side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varian Denubius

Varian Denubius Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 1998
    I once had a guy that would reroll his dice unless he got a good number then he would keep it and say that is what he rolled. I started only acepting rolls that I saw him use personally. Worked pretty good.

2. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    That's absurd... I would never allow another person to do something like that. The only thing that our GM allowed someone to reroll is like they got killed on the first shot that was ever taken at them... they rolled like all 1's for defense against a heavy blaster rifle.

GMJ

3. Filzar

Filzar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 1999
    i would not have allowed that. as a gm i would have had them go down but not killed them, i would not let people reroll thier dice at all. that is why the dice are used. you can always go either way on the roll, for good or for worse.

4. Ubiqtorate

Ubiqtorate Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 1999
    IG, Varian, I've had people do exactly that! When these players were new, I let it slide, because most of the time they needed all the help they could get. Somehow, though, even after I started cracking down on these "let's roll until we get something good" trips, these people still managed to roll off the charts! Okay, maybe they weren't rolling fifties and sixties with 4D, but they do manage to get about twenty points higher than I think they ought to, consistently. I don't understand.

--Ubiqtorate

5. Piing

Piing Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 1999
    Well, my martial artist pulled off something I did not expect her to last night. A security droid shot a small rocket at her and the Filvian. She tried leaping out of the way, but instead fell flat on her face. (Why do my acrobatics rolls always fail? I have a good amount of D, but I always roll ones and end up sprawled across SOMETHING. ) I was anticipating my first Jan-lo maneuver, and I rolled my strength. I got 21 on 4D. I didn't think it would be enough, but I was only stunned. *shakes head* Crazy dice! (I guess I'll have to control pain the next round, but I don't want to, because then I'm back to rolling perception.)

6. jsd

jsd Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 1999
    Ok here's one to add to "The Tales Of The Magic Dice" file.
    The party I was playing in were on the second death star doing spy stuff but we had a wookie, a defel and a Jawa so they had to hide.
    They were discoved by storm troopers and deciding discression was the better part of valour ran away into the ventilation system and turbolift shafts. During there escape they had to jump across the lift shaft not a problem for a wookie or a defel but a JAWA no way. So to get round this the Defel threw the Jawa to the Wookie. To cut an already long story short it didn't quite work and the Jawa was hit by a moving turbolift. the jawa rolled his strength against the damage for a moving turbolift and got 56 on 3D. Not being the first time for this type of roll everyone questioned how he got this but he maintained that it was all above board.
    It didn't matter anyway because when the death star blew up he died in an escape pod.

7. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Well, this week was Legend Of The Five Rings, not Star Wars, but nevertheless, I have yet another absurd situation. This is a little different than SWRPG, as you use 10 sided dice instead on 6 and you can reroll all 10's for additional damage. Well, it's a samurai game and this one pathetic little ninja threw a throwing star (2d) and did 54 points of damage. It completely put me out (it was enough to kill me, but the GM just put me out, not dead).

GMJ

8. Djrii RaVan

Djrii RaVan Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 1999
    "Where are you guys?"

While trying to storm an enviromentally dangerous reactor and shut it down. my team of "crack commandos" and I had finally made it inside. "Kevin" (See Piings all new SF thread for the complaint on that one) has taken up residence in a watchtower to cause a distraction. He's firing off the e-web, chucking grenades etc. when he decides to throw one AT the reactor. -chuck- the grenade's in the air and suddenly we get a call on the comlink-"Where are you guys anyway?" "KEVIN WE'RE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS WALL!!!!!!!!!" -tink- the genade makes contact with the dilapidated wall of this dilapidated reactor and -Splot!- Green gunk covers the entire surface.-----Glop Grenade. yep. All he had bought were glops. -sigh- we could have killed him!

9. ED

ED Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 1999
    This is kind of along the absurd characters, but my group thought it was amusing, so here goes.

One of my players recently introduced a quite short female scout with blond hair. Anyway after a few adventures, the player in question started to come up with strange plans and claimed it was the characters nature. So, for each "blonde" type plan or situation he gets his character into, his character gets a blonde point, where the character can use these blonde points to add to any persuasion, con or bargain type of role and and only if the role is use in conjuction with the character getting her own way in front of a male.

This is a very silly concept I know, but it gives my players a good laugh anyway.

For all you who are "Politically Correct" I can only throw myself at your good natured side, and plead mercy and forgiveness for continuing on the age old sterotypical traditions. ( and if its any excuse my girlfriend is blonde and has just completed a degree in physical geography.)

10. squonk

squonk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 1999
    here's a pretty good dice story:

I (GM) was playing an NPC Gamorrean that would join our group if the Wookiee could beat him. They both had 5D and the rolls were amazingly similar (duh). It was like ewatching "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne or thae fight from "They Live" with Roddy Piper. it went on for about one hour in real time.
    eventually the Wookiee beat him and he joined the group. This way there was a character I could use in the group when we switched GM's

11. Ubiqtorate

Ubiqtorate Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 1999
    Hey, ED, that's pretty creative. Any instances you dare tell us about where this character's actually used her blonde points?

--Ubiqtorate

12. Pretty Fly 4 a Grand Moff

Pretty Fly 4 a Grand Moff Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 1999
    Ahhh, another week, another story. My brother, the absurd wookie is an invincible die roller. He had been searching around the planet we are on to find a underworld-type fight that he could get into. (He's a former gladiator fighter) Well, our GM had 2 weeks to think up something to put him up against to smack down his ego. So... when we come in today, the GM says, "Heh, have I got a fight for you." Well, the game session starts and we're going along and my bro finds this underground fighting circuit. He gets into the ring and one of the other characters goes to the oddsmaker and finds out the odds. It's 4-1 against my bro and 3-5 against the other thing. He says what the hell and bets like 100 credits (that's all he had left) on my bro. Well, come to find out, this little dude knows some weird type of martial art that rolls like 12d. Well, with this martial art, you can split the die up and put some towards damage. Backtrack a little... the object of this combat is to SURVIVE for 3 rounds of combat because this guys is such a badass. Well, back to the story... this little dude hits and ends up doing 52 pts of damage to my bro. Well, he throws his 6d for strength and has an incredible rolling streak and fends it all off. He then turns around and fists the guy with a force point, raging, and his 7d brawl. He blasts this little dude for like 62 damage, but he should be able to fend it off because he has armor and good strength... right? WRONG!!!! He doesn't roll anything higher than a 3 on all of his die and ends up taking so much that he was killed on the first hit. The GM's mouth drops open and the other character yells, "You are the baddest mother ****er ALIVE!!!!". So, he wins a fight that was supposed to kick his ass.

It doesn't stop there. He goes on to fight more guys who can't even get him beyond wound 1 (only 1 was even able to hit him) and they were taking like 3 shots a piece (these were bad ass commandos too BTW). From now on, we're going to put this b****** on the front of our ship and let him brawl with the other starfighters, lol!!! I can't go on, as I still can't believe what he does.

GMJ's evil twin

13. Ghost of Jerjerrod

Ghost of Jerjerrod Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 1999
    Thread... must... not... die...

14. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Okey dokey... this is the last time I'll give this thread uppers, then I'll let it die if necessary.

GMJ

15. Darth Matty

Darth Matty Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 1999
    GMJ:

Discovered your topic and thought I'd add my own small, pathetic story of GM'ing a Star Wars adventure...

Our team consisted of a Boba Fett wannabe (Velia), a tongue-tied engineer (Mulder), an outlaw (Avon) and a glamorous gambler (Lily).

I can't remember off the top of my head if the adventure was home-made or a ready-made one (perhaps someone could refresh my memory if the scenario rings a bell..?) but the scene was this:

The gang were attempting to escape from a high-level Imperial base (or a Star Destroyer - again not sure!) and they'd come to a turbolift shaft that seemed unnoccupied. Lily began to descend - no problem, she thinks. Suddenly, a huge mechanical monstrosity appears at the bottom of the lift shaft - it's some sort of Imperial War Spider, lasers blasting away as it tries to scuttle up towards them.

Lily is hit and begins to fall. No worries! Says Velia, who has his trusted jetpack ready. He jumps from the side-shaft, jets down heroically avoiding the badly aimed beams of the enemy and grabs Lily, turning around to return to safety.

However, at this point the mechanical spider gets a lucky shot off, and Velia is knocked unconscious by the blast. Jetpack still burning, he (and the also unconscious Lily) fly up past our other two heroes and reach the top of the lift-shaft, where Velia then proceeds to headbutt the roof several times, not helping his unconscious state and at the same time gaining a few more dents in his helmet.

Mulder, the heroic engineer that he is, decides that he'll save the day, and throws some thermal detonators down the lift shaft.

Then, Velia's jetpack runs out of fuel. The two unconscious characters start falling.

Mulder, using a force point, praying hard to whatever mechanical deity he worships and sneakily rolling the dice behind a cupped hand, succeeds in clinging on to the ladder and, at the same time, catching the other two adventurers with his other hand.

They are saved! Now all they have to do is avoid the huge ball of flame that's rapidly rising from the destruction of the mechanical spider...

Only with this group of adventurers could this happen...trust me...

Darth Matty

16. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Heh, sounds like a typical day in one of our games. In our group, we have a Black Sun agent, a former wookie Imperial slave (who was also a gladiator-see above for some of his exploits), and a minor Jedi who is unaware of what the Jedi are about or what is right/wrong. Well, today, we were on the wookie's ship (he's a smuggler that is WAY in debt to the Black Sun) we got work of a cargo. We went to it and found that it was a slave-trafficking outfit. The wookie takes all that he can not to just go off, because if he completes the job, he loses half of his acquired debt. While on the ship in transit, we talk to the slaves and despite their begs, keep the deal under way. Well, we get to the place and I have a flashback from when I was very young with my Master (he was killed in the purge, leaving me only like 10% trained) saying that all life was precious, etc. Well, my need for money and a future makes me ignore his warning and allowed the slaves to be traded, the Black Sun agent propositioned one of the female slaves, and therefore, I gain two darkside points (whoo-hoo) and our GM announces "I wanted to give you guys a chance to go down the 'light path', but you guys are just crazy *******s".

Bwa-hahahahahahahahahhaha

GMJ

17. Darth Matty

Darth Matty Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 1999
    Good evil meglomaniac cackle, GMJ!

Going back to ED and the blonde with her Blonde Points, there used to be a fifth member of the team, the ubiquitous Jack Tasker, a smuggler and then boyfriend of Lily the gambler. The guy who played him (Steve) was mad keen on Bruce Willis, Arnie and the whole "tough guy" image, with appropriate bad jokes and terrible puns every time they wasted a stormtrooper.

It quickly got out of hand, and his character sheet began sprouting extra skills like nobody's business. The most memorable skill to be created was the "Harsh Language" skill. "I roll a 27 on bad language to kick his sorry @ss outta the galaxy." etc etc.

The character sheet also had an overenthusiastic imagination when it came to the equipment list. Steve's held, among other things: A dead ewok, a Death Star, a Bumper book of bad jokes, Lynn Foulds Wood and countless other strange and wonderful artifacts that would get pulled out of a very deep pocket in the middle of a firefight.

I'm glad to see that there are some traits that all Star Wars fans exhibit when getting to live in their favourite universe!

DM

18. Ugavine

Ugavine Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 1999
    PC's being shot by Stormtroopers, now that would be unusual. But there was the time two of my PC's, Tanya & Minion, were stopped by Bounty Hunters. They teleport aboard my ship, capture Tanya who was in the cockpit and put up a force-field so Minion can not get in. They order Minion to surrender or they start cutting off bits of Tanya. Now Minion is a unique character with no comprehension of being threatened. He has 6D Str with +1D natural armour. A tough cookiee so the hunters didn't want to fight him, hence capturing Tanya. So I decide to have Minion wander down to the gun well a blow up the Bounty Hunters ship. Okay, the hunters say they'll now take my ship. So Minion overrides the safety and opens fire on his own ship. The Bounty Hunters not wanting to die must stop Minion. The GM though he would be sneaky and have the NPC's trust the force. But Minion also trusted the Force making his Str 12D. Bye, bye Bounty Hunters!

19. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    You know, that's funny because our GM has a knack for pulling ST shots out of his *** and it's the most absurd thing in the game in retrospect.

GMJ

20. Admiral Pellaeon

Admiral Pellaeon Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 1999
    The wookie rolls took 6 bad streaks, and none the less they were on astrogation, so we lost a couple of hours a couple of times, and power one time, but no real bad things......And the GMJ Wookie saga continues. I'm that wookie and his brother...well anyways. Last week well after all this we run apon a corellaon corvette, we're asked to help so we say what the hell. well come to find out there is a squadron of tiefigthters coming in, i do a sensor scan and see 9 Tie fighters coming in. So ignoring my astrogation rolls we go for it, well In a light Ghortock freighter with a she9ilds of 1 and a hull of 2...thats crazy right, wrong! I come out of that group with just 1 hull damage, then i make it through another 9 rolling 2d...

21. Sajada Donan

Sajada Donan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 1999
    :: out of character ::

I think I'd name two cats Qui-Gon Jin and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The new dynamic dual.

Foever Jedi
    Sajada Donan

22. Darth Parilis

Darth Parilis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 1999
    My cat is called Shmi

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 1999
    My cousins named their dog Chewy. But I would name a pet Jar-Jar if they were really clumbsy.

24. jawadajedi

jawadajedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 1999
    My friend named his Cats Han and Chewie. Chewie is big hairy and black, very rough to play with. Han is white and brown very mischievious and sly.

25. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    Once I had two fish named Luke and Vader. They killed each other....
    Later I got new fish. I named them Luke, Leia and Han.
    After Luke and Leia had made some baby-fish they died too....
    Sad, ain´t it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.