main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast Dramatization?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by movieboy321, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. movieboy321

movieboy321 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2007
    I've created a audio drama using the sounds extracted from the game Jedi Outcast. I know Lucasfilm encourages Fanfilms and Fan audio productions but since the sounds are only from the game I thought I'd check. Does anyone know if it would be illegal to distribute this, say on iTunes?

2. noron

noron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2007
    as long as you are doing it for free I can't see any reason why you couldn't.

3. padawan_learner86

padawan_learner86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    I guess you should be ok, as long as you post enough disclaimer, and maybe include one at the beginning of the audio clip. That's just my advice, but don't take my word for it. [face_worried]

Would you be so kind as to post a link to where ever you upload it once you do?

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Well, if it is from a previously-copyrighted source, I really doubt that you could put it on iTunes. Now, if you composed your own music, then I would not see anything wrong with trying to distribute it. How about you ask iTunes and other music providers to see if that operation is legal?

5. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    If you mention at the end of the Audio Dramatization that you used the material as inspiring material then it could fly out ok.

Giving the credits to the right people you know.

As far as distributing it on iTunes, it's just as legal as any of the other podcast of audio dramas already out there.

Let us know if you need help with your XML files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.