggle for hours remembering that one...

Nealos
    Star Wars Supplement Resource Center http://members.tripod.com/~nealos/ http://members.tripod.com/~nealos/

5. Ubiqtorate

Ubiqtorate Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 1999
    No specifics, but I do have one player who is notorious for throwing out impossibly high rolls whenever the situation calls for it. We're all playing fairly good Jedi characters, so lightsaber rolls in the fifties aren't uncommon, but somehow, whenever I try to bust this guy, he always manages to tell me he got a seventy-two or a sixty-eight. Of course, those aren't always the exact numbers, but he consistently manages to roll ten to fifteen points higher than I think he should be able to.

I've looked at his dice, and the numbers are there. I'm almost convinced he's cheating, I just can't prove how he's doing it.

--Ubiqtorate

6. Jedi Sephiroth

Jedi Sephiroth Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 1999
    Well the game I play in takes place in the SW universe (more or less) but also contains elements from other sources, and is actually played with GURPS mechanics. I think some of the funniest SW related incidents that have happened involved being chased by Darth Vader and the Empire, and a conversation along the lines of: "Don't tell me you're actually flying IN to a floating furniture field?" "Well they'd be crazy to follow us" And later in the same adventure a continued parallel of that part of the movie, with dust bunnies instead of minochs. There've been lots of other crazy ones but they slip my mind at the moment. I ought to drag my GM (who also posts in the forum somewhere) in here, he could probably remember more.

7. MaGnUs Darklighter

MaGnUs Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 1998
    I've got two:

In our first game of SWRPG, I was GMing, one of my players played a Quixotic Jedi. In the middle of a blaster-fight, the QJ (Rex Rudolph) ran with his "lightsaber" (old rusty sword) to attack one of the enemies, but he trips over something while the guy's shot misses him narrowly. Another player character shoots the bad guy, blowing his head up, when the fight finishes, Rex believes it was all done with his mighty jedi powers! :p

The other one. Ruud, a failed jedi, and Bruno, a kid, get captured, and jailed by a local police agency. The guard finds Ruud's saber, and is amazed by it. Ruud cons (with a roll of 40 with 5D) the guard into letting him out so he can teach him how to use it. He gets behind the guard, and starts directing his arms with the saber on, he then lets go, and the guard fails his roll by 20, so he chops off both of his legs at knee lenght, then falls to the ground, slicing his body in half in mid-air. You think it's over? think again...the way out of the cell block is by a door of those that have a little window on it, so he grabs the upper part of the dead guard's body, and uses it as a puppet, signaling the other guard, then making it appear as if the dead guard is in trouble. The second guard enters the room, and Ruud smashes his head open with a stool.

8. Filzar

Filzar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 1999
    well at the time i was playing a draconian, a dragon looking type guy, and i drop down into a room of people and to clear out the room all the people i start yelling out fresh meat. needless to say the room started to clear out preaty fast.

9. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I?ve been GMing for 17 years now and I?ve seldom been stumped by anything my players did or didn?t do... but recently something occurred that nearly scared me stiff...
    The players are a New Republic commando unit doing mostly special ops stuff. One of them is a little tech with little skill; she?s got rudimentary force powers and she?s great at repairing droids, but apart from that she?s naive, awkward, annoying and socially incompetent. Unfortunately, this tech (whose name is Sid) attracts trouble, so it was no surprise when she managed to get cut off from the rest of the group while on a sensitive mission on an important Imperial world. She got into a fight with local fringe hoods and was subsequently saved by a Dark Side apprentice whose Master was interested in recruiting the force-sensitive girl who had chanced upon his territory...
    So far, so good. Now the terrible thing: In mere seconds they ? being of very different mindsets, of course - had an argument going that might have well evolved into physical violence with no chance whatsoever for weak little Sid, but right then she opened her mouth and... out poured the sweetest, most suave words the poor apprentice had probably heard in all his life, for Sid actually tried to recruit him!!! He was perplexed (heck, I was perplexed!). Then, after she had talked incessantly for about 10 minutes, she looked at him, said, ?You know what? I think I like you? and... kissed him.
    Yes, that?s what she did.
    It was a most cinematic scene and might be best compared to the showdown of the ?Doomed Megalopolis? anime where the hero defeats the villainous demon by being nice to him (Sid?s player hadn?t seen that one, though).
    I couldn?t think of anything to say or do...
    After I/he had recovered from the shock, the apprentice fled in terror. Needless to say that the other players had a good laugh.

10. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Here?s another one, but this one?s been while I was myself a player (it was an Imperial campaign). My character, a typical Imperial junior officer named Evril, had been jockeying for a certain command position along with several of his peers (the other players), which was - of course - humored by their commanding officer (another player) who enjoyed keeping his juniors at each other?s throats. Now while on a scouting mission, one of the rivals took a shot at getting rid of Evril by drugging his ration bars. While the group were slinking through the sewers of the city they were to scout out, the GM slipped me a piece of paper telling me that Evril started to suffer from a certain severe hallucination.
    Well... you should have seen the unsuspecting commander?s face when Evril suddenly walked up to him and made a very special and very embarrassing offer (in front of the whole unit, of course)... under the impression/delusion that he was thefemale star of an x-rated holodrama...!!! I won?t repeat the exact phrasing of the offer for obvious reasons; the word ?stallion? was used, though, and from that terrible day on the characters who had witnessed the scene whinnied as soon as Evril entered a room.
    Yes, this most discomforting incident ruined my character?s career for good. He never was disciplined for what he?d said (strange, isn?t it?), but the ridicule he encountered from then on was too much for him. He eventually defected.

11. Piing

Piing Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 1999
    Icky!

Ah, yes, Filzar, I'd forgotten the "fresh meat" incident. It was so funny! Lucrative, too, as I recall.

12. Jedi Sephiroth

Jedi Sephiroth Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 1999
    The mention of fresh meat reminds me of another incident! My first character in the SW game I play in was an ex-slave, and her old owner was always trying to get her back, sending out bounty hunters, ect. One of the PC's for a time was actually a bounty hunter that had set out to capture her, not realizing it was an illegal bounty (slavery was illegal in that area of space), because he'd been told she was a thief, not an escapee. Anyway, he'd been offered ten thousand credits for her capture. Well, much later, she was in Mos Eisley, in the Cantina, and notices these Jawa jibbering, but also recognized (she was a translator and spoke a bizillion languages, so had listened extensively to the Jawas, trying to decipher their trade speak) it was just babble, not the real language. Listening further, she notices the conversation was looping, like someone playing a tape. So, she gets up and goes over to investigate. Well as she approaches these ranats jump out from under the hoods, (tape player still going under the discarded clothes) and try to stun her. Her crew was there, and the Ranats got stopped quickly. When questioned, they revealed that some guy had come around to the slums areas where they hung out and offered five pounds of fresh meat for her capture. So then one of the crew says: "Gee, you've been discounted from ten thousand credits to five pounds of fresh meat"!

13. squonk

squonk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 1999
    I ran this one game as a take off of "The Hunt for Red October" with a stealth Star Destroyer. The PC's finally got on board th disabled ship and found the defecting captain on the bridge. The rest of the ship was after them and they had no where to go. Somone had the bright idea of calling their ship and blowing a hole in the bridge to get out. Well it worked since they all had suits and they just got on board their freighter. The end of Zahn's book "The Last Command" was kinda like this, but we did this many years ago.

Also, I was the GM all the time for our group and was building up the characters and everything was going great UNTIL a good freind wanted to GM so I let him and all of a sudden we are fighting Darth Vader and the Emperor both at once and it was just lame.

14. Innst Lo Bi

Innst Lo Bi Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 1999
    Squonk,

Presumably you all died as well! Or was you GM a woos too?

15. Ubiqtorate

Jul 17, 1999
    Hey, Squonk, I hope somebody had the guts to tell this GM to get off and everything went back to where it had been before this guy started screwing off. I hate it when it becomes GM vs. Players. Nobody has any fun.

--Ubiqtorate

16. Filzar

Filzar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 1999
    well the same type of thing happend to me and varian. we were in a group that sometimes played without us, or even trying to get hold of us to see if we were avalible. well the gm liked to play his character sometimes to he would let some of the others gm, well our gm was ok and would not do anything drastic without us around but since he realy wanted to play the sub. did a lot. we had a luxury liner and it was all decked out. we had a spa and bar and every thing you could think of we had most likly. well me and verian were left on a planet while they took off with it, (realy what happened is we werent there so played without us) and when they came back and we saw the ship, we were so pissed. it had holes all over the ship and it was ruined as a luxury liner. verion had a couple of other things happen to him but i will let him tell you that part of it. needless to say we wanted the luxury liner back but had to setle for converting it to a huge store room that flies. ;(

[This message has been edited by Filzar (edited 10-05-1999).]

17. Varian Denubius

Varian Denubius Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 1998
    Yea that one sucked the big one. Some other guy ran once when we weren't there and my luxury liner is fragged. It was mine not the groups. I had convereted my room to a recluse of nature. Plants everywhere and self sustaining animals. Like a little garden. Even put in a force feild and a supply of air so the room would be safe if the ship got vacuumed for 3 days. Unfortunately they flew it with holes going all the way through it for several weeks. Everything in the room was dead.

18. IG-64

IG-64 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 1999
    Here's one of my favorite stories involving players coming up with unique and unexpected ideas:

The players were in a city investigating the disapperances of a number of people. Rumors were floating all around that the people were being killed by a monster that was running around in the sewers and steam tunnels under the city. After debating and debating over the best way to track and eliminate the beast, they finally settled on a solution that I will never forget; a solution that was actually as clever as it was absurd.

They got a cow (well, the local equivalent thereof) from the local countryside, injected it with radioactive fluid, and set it loose in the steam tunnels. The idea was to use a rad-counter to track the radioactive materials in the cow, and then to track the monster after it ate the cow.

Well, it was a great plan, but what the characters didn't know was that the 'monster' was actually a sentient alien; not a dumb beast. When it saw the cow wandering around the steam tunnels, it knew something wasn't right and it didn't go near it.

To this day, the term 'Radioactive Cow' is used by myself and my players to refer to an outragious plan.

19. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    I presented my funny group of SW players (the NR commandos) with the threat of a doomsday device once; when they finally dicovered the thing they had been looking for, I told them:
    "It's a computer, and it's counting backwards."
    Shantya the Jedi: "Okay. Give me the detonite we've got left. I'll blow it up."
    Kharn the rogue: "Good idea, Shantya. I second that."
    So instead of disarming the bomb, they blew it up. There were about 800 000 casualties in the city they had come to protect.

20. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Sorry, double post...

[This message has been edited by Sgt Crowfield (edited 10-05-1999).]

21. jreedy21

jreedy21 Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 1999
    I'm in a SWRPG game right now where my brother was playing a bounty hunter or something (not important). He got captured by this guy who liked to experiment on people by giving them cybernetics. He actually thought the highest form of life was a cybernetic organism (sound like the Borg to anybody else?) So my brother's character did some really stupid stuff to get captured by this cyborg guy, and as punishment (we think) the GM had the cyborg guy cut off the character's arms and legs and replace them with mechanical ones. He also put some sort of implant (with cortex bomb included) in his brain. The cyborg guy then sent him on this mission to kill a VIP that was involved with the group....long story. Well, anyway, another character, along with a rebel computer technician, tried to hack into my brother's character's brain (the new cyborg guy). The rebel computer tech rolled a critical mishap on whatever skill she was trying to use.

The guy's head exploded in a shower of blood and computer parts. Neat, huh?

22. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    Installment II of "the wookie". Today, my brother, the same wookie, was flying his smuggling freighter around when a couple of tie fighters decided to mix it up with him. Well, with a 5d + 2, he rolled about a 60 and completely outmaneuvered the tie fighters in question. Well, me and the other guy on the ship were trying to shoot them down, but we were horrible at gunnery, so we didn't even get close. Therefore, my pschotic brother decided to try to manever and make the ties run into each other. The GM gave him 50 as the TN because he knew there was no way it would ever happen twice in a row. Well, he rolls a 55 this time... ABSOLUTELY UNPRECEDENTED!!!!!!! If this continues, I think I'm just going to quit.

GMJ

23. Ubiqtorate

Jul 17, 1999
    Unprecedented, Jerjerrod? Check my earlier post. This guy's done that. I'm telling you, these people are cheating! We've just got to figure out how they do it! Of course, Watto probably thought Qui-Gon was cheating with that chance cube, too . . .

--Ubiqtorate

24. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    No, you don't understand... he's only rolling like 4 or at most 5 dice.... ABSURD is all I can say about that. We joked that we were going to put him in an atmospheric suit and strap him to the ship to absorb turbolaser shots. LOL!

GMJ

25. IG-64

IG-64 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 1999
    I once had a player who had a tendency to roll his dice, read the numbers, and scoop the dice back up in his hand before anyone could see them; all in one swift and smooth motion. He always seemed to roll really well. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.