main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi on Geonosis

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Alpha-Red, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If Mace Windu and the other Jedi could've infiltrated Geonosis so easily, then shouldn't they have noticed the huge droid army hanging around? Why did they reveal themselves when it was obvious that the droids could overwhelm them? It's like James Bond throwing away the element of stealth and attempting to go on a Terminator-like rampage.

2. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    If the jedi waited any longer don't you think they would have had to sacrifice Anakin, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padme.

3. Astral_Bug

Astral_Bug Jedi Master star 1

Sep 19, 2005
    Mace just wasn't the stellthy one. What with aggresion and his 'I will end this once and for all' ROTS stuff...

Sure, the Jedi could easily free Ani&Obi&Padmy, using super-Jedi powah&skillz, but first they tryed to talk their way. (Thay are keepers of the peace, not soldiers...). Turns out, Dooku wasn't interest in negotiations after all...

4. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Ya they knew that the droids were there but they didn't expect Dooku to be so powerful. They thought they could capture Dooku easily and underestimated his powers and that of his army.

5. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    But wouldnt they gather from the large factories and unlimited amount of droids that Dooku planned to attack and destroy something...or even go to war!

6. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Major understatement there. The Jedi bit off more than they could chew, and only 20 or so out of slightly over 200 of them present managed to walk away alive as a result.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Mace was stealthy enough, but the jedi at point were really crappy at playing soldier.

8. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Mace was stealthy enough, but the jedi at point were really crappy at playing soldier

Didn't the Jedi win the battle of Geonosis?

One might argue that the clones one, but Yoda, Mace and Anakin made decisive
    commands which helped turn the tide.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    They won, but for the most part they were bad soldiers at the time. Mace, Yoda and Anakin were exceptions. The Jedi in the arena were fortunate that Yoda and the clones showed up when they did, with guns blazing.

10. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002

How did they get there? How did they land without taking notice? What kind of ship did they come in?

32u223-58-2i-0sdfksdfl
    ;
    fsd;
    f;
    r;dfsfsdfi-0923-8942352=-345i62[k';dfk,;sk,fsdfsd

w'
    dfe[wrki-g=-02354=23-41241
    ;

11. andkiich

andkiich Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2005
    Mace said, "I will take what Jedi we have left and go to Geonosis"(paraphrased).

Most of the other Jedi were out on other assignments, so he probably only had the less experienced ones left.

He also said that he prayed he made it in time, which would lead one to believe that stealth was only an option to gain position, after that if they had any chance, they needed to fight. Mace also knew that Yoda was planning on bringing an army to help out, so he only needed to hold on long enough for teh Clones to arrive. He did not have to win the whole fight by himself.

12. sith-lord-dore

sith-lord-dore Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    Mace was stealthy enough, but the jedi at point were really crappy at playing soldier.

also at the start of Attack of the Clones Mace said "we're keepers of the peace not soldiers."
    i believe that the jedi were only peace keepers to the republic.

13. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    I wonder. Couldn`t some of them safe Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme and the rest don`t land on the arena but kill Jango , Dooku and Poogle first? Then in the chaos it would be more difficult to give the droids correct orders .

14. Jedi_Twilight

Jedi_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    It would have made sense if two more Jedi went with Mace to the balcony.

15. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    They noticed all of the droids, but I'm sure they planned to look into that later. They had no time to investigate.

16. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    But how could they see the droid and not think someone could activate them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.