main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #1-5 (3/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darkslayer, May 18, 2017.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm getting some nice 1999 Episode I tie-in material vibes with this cover
    [​IMG]

2. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Yaaaaas! Cannot wait for this and more adventures of other Jedi in the future! :D

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Looks like it's set during the early days of the Clone Wars. What cameos could there be? [face_thinking]

4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Awesome! Glad to see a new comic set during the PT era. And right at the start of the Clone Wars too! It'll be great to see the little gap between AotC and TCW film filled in. Can't wait!

Although I don't get why Marvel is making their series around characters, and not just a certain time period (aside from the main ongoing of course)? They could've just made this an ongoing and called it Jedi Of The Republic, and like with the main series, have story arcs featuring different characters. Kind of like the DH Republic series, I guess. Regardless, though, I'm super excited for this!

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This series needs to have a Snakes on a Plane reference.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  6. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Oh, and how could I forget! We NEED a story exploring the earlier Jedi-days of Count Dooku before TPM, be it a comic, book, TV show, game, etc., one that would showcase his time as Yoda's padawan and Qui-Gon's master. Basically the life and times of Count Dooku.:D

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    New battle droid is trialled - robo-snakes.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If this becomes a regular thing, I really hope Plo Koon is next.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Complete with Force Lightn.... ahem, electric judgement capability featuring?

10. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    Excited to see the early Clone Wars filled in a little.
    Also, great way to seed new minor Jedi characters for Soule to kill off in Vader!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Wow, cool, I'd wondered when they'd finally make a Snoke book.

revan772 and The Positive Fan like this.
  12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I know he has absolutely no pull over at Marvel but I can imagine Dave Filoni pulling some story group strings in order to get a certain Kel Doorian some more of the already stolen limelight. ;)

13. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Awesome! Hope its good! Outside of Darth Vader by Gillen which I thought was wonderful none of the Marvel comics have really wowed me yet. I like that they are doing something in other eras.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  14. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Glad that we're getting our first clone wars era content that isn't some reimagined TCW script.

Karl0413 and Ghost like this.
  15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    EDIT: Wrong thread

16. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    To quote Anakin Skywalker: Yippie!

Glad that they are embracing the PT era. And we hadn't enough Mace in the new canon so far. And it's early Clone Wars, a period relatively unfilled in the new canon so far.
    I also hope this is a "series of miniseries" and that we'll get more of them. Ki-Adi-Mundi, Luminara Unduli & Barriss Offee, Shaak Ti etc.

Marvel makes me glad.

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Wow, this sounds really cool. I've been waiting for Marvel to do something like this for the longest time. The PT/Clone Wars era really gives creators the chance to stretch their legs and imagine, unlike the ANH-ESB era which has all been the same old stories for Han Luke and Leia.

Consider me interested.

18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    If this IS a series of mini series then I'd guess it'd work out, given the title, as sort of anthology adventures set all around the timeline.

We could have:

-Mace Windu during the early years of the clone war
    -Ki Adi Mundi on a diplomatic mission gone wrong a couple years after TPM
    -Luminara Unduli's (temporary) escape from order 66 after ROTJ

Come to think of it, if Jedi of the Republic ends up being a banner for anthology stories it would technically be the THIRD anthology series in canon after Forces Of Destiny and the upcoming YR comic Star Wars: Adventures.

19. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I hope we get some Mace-Depa relationship building. We only got Mace's perspective from shatterpoint.

20. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    You know, Genndy Tartakovsky just did a Luke Cage comic miniseries for Marvel. Just saying....

(Not to mention, the big battle setpiece in the 7th episode of the new Samurai Jack was pretty clearly him calling back to Mace's Dantooine battle in his Clone Wars run.)

21. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I wonder if this series is going to recanonize Vaapad and Shatterpoints, since that's basically what most Mace-centered Legends material talked about... :p

Darkslayer and ChefCurryWindu like this.
  22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yay, nice to see the comics branching out a bit more, rather than mostly OT stuff (and I don't care about more Vader comics). It'll be interesting to see whether they keep any Legend Windu background. There's some TCW stuff, but otherwise, its still mostly a blank slate at this point.

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This is so exciting! So assuming "Jedi of the Republic" is going to be an ongoing thing, who else should we see?

-Kit Fisto
    -Plo Koon
    -Aayla Secura

Those are the most obvious three who aren't main characters. Who else?

24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Jedi of the Republic: Barriss Offee might be a good way to bridge Barriss' Legends portrayal in Medstar to her 5th season turn in TCW...

And bring on Jedi of the Republic: Sifo-Dyas!

25. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    If I understand correctly legends Mace isn't like canon Mace. What are the differences?

I personally find canon Mace incredibly dull and hope they do some interesting things with him that we haven't seen in any continuity.