main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi of the Old Republic vs. Jedi of the New

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GavinStrife, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    I know this has more than likely been discussed somewhere, but I honestly couldn't find it... But after watching Episode III again last night, I got to thinking... the Jedi who were destroyed by the Clones had no idea what was coming. Mace and Yoda may have thought something was up, but they didn't really find any hard evidence- and, being in the same room as the soon-to-be Emperor many times, they had no idea what dark power he held. Now, after reading years of EU, the Jedi can seemingly pick out eachother across the galaxy, sense everyone in the room simply by using the force, and the Force guide's Luke's lightsaber with incredible accuracy, and he was trained for a few hours by an old Kenobi, a couple months (years?) by a reluctant Yoda, and then self trained from there... why would the Force show him things differently than the wise, well-trained Jedi council of old? Why wouldn't the Force warn the Jedi about what was going to happen? What happened to their danger-sense?

2. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    The Dark Side Clouds Everything..

In short the reason they couldnt "scan" Palps and see the nexus of dark side energies he was is that somehow he figured out how to "jam" that part of the Force.. (freakin sweet power if you ask meh).. the reason that the NJO can pick each other out.. is simply noone is "jamming" now..

3. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Because the Jedi were constantly sensing the Clones doing their duty. That's why they couldn't sense Order 66, there was no change in the Clones mental aura since they were still doing their duty.

4. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Isn't only family members (Skywalker/Solos) and the Myrkr team that can connect across the galaxy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.