main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Order goes to Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by ChrisKenobi, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    The Jedi Order will be making the trek to Filmcon3. I need to know who is in for this adventure. It is the 15th and the 16th of November. This will be a busy week for us being that the DVD comes out on the 12th. It seems we have had some royal guard costumes become avalible for you all to wear. So what I need from you is to let me know who will be joining us. There is a website www.filmcon.com You can register there. Post up and we will begin the planning. I a hpoing to have a meeting on Saturday the 31st. The qustion of where will be cleared up later.

2. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Count me in. I'm with you too

3. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Of course i will be going, i am the navigator. So will we be leaving at 4:30am right?

4. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Gee I think I will be there. unless i get banned.

and all the Quad City Jedi Order is invited to go.

5. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Yes, Nate. I am of course second gunner, Head is first, and the troops will be crammed in the back, as always.

Girlfriends( or boyfriends...zack) are not allowed on this mission.

6. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Hi again.

As I stated in another thread, I'm from Davenport, but now live in Madison.

If any of you have any questions, I'll try to answer them. I've only been here a year, but I've gotten to know the place fairly well. :)

If you do, please PM me or post here.

Latre! :D

7. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I want to go, I will let you know for sure in a few days. Is anyone carpooling so I could get a ride if I go?
    Lance

8. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Hello folks,

Just wanted to say THANKS in a big way. This convention is for fans, by fans! We do have guests, but you the fan make it what it is. Bring your costumes, your pictures, your questions and we will do our best to make this weekend the best for you!

The web site has a page you can print that you can send in with your payments.

We will also be updating soon. Remember if you want to join the light saber classes you must sign up at registration when you enter the convention. You must also sign up for the masquerade and trivia at the same time.

I really want this to be fun for all the FF members out there. So again, if you have any questions...email me directly!

See you in Madtown the 15th-the 17th, of November!

Eric

9. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I think I'm gonna go I'm gonna have to see how money is I am a little behind on Cash right now. But, I think The Death Star Will be operational.

10. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Uh....Uh....Negative, Negative. I've got a reactor leak here, uh, going to need those days to lock it down. Uh, large leak - very dangerous!

11. qcjediDave

qcjediDave Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2002
    I would most definently like to go but i need more info

12. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Things have worked out so that I can go. But would like to carpool--anyone else want to not using my car since my wife is taking our "good" car to DesMoines that same weekend for a conference she is attending. Found the hotel website the prices are running $80-84 a night that is with 2 double beds. So if we could get 4 people in a room it would be real cheap. Did the filmcon book a block of rooms at a special rate? Madison is about 3 hrs away. Are you all wanting to go all 3 days or just Fri Sat?
    Lance

13. Master-Jedi-Smith

May 26, 2002
    Hi, me again. :)

Try looking up the prices at the Extended StayAmerica or StudioPlus. I think they are about the same price as you have quoted, if not a couple of dollars cheaper, plus they have a kitchen area (stove, big fridge, glasses, silverware, pots and pans)

Extended StayAmerica phone #: (608)833-1400

Studioplus phone #: (608) 833-2121

They are owned by the same people and are right next door to each other.

They are also about 5 minutes away from where the convention is being held, I believe. :)

I have always enjoyed my stays at these places, and I am always surprised at how cheap they are considering all the things you get with the room.

The Studioplus is alittle more, but the rooms are bigger than the Extended StayAmerica.

If you have any questions, just ask.

14. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    hey y'all I may be able to get my parents to loan me one of the vans if we need that. Also I think 4 to a room is how we should do it because that makes it eaiser and just draw for beds or whatever.

15. Master-Jedi-Smith

May 26, 2002
    Oh, I forgot to mention that the Studioplus also has couches to sit on or sleep on. At least the one with the king size bed I had did.

The Extended StayAmerica only had a recliner.

16. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Or, Dudes, you could be really cheap and put two in a bed, that way everyone is comfortable. Just as long as you're not paired with X-Man, you should be OK (he has a bit of a snoring problem). Ha.

17. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Just to let you know...YES we have room blocks. The Number to the hotel is...

608-833-0100

Let them know you are with the con. I will do my best to find the other hotels. They are near but not real close. Again if anyone needs help let me know. I want people to attend, I am willing to help...

but you have to let me know.
    *Send me a message if you want!

Eric

18. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    You would like two guys to a bed...wouldn't ya Zack...

just playin, that was a good response to tim's pointless drivil above though...most impresive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.