main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #1-5 (3/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darkslayer, May 18, 2017.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    You know, come to think of it, I make fun of Coleman Kcaj all the time, but has Coleman Trebor ever actually done anything either?

(And is that the tuckerization issue, or just the fact that we don't have enough pre-AOTC stories in general?)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    My personal impression, based solely on having heard him talk on Star Wars for a while in person just prior to TFA coming out, was that Ostrander was done with writing Star Wars and not really interested in coming back, especially without Duursema as a partner. But he also seems to be pretty much retired with writing in general, notwithstanding his weekly column on ComicMix.

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    This will give us a return of Phase 1 armored Clone Troopers.

I do enjoy Clone Wars year one, especially pre-TCW because of the freshness of the war for those that partake in it.

It's to bad they are not going to make anymore animated content in the clone wars. While TCW being finished would have been fantastic, I would have liked a miniseries (or short 1 season) that acts as a prequel to TCW.

But since that's just a wishful dream, bring on a Republic Commando story about their early days in the war in comic book format. Anakin getting knighted in comics and seeing him and Obwans first battle in the war. I also want to see some new padawns in this period, see how they deal with war while being a jedi apprentice. Maybe we could jump late into the war, and see more of the youngling crew after their got their lightsabers, but before Order 66.

iPodwithnomusic and SilentGuy66 like this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I love Ostrander, primarily for as I see it the definitive version of Martian Manhunter he wrote during the 90s solo series. Great writer.

5. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    He did a great job dying in AOTC.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm kind of annoyed that they didn't go with "KNIGHT OF THE REPUBLIC".

But I guess they would have considered it and decided:

1) No, people are dumb and will get confused

2) No, people are dumb and will say "Actuuuuually, Mace Windu is a Jedi Master, omg I'm so smart and clever for catching Marvel out"

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I swear I still don't even know who half these random Jedi are.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I always thought Mace was dull and unpleasant especially so in Shatterpoint wiht his macho-like behaviour and Stover droning on and on how powerful he is. So this is obviously a pass for me.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5210 mit Tapatalk

9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    He died like a graceful swan............after being shot repeatedly and toppled over a ledge.

and

Wait you did not like Mace in Shatterpoint?

AusStig, SilentGuy66 and Darkslayer like this.
  10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Unpopular opinion: I wish that new series wasn't set during the Clone Wars. Haven't we had enough CW-era material to last a lifetime?

11. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I am inclined to agree. I am ok with more stuff in that era down the line but can we please flesh out some gaps that have not already have extensive stories set in them?

12. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu padawan stories please.

13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Although TCW is my favorite era, I agree with you. I really want to see some pre-AOTC material. Even in Legends the TPM/AOTC gap was largely unfilled. It's an era ripe with good storytelling potential. Personally I'd love a Dooku book by James Luceno set during that era showing how he trained as a Sith and formed the CIS.

14. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I've been saying for a while that they should do a story about him meeting and training with the Shaman of the Whills, where he learns the secret of coming back as a Force Ghost.

Revanfan1 and Darkslayer like this.
  15. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    This, as it would tell stories not covered in either Legends and canon.

SilentGuy66 and vncredleader like this.
  16. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    That wouldn't work very well in comic form, seeing as how he didn't keep his body when he died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  17. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I do feel like there has been enough Clone Wars content (especially considering it's supposed to be a three-year war...By the Force I've always wished the Clone Wars was a conflict that lasted much longer). I've always like the era right before the Clone Wars, where the galaxy was at "peace."

18. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    That wouldn't fit in the new canon because he learned the secret of "becoming one with the force" from the Force priestesses. And he even couldn't come back as a force ghost because he didn't complete his training (he only could appear on Mortis).

19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Only about 15 years of CW material. Yet we had 40 years of GCW stuff. I love TCW era, and the more we get the better. There's so much that can still be explored, either from a different point of view, a different battle happening someplace else away from a major character...

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Right now we only have two largely unrelated storylines for the Clone Wars era. That's a pittance compared to the five or so for the OT.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    All I'm saying is that there hardly anything, even in Legends, that's set between TPM and AOTC. (Don't start listing counter-examples, please. I know there are some, but it's still MUCH less than CW-era material.)

22. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    True. I was hoping the Obi-Wan and Anakin comic would be an ongoing. There is a lot of potential for stories in that ten year time span, but it might not be a focus since, really, nothing major happened. They can make up some interesting stories, of course, but again, with nothing big occurring between the peaceful time, it's not that big of a thing for the Story Group I guess. But the Jedi of the Republic series might jump around the timeline and we'll get stories between TPM and AOTC.

Vialco likes this.
  23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    While their is no galactic scale war pre-AoTC, I do want to see more local conflicts spring (beyond the one in Anakin and Obiwan) up in the story groups imagination. Further seeing Jedi being peace keepers. Since the Jedi Order loses the Clone Wars, and we haven't gotten nu ToR era material yet, I would like to have them restore peace in a terrible local conflicts pre-AoTC. See how this happens without a large Republic military to back them up.

Im sure their were also some wars that went beyond one solar system. If im remembering right, I think Trench participated in space battles pre clone wars.

Barriss_Coffee and LelalMekha like this.
  24. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    The galaxy is enormous, and people are people, so yes, there MUST have been loads of localized conflicts in that ten-year span. Not everything has to be major as in "on a galactic scale." A world war is "major" in its own right though.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ohhhh you would love Nomad, possibly my favorite Star Wars comic story ever*. For the very reason you just brought up -- local conflicts during the Clone Wars, so much so that you forget while reading it what era it's based in. It's basically one dude going around saving people. The catch is he's not a Jedi -- just acting like one, the irony being he's doing a better job saving the everyday folks than the real Jedi are at the same time.

Edit: Actually I think it's right before TCW's era.

*Except that one where San Hill tortures Ben Quadrinaros. Also I guess all of KOTOR, but that goes without saying.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.